Dermatology  |
Dr. John Chung, MD
Dr. John Chung, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Dalton, GA. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 29 years.

1107 Memorial Dr Ste 201

• HealthPlus
  • HealthPlus Amerigroup

Learn about Dr. Chung

Dr. Chung's Experience

Dr. Chung's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Screenings
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Loma Linda University
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Scripps Clin & Rsch Fdn La Jolla
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Florida Hospital Med Center
  • University Of Fl College Of Med

Dr. Chung has no media or publications listed.

• Korean

Dr. Chung does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chung and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chung's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chung to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Chung's Performance
    GOOD
Unsanitary & unprofessional. There was no explanation as to what was happening or why it was necessary and also their attention to matters of cleanliness is disturbing (gloves were not changed after touching things in the room, the physician had sunglasses in her hair during the procedure & she entered the room already wearing her surgical gloves). The assistant in my excision was an esthetician, not a surgical assistant. The doctor started singing and playing music on his phone during the surg.
Chattanooga, TN |
No! Just no! Don't go here. You will leave with something cut off whether you need it or not. I have a horrible scar. Told I had pre-melanoma. There is no such thing as pre-melanoma.
Chattanooga, TN |
Don't waste your time! His office is disorganized and incompetent. We had unnecessary office visits because of a poor outcome that looked horrific. I have been a nurse for 20 years and worked in oculoplastic surgery for 17 and I have never seen a botched job such as this. After a return visit 4 days later, the wound was reopened; Dr Chung never disclosed the reason for the complication. The office cannot schedule the locations properly either. They will have you driving all over the place.
in Rock Spring Ga. |
Dr. Chung is the best and I have a rare skin condition. He knew what it was and how to treat it. I've seen dermatologist all my life but he is best!
in Cleveland, TN |
He cares about how we feel as a person.The first time I saw him at work,I was amazed when he came in the room where my husband,& i were waiting.Dr. Chung came into the room with a big smile on his face,& said "Praise the Lord,we got it all"I made an appointment for myself,since we both had been going to a dermatologist who had been good,until the last few years we 'd gone,so we were more than ready to find a good Christian doctor.
in Taylorsville, GA |
I recommend Dr. Chung to everyone I know that needs to see a dermatologist. MY daughter had a problem that was misdiagnosed for years and had been treated with steroids and medicines she didn't need and he cleared it up with one visit. Same with my son. I have a skin cancer problem and Im so happy to have him as my dr! And he's just the nicest guy you'll ever meet.
Cartersville, GA |
He doesn't listen to patients and he doesn't even take the time to look at the problem areas. He's a bit cold and rude. Seen him twice and it hasn't been a good experience either time. Plus, the problem still persists.
in Chattanooga, TN |
My wife and I have been seeing Dr Chung for many years. He has removed many spots from my arms and face. Those who want to see Dr Chung rather than one of his assistants, can do so by requesting Dr Chung at the time of appointment. He is the only one my wife will see. I have also been seen by Dr Chung and at other times one of his assistants. I have never received anything other than a thorough, professional exam.
in Hixson, TN |
This place is soooooo scary. Dr Chung doesn't even perform his own procedures, he has a lot of other people doing the legwork for him. He made inappropriate comments and was in and out of my room so fast, I didn't realize what was happening next. His people began sticking me with needles and started cutting pieces of my skin off. When I finally heard back from them, they wanted to do additional procedures. Now, this is the messed up part, ANOTHER PHYSICIAN had the results which Dr CHungs of
in Cleveland, TN |
Visited office in Cleveland 4 times & never saw the doctor.The condition I went for has not cleared up only eased with creams prescribed.I saw nurse practitioners or whatever they are called. Another problem I had was going to his office & paying the same amount of copay as if I was seeing the doctor.The young ladies do not have the same education as the doctor so paying the same amount hardly seems fair to a person or their insurance. Not going back to his office at any location.
Brooklet |
The only Doctor who listened to me after being to 3 dermatologists and 2 pcp. He knew immediately I was not crazy and got the ball rolling on an illness that I have been dealing with and trying to get a diagnosis for many months. Thank you dr chung!!!!
in Hixson, TN |
Worst dermatologist I have EVER had. I have been to several dermatologist due to moving states, and so forth. I read some reviews before making an appointment with him, and decided to give him a try, but by far the worst Doctor. He spent 1 minute with me if that. He came in straight to just give me some medicine for my acne without even taking a look at my face and left simply saying the nurse would explain the rest. Do not waste your time going to him.
in Calhoun |
Very disappointing. After waiting a month to see Dr. Chung... I had to see someone else in his office, because they neglected to mention that he only comes to the office once a month. I met with an inexperienced and under educated young man who clearly had no intention of hearing me. With no test whatsoever, he dismissed my condition, and wanted to shoot me full of steroids and add a few more medicines... which would only make my condition worse. You can't poison someone into good heal
in Dalton, GA |
The good: you will be seen on time. Staff are generally friendly The Bad: Assembly line operation, Billing foul ups, Can't talk to the Doctor as mostly nurse practitioners provide the services. I haven't even seen Dr. Chung on site in years. Last visit they could not pull up my records on electronic file system which made it an expensive waste. I was told a prescription would be called in but it wasn't, Had to wait over weekend to call back and get the prescription. 1 star Dr Chung-never there
Have you seen Dr. John Chung, MD?
Are you Dr. Chung?