Dr. John Cherry, DO

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

Dr. John Cherry, DO
My wife and I are parents to three wonderful boys and an English Mastiff named Bella Lucille.

Dr. Cherry's Care Philosophy

I like to care for patients as I would want another physician to treat a family member of mine. I truly cherish being a small part of your life along the way.

Dr. Cherry's Experience

See how Dr. Cherry's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cherry

Dr. Cherry accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Cherry is now accepting new patients
    John L. Cherry, D.O.700 S Telephone Rd Ste 401
    Moore, OK 73160
    (405) 793-2229Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Cherry has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cherry's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cherry to family and friends
    3.9
    Dr. Cherry's Performance
    Norman, OK |
    Dr. Cherry is a great Dr. Highly recommended!!
    in Moore, OK |
    Dr. Cherry is a competent, caring doctor who I would recommend to anyone.
    oklahoma city, ok |
    Dr.Cherry is an amazing doctor! I had a different OB with my first child and had a terrible experience. I switched to Dr.Cherry for my second (and now my third) child. He listens, he's very down to Earth, and the nurses are really sweet. I recommend him to all my friends.
    in Kansas City, MO |
    I am in my first pregnancy and getting near the end and I have had such a positive and calm and comforting pregnancy due to dr cherry and his staff , I highly recommend him I feel so comfortable around him and about delivery!! Couldn't say enough positive things!!
    Louisville, KY |
    Great doctor! I hate that we moved states. He's been the only doctor to actually listen to me and helped me with my problem. He helped give me a better quality of life and I am forever grateful for him listening to me and helping.
    in Oklahoma City, OK |
    Spends quality time with you and is so very kind. The entire staff is friendly and caring just like the dr. Have complete confidence and trust in his decisions about my health issues. You will not be disappointed from the time you enter and leave this office. Love the entire staff so much!
    Oklahoma City |
    I was referred to a fertility doctor at the age of 33 after losing a baby. He stated at my age it be better to deal with a specialist.I don't believe 33 is old. That wasn't the first time he had said something offensive. I dropped him as a doctor and never looked back. My new doctor is amazing!
    I always want to honest with my patients and give them my opinion on what methods would result in the very best of outcomes. Never would I intentionally be offensive and I'm sorry that was your perception of my care for you as a patient. I would certainly welcome you to contact me with your name and concerns so I can apologize justfully.
    23 years old is too young to make a choice that would affect the rest of my life according to dr cherry. Refused to give me a tubal even though it was my wish. Stated he would not do it because I was too young to make a decision that would affect the rest of my life, because you know more kids would not change my life in the slightest.
    Thank you for your frankness. Permanent contraception is always a difficult decision. Unfortunately I've had patients return to me, with regret that they could not have more children after their procedure. I would hope that I offered you multiple options that could preserve your fertility, yet provide long term contraception at the same time. If I did not, I would appreciate your time to contact my office with your name and phone number, so that I could make amends accordingly.
    Oklahoma City, OK |
    Unless you want babies, don't go to Dr. Cherry. He barely spent any time with me as someone experiencing menorrhagia and blamed all my problems on the fact that I was taking birth control. He ignored my symptoms, didn't do an exam, and spent less than 2 minutes in the room with me both times I saw him. He told me You should stop birth control because you're not sexually active, right when I said I was married and disagreed he said Well a baby wouldn't be that bad, right? We are only breeders
    This sounds awful! I'm not sure what to say in response, other than I am embarrassed for your experience to have been so poor. I would love to contact you personally and profusely apologize, if you would allow for me to do so. Please call my office and ask for me personally during office hours.
    in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma |
    Dr Cherry is awesome best birthing experience I've ever had and that was my fifth child.
    Have you seen Dr. John Cherry, DO?

Dr. Cherry says...

My wife and I are parents to three wonderful boys and an English Mastiff named Bella Lucille.

Dr. Cherry's Care Philosophy

I like to care for patients as I would want another physician to treat a family member of mine.  I truly cherish being a small part of your life along the way.

Dr. Cherry says...

Normal and high risk pregnancies.  Routine gynecology issues, infertility

Dr. Cherry says...

10 plus years performing vaginal deliveries, cesarean section, female pelvic surgery, including robotic hysterectomy, laparoscopy, and endometrial ablation,

Dr. Cherry's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
    •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
    •  Malpractice claims in Oklahoma not available

Dr. Cherry has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cherry's Board Certifications

• Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
    • Endometriosis
    • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
    • Gestational Diabetes
    • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
    • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
    • Hemorrhoids
    • High Risk Pregnancy
    • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
    • Mastodynia
    • Maternal Anemia
    • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Menstrual Migraine
    • Placenta Previa
    • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
    • Preeclampsia
    • Sexual Dysfunction
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Symptomatic Menopause

Saint Anthony Hospital

Completed in 2007

University Of Oklahoma

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Cherry does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cherry and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology