Dr. John Cunningham, MD

Practices Gastroenterology

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 28 reviews.
Author:
Found him very informed and professional. Gave other options over surgery. Spent enough time to get facts, and course of action needed for next step in diagnosis.
Author:
It was my first time and I was made comfortable
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! - Office Representative
Author:
Dr. Cunningham is an excellent Doctor, he listens to my concerns and I never feel rushed out of his office. It's really important to feel completely satisfied with the answers of your Dr. so you feel likely to return to his office and recommend him to others, with Dr. Cunningham I feel he cares for his patients sincerely, so may he have continued success throughout his career.
Author:
Very pleased with my recent visit with Dr. Cunningham, and his staff. You expect professionalism and you get it, but you also get a patient friendly doctor who answers and then explains his answers.
Author:
Dr. Cunningham is an exceptional physician. He's up to date on all matters relating to his areas of practice, a patient's ongoing treatment and other medical issues a patient might wish to ask about. Discussions with him are relaxed and extremely informative. I am grateful to be in his care.
Author:
Very professional. Attention to patient care and convenience are clearly priorities.
Author:
I was initially a wee bit nervous entering the building as it was crowded that day and I thought the whole process would be like an assembly-line type of experience. However, from the front desk to the back, everyone was friendly and professional. Dr.Cunningham put me immediately at ease. We both were in the Army (Dr. Cunningham Medical Services, me Army Nurse Corps) and our paths had crossed while he was stationed at Brooke Army Medical Center. Small Army World! I would highly recommend him!
Author:
Went to see Dr. Cunningham for a review of a cysts that was located on my pancreas. Dr. Cunningham took the time not only to discuss my situation (and put my mind at ease) but to also discuss other medical issues, one of which was a history of my colonoscopys. He suggested one be performed. The day of the colonoscopy he was upbeat and confident, which helped put me at ease. Dr. Cunningham is now my "go to" gastroenterologist.
Author:
Dr. Cunningham was very attentive and caring. I would highly recommend him to my friends.
Author:
Dr. Cunningham was very polite and very knowledgeable. Dr. Cunningham listened to what i was telling him. He was able to answer all of my questions and expand his explanations to make it easier for me to understand. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.
Author:
I've recommended Dr. Cunningham twice already..
Author:
Colonoscopy procedure went very smoothly. Dr. Cunningham and others involved were very professional. I was highly satisfied.
Author:
This was my first visit with Dr. Cunningham. He listened to my comments and questions and was ever so patient with explaining what my symptoms could be and steps to take to make me healthier and at ease with upcoming procedures.
Author:
I would highly recommend Dr Cunningham, super nice guy on the personal side and very knowledgeable on the business end. They run their practice like one should be run and are very detailed. I do not usually write reviews, but this one deserved it!
Author:
He is not the kind that will listen to you. From my personal experience alone, he told me diet doesnt matter. It always does. I believe in holistic approaches. For instance, diet or vitamins. He laughed when i asked him if he had any ideas on the subject and made a joke out of it. I didnt find it funny, just insulting. Also, UC is a very painful illness. I need help with that at times. He doesnt believe that will help, but steriods will. 6 weeks of them made me feel worse. IM NOT TAKING THEM.
Hi there - we're sorry to hear about your experience. We'd like to hear more about your experience so we can improve. Please call Thomas Wilson, Assistant Administrator, at 210-614-1234 extension 723. - Office Representative
Author:
Dr. Cunningham was very kind and professional. He made me feel very comfortable and explained what was going to happen during the procedure. After the procedure, he explained what results and was not in a hurry when asking myself and my sister if we had any questions.
Author:
Dr. Cunningham is a great doctor and you can tell he really knows what he is doing. Very good with patients.
Author:
Dr. Cunningham was excellent at relaxing my fears about the colon procedure. He was very thorough in researching my medications and when I should stop taking them before the procedure. He contacted my other physicians to get input. He is very cordial and professional. I am very happy with him and thrilled I can get such quality care in Boerne. Recommend him highly.
Author:
Great Doctor, Knowledgeable and asks all the right questions to help determine best course of action. Doesn't overmedicate or go there first without understanding all the issues. Listens to his patients!
Great experience.
Author:
Such a good listener, very helpful and caring individual.
Author:
Excellent doctor. He is warm,friendly and caring. Everything you want in your doctor . He takes time to listen to you and never makes you feel rushed Would highly recommend him to all family and friends
Author:
I was prescribed Suprep bowel preparation & was shocked to find out the copay for that was $93.75! For a simple laxative for goodness sakes. After being disconnected from the main office number & faced with 8 callers now ahead of me I purchased the Suprep. I was disappointed to find out Suprep was every bit as distasteful as magnesium citrate and possibly even more so. Please, consider giving patients a head’s up that Suprep can be expensive and that cheaper alternatives may be available.
Author:
Dr. Cunningham is awesome. I've been under his care for over a year now, and it's been great. He's a real patient doctor. He explains results and procedures in a manner that any layperson can understand. His office staff is great, and I'm always seen within a few minutes of arriving. Highly recommend!
Author:
Dr Cunningham is very patient, compassionate and informative which is so beneficial to both me as a patient and my family. His knowledge and skills were evident. I so appreciate him and the care he provided.