Dr. John Clough, MD

Dr. John Clough, MD

Neurosurgery  |

Dr. John Clough, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Overland Park, KS. He is 52 years old. Dr. Clough is affiliated with Research Medical Center, Menorah Medical Center, Overland Park Regional Medical Center, Providence Medical Center and The University of Kansas Hospital.

Neurosurgery of South Kansas City Medical Group

5340 College Blvd

Overland Park, KS 66211

• Advantra
  • Altius Health Plans
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • Cenpatico Behavioral Health
  • CompCare
  • CorVel
  • Family Health Partners

Learn about Dr. Clough

See how frequently Dr. Clough performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Spine
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)

Dr. Clough's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Clough "I am a member of Midwest Physicians, an integrated, multi-specialty group that strives to provide high quality, compassionate healthcare in a caring, affordable, timely and accessible manner. Our doctors collaborate with patients, their physician colleagues and other healthcare professionals to help ensure each patient's individual healthcare needs are met."

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Deep Brain Stimulation
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Stereotaxis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• University of Kansas / School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Dr. Clough has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Clough does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Clough and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Clough's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Clough to family and friends
Dr. Clough's Performance
in Leawood, Kansas |
The friendliness and attention I receive from Dr. Clough and his entire team is amazing. When I needed him he did everything possible to make himself available. His bedside manor is like talking to a friend, he really cares and takes the time. I know about neurosurgeons, Dr. Clough did my third spine surgery, and so well that he is doing my fourth. This past surgery was the best experience and outcome I have ever experienced.. Dr. Clough will be my neurosurgeon for life.
in Bellevue, iowa |
Listens to your questions and concerns, pays attention to details and offers down to earth explanations. You feel as if you are talking with a close friend, not your doctor. A first class operation, physician and staff.
Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate the kind words.
Lees Summit, MO |
Dr. Clough is a brilliant physician as well as a compassionate human being. He spent part of my appointment discussing possible pain relief treatments for my daughter that has advanced cancer. I appreciated him taking the time to talking with me about possible ways to improve her quality of life. He then spent a lot of time reviewing my MRI and talking with me about a plan of care. Being and RN I appreciate his conservative approach to treatment versus immediate surgery. Great doctor!
in Independence, MO |
Dr. Clough talks to you in terms you. can understand. Very conservative on surgery will avoid if possible.
Lees Summit, MO |
If you need a neurosurgeon look no further. He's a great doctor who has operated on my neck twice. I will need future procedures due to my condition and will come back to him. Great staff. Great facility.
in Shawnee, KS |
Outstanding. I returned from a trip out of state and was having difficulty walking because of an issue with my back. An MRI was ordered, options were layout in an easy to understand manner and when I made my decision Dr Clough open a space in his busy schedule to get me into surgery. The results of the surgery have vastly exceeded my expectations. A first class operation from Dr Clough through all of the people that assisted me in the office staff.
in Belton, MO |
Dr. Clough is a top notch neurosurgeon. He has surrounded himself with a very professional, friendly, and helpful staff. It is all worth the wait.
Jefferson City, MO |
Dr. Clough was very professional and thorough! He explained things well and gave me options for my care.
in Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Clough spends more time with each and every patient than any doctor I've met in my lifetime (and that's 70 years). He's attentive to the patient's needs fully and makes certain that he has addressed all of their needs. Even if the waiting time is more than average, most in the waiting room say, "He's worth the wait", or "This doctor is worth sitting here all day because he takes his time with each patient". The office staff and everyone else that works in this office has a smile always.
in Overland Park, KS |
Dr. Clough was very personable and kind. His assistant explained things in great detail before he came in to see me. He assessed my situation quickly and made a recommendation for an additional procedure that he thought would help for a better long-term "fix" on my back. He scheduled the surgery quickly, and IT WAS SUCCESSFUL!!! I am so grateful for his expertise and skill. I had never thought I wanted back surgery because of hearing of so many others who had problems, but it worked!
in Overland Park, KS |
If you need a Neurosurgeon Dr. Cough is the Dr. you want. Excellent surgeon and honest. It might be a wait to see him but you'll be glad you waited. He takes time to answer your questions and shouldn't say this but quite handsome! Make your appointment today.
Raymore, MO |
Dr Clough has been my physician for close to twenty years! He totally contradicts the stereotype of a surgeon. He's not pompous or egotistical in the slightest. He demonstrates a genuine interest in his patients and their well-being. He literally "knows" his patients. As a result, people need to be willing to wait when they have an appointment with Dr Clough. I never complain about waiting because he gives me the time I need just as he does his other patients. Caring, competent, concerned! ??
in Kansas City, MO |
I David W. Tooley, I had a recent visit with my back specialist John A. Clough, I had a very good visit with Mr. Clough each time I see him, he is my lifeline each time I see him, he is the best , why one very good listener, and two I have a lot of questions about my back problems John A. Clough, and staff is super about answering questions I ask, three, John A. Clough , as long as I been with him, and how wonderful he is has a lot of patients he see in a days time, the best in the business.
in Holden, MO |
He is the best. I won't be here today if it wasn't for Dr. Clough. To me I am so lucky to have him for my doctor and don't mind waiting for hours to see him.
in Olathe, KS |
I would recommend Dr. John Clough as ur neurologist for ur back troubles. He has a great bedside manner, and applies the medical knowledge he has to the medical issue or issues that your experiencing. It's done with the patient in mind whether it be pt. and med's or a hospital visit with surgery to correct the issue. I think you should give him a try. What would it hurt? RM.
in Lee's Summit, MO |
I have been seeing Dr. Clough for 10 years off and on. I had a newborn when I first saw him, and every time I have needed to see him, I was always given full attention to my matter. He has always explained everything to me in great detail, very thorough, and in terms I could understand. The only down side I have ever had, and unfortunately it is almost every visit, is the wait time to see him is excruciatingly long, with one time being an hour and a half. Still, I wouldn't go anywhere else.
in Fort Leavenworth |
So I had an appt to see hom for a post L4/L5 fusion. He did not show up or his PA. His nurse did. She tells me my MRI was fine and everything was normal. Obviously I did not take the advice of a nurse so I got another referral to a surgeon who showed up and explained to me I have a fracture on my L4 vertabrae and need surgery. Way to go Dr. John Clough for sending a nurse to do a neurosurgeon's job. Thank god I did not go back to your office!
Have you seen Dr. John Clough, MD?

Visit Dr. Clough

Dr. Clough accepts 29 insurance carriers
  • Advantra
  • Altius Health Plans
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City