Dr. John Cottam, MD

Dr. John Cottam, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. John Cottam, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 22 years.

14310 N Dale Mabry Hwy Ste 180

Tampa, FL 33618

• Ambetter
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Cottam

See how frequently Dr. Cottam performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Rash
Dermatitis
Skin Tag Removal

Dr. Cottam's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Cottam "We provide efficient care and try to treat your problems as fast as we can so that yu can get on with your life and social activities in a less stressful manner. We accept most insurances."

• Dermatology

• Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Melanoma
  • Mole
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pediatric Tumor

• University Of S Fl College Of Med
  • Tampa General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

• Carol Petrucelli Dermatology Student of the Year, 1999

Dr. Cottam has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cottam does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cottam and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cottam's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cottam to family and friends
1.7
Dr. Cottam's Performance
    GOOD
in Brandon, FL |
He has no bedside manners, was told by him that he didn't have time for me and wanted me to comeback in an hour, walked out when I asked a question and told me to ask nurse, over an hour wait, unprofessional staff, very dirty office, had instruments laid on counter which is unsterile, and wouldn't reimburse me my copay! I filed a complaint with my insurance company and the state board!
bradenton |
if you want wham bam thank you mam this is the place to go. Went in for a routine skin screening. After 3 to 4 minutes of exam and minor nitrogen freeze treatments I was billed $ 250 and told to come back for followup in 3 months. This is a very busy - pack them in- fast paced revolving door money making machine. Bottom line I will not go back . Hell I even had to ask him to look at the top of my balding head. They even wanted additional money if I used a credit card. STAY AWAY
Bradenton, FL |
Very scary physician, I question his knowledge, expertise and ethics. Overzealous to biopsy skin marks which had never changed. Office is dirty. If you have another provider choice, avoid this physician.
in Bradenton, FL |
I was very happy with Dr. Cottam and his office and clinical staff. I go to a dermatologist on a regular basis because of my aging, fair skin. My previous dermatologist, whom I personally really liked, never, in five years, used liquid nitrogen to clean up my arms, chest, face, etc. Dr. Cottam had a lot of catch up to do. I'll look awful for at least a week, but all those rough patches will be gone, so I'm happy with the visit. Sad waiting room with folding chairs, but I can live with that
in Tampa, FL |
I've been coming to doctor Cottam for over 10yrs. I have had multiple cancers treated by him. His staff always answers any questions I may need. If you want results than he's your best choice.
in Bradenton, FL |
Totally appreciate Dr. Cottam and his support staff. He is a straight shooter, telling it like it is; if you do not protect your skin you will have sx! I want an honest, professional, and highly skilled physician; Dr John Cottam is just that. My skin is better now than it was years ago when I started seeing him and so is my son's. The proof is in the results.
in Ruskin, FL |
Dr. Cottom does a thorough exam, asks questions, is an attentive listener, and is very knowledgeable. His staff is professional and efficient. I have complete confidence in him and have recommended him to friends.
in Bradenton, FL |
Nurse wrote five prescriptions without seeing skin. Doctor signed the prescriptions without seeing skin.
Very unsanitary office. Doc did not use gloves to cut biopsy. Refused to address all problem skin areas identifued claiming that more than 1 biopsy would open him up to insurance audit. Only biopsied 2 areas on first visit claiming that I had to come back. No call with results. Second visit limited to 1 small biopsy claiming possible insurance audit. Don't waste your time with this quack!
Hillsborough County, FL |
Avoid this doctor at all risk. He is always in a rush. Does not fully communicate with you. The patient is a burden to him. It's all about the money. Does not call you with biopsy results. A scammer.
in Tampa,FL |
To the point. In and out appointments. Staff is very knowledgeable and kind.
in Apollo Beach, FL |
Very knowledgeable. Waiting room can be a little slow but I never waited more than 20 minutes.
in Valrico, FL |
He is very rushed his office is very dirty and trash cans filled with needles and bloody pads no lids on them. Also he is rude when asking questions. Would not recommend him for anyone so many others to choose from.
in Belleview, FL |
Very rushed, doesn't want to listen... would rather talk about sports. had me on psoriasis meds and did not give order to have liver panel to make sure methotrexates weren't damaging it, which is VERY negligent! Then office never called me for f/up appt.... done.
Very rushed.... No time to listen... Just rush you out prescribed meds and not concerned for patient... Just a quick fix... It seemed, not interested of how the incident happened.... Poor service....
Have you seen Dr. John Cottam, MD?
Are you Dr. Cottam?