Dr. John M. Ciccarelli, MD

Dr. John M. Ciccarelli, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Premier Spine Care 5525 W 119th St Ste 210, Overland Park, KS 66209 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Ciccarelli is a co-founder of PREMIER SPINE CARE. Dr. Ciccarelli completed a fellowship in Spine Surgery at the Scoliosis and Spine Center under the direction of a world renowned spine surgeon and former Chief of Spine Surgery at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland). His practice is limited to orthopaedic spine surgery. Areas of expertise include: complex reconstructive procedures of the lumbar spine, revision spinal surgery, and minimally invasive spinal procedures.Read more

Dr. Ciccarelli's Experience

95Experience
Match

See how Dr. Ciccarelli's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ciccarelli

Dr. Ciccarelli accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ciccarelli has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Ciccarelli's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ciccarelli to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Ciccarelli
Dr. Ciccarelli's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (73)
in Kansas City, KS |
I conducted thorough research and determined that Dr John Ciccarelli was the best choice within the Kansas City region. Dr Ciccarelli took the time to listen to my concerns and long-term health goals. He was very patient and thorough throughout the process. Surgery was performed flawlessly. His staff (Physician Assistant, Nurses and administrative support) were courteous, knowledgeable and a genuine pleasure to work with. I recommend Dr Ciccarelli to anyone that is in need of lower back care.
in Sedalia, MO |
I really don't know the words to express my respect & appreciation for Dr. Ciccarelli, his PA Jason Douglas and his entire staff. They are wonderful and caring people. I was to the point of not being able to walk a block w/o sitting down. I now walk 1 1/2 mi. in 30 mins. w/o stopping. Had been told by another Dr. that nothing could be done for me. Was taking the max dose of Gabapentin & Percocet with no relief, now I take nothing since my spinal fusion. Would do it again with no reservations.
in Kansas City, MO |
I was referred to Dr Ciccarelli by another Orthopedic Surgeon who is the head of a different group. He said if he would need spinal surgery that either Dr Ciccarelli for the lumbar or Dr Jackson for the cervical were the very best. The reason is that they have the least amount of infection rate in the state of Kansas. WOW another ortho saying this made me want to see Dr Ciccarelli for my lumbar spine condition. From the first apt toafter surgery his office staff, Jason his PA & MD were A+!
in Kansas City, MO |
My low back pain increased over the last 12 years to the point that my quality of life was greatly diminished. I went to Dr. Ciccarelli for a consultation to determine what could be done. My condition is spondylolisthesis. Dr. Ciccarelli perfomed a posterior lumbar fusion. I wish I could have had this done years sooner. My quality of life has been restored and I am totally pain free. Dr. Ciccarelli and his staff were awesome through the whole experience!
in Lawrence KS |
I thought Dr Ciccarelli and his P.A. Jason were wonderful! I'm 5 months out from fusion surgery on 2 vertebrae's. I tried everything from epidural's, physical therapy and acupuncture. Nothing worked! They helped me and I believe that I probably wouldn't be able to walked now if it wasn't for them. I also need to add that his Assistant Laura is wonderful also! Marsha of Lawrence
Olathe, KS |
Back surgery is a scary thing. Dr. Ciccarelli came recommended to me by another physician. He was very straight forward and from my untrained eye very skilled. I am very happy with the results of my surgery.
in Leavenworth, KS |
I had a very herniated disc in my lumbar and never having had surgery before I did everything I could to avoid having this procedure. I wasted my time doing injections that if my case had been milder, there would of been a chance for it to improve on its own. Dr. Ciccarelli was very highly recommended by friends and family. Despite my terror going in, knowing the capable hands of Dr. C my only regret is that I did not see him sooner. He is very conservative and will only operate if neccesary.
in Gardner, KS |
I spent 10 mths trying to find a diagnosis with zero actual relief. The day I met Dr. C, I broke down in tears. The pain was so bad I was living on Hydrocodone & couldn't find relief in any position. I'd wake up multiple times at night feeling like a bolt of lightning had struck me. Within a week of meeting him, Dr. C had performed surgery at L5S1 and I'm now 8 wks post op and back to living an active life again. I cannot thank him enough! He literally saved me and gave me joy in life again
in Cameron Mo. 64429 |
Wonderful Doctor. Kind & compassionate . He gave me my life back! I couldn't walk very far at all & he was the only doctor that said he could help me. He was honest & said it might not be perfect but he thought he could help me. I respect that. I was so happy to hear someone would even try. I felt I had already lost a year of my life seeing Doctor after Doctor. He performed surgery on my lower back cleaning an area out around my nerve & guess what?!?! I can walk again. Contact me for more info!
in Kansas City, KS |
After 3 not so successful back surgery's with different doctors, Dr. Ciccarelli was the first one that didn't just dismiss my issues, and listened to me. The spinal fusion Dr. Ciccarelli performed on my back was six month ago, and for the first time in 5 years I feel that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks also goes to his assistant Jason who always was there for me and Laura who made me feel special every time I came to the office.
in Shawnee, KS |
I was very fearful of having back surgery. After meeting with Dr. Ciccarelli and his excellent staff, my fears quickly dissipated. I had an allover informative, calming and caring experience with everyone at Premier before, during and after surgery. Absolutely the best care in the City!
in Kansas City, MO |
I was very hesitant to have back surgery having read a number of negative outcomes on the Internet. Eventually, however, my pain worsened to where I had no choice. My family physician and my pain doctor both recommended Dr. Ciccarrelli. I was impressed with him the minute I met him. He operated on me for a slipped disk (fusion surgery) and for spinal stenosis. Not only did I heal up quickly, but I had an excellent outcome. I highly recommend Dr. Ciccarelli to anyone contemplating back surgery.
in Kansas City, MO |
Very personable. Cared about what I was going through, and how I felt. Very confident that he could help me. And I feel great. I tell everybody I talk to that has back problems to go to Premier Spine Care. Ann.
Have you seen Dr. John M. Ciccarelli, MD?
Are you Dr. Ciccarelli?

• Disc Surgery
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Spinal Reconstruction
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

University Of Florida

Florida State University

Graduated in 1993

• American Orthopedic Association/Zimmer Resident Research Award recipient
    • Caring Heart Award. Corporate Champion of the Quarter Award
    • American Medical Association Student Delegate Representative, Annual Convention
    • AOA Medical Honor Society Inductee, 1997
    • America's Top Orthopedists, 2011

Dr. Ciccarelli has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ciccarelli does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ciccarelli and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Ciccarelli's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Kansas not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Ciccarelli

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Ciccarelli's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Ciccarelli

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Ciccarelli's Care Philosophy