Dr. John Chapman, MD

Dr. John Chapman, MD

Urology  ·
Dr. John Chapman, MD is an urology specialist in Neptune, NJ and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from Georgetown University School Of Medicine in 1993 and specializes in urology.Read his story

444 Neptune Blvd Unit 3

Neptune, NJ 07753

• AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerihealth
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Geisinger Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Chapman

See how frequently Dr. Chapman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
Bladder Diseases
Erectile Dysfunction

Dr. Chapman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Chapman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Chapman "Recipient of New Jersey Top Doctors Award 3 consecutive years 2014, 2015, 2016."

This content was provided by Dr. Chapman "To provide the most technologically advanced Urological care with expertise, respect, and compassion.  My goal is to have each patient feel that my staff and I truly care about them, not only as a patient but also as a person.  Being diagnosed with an illness or cancer can be emotionally traumatic.  My desire is to treat you as capably as I am able while also easing your anxiety.  "

• Urology

• Circumcision
  • Cystectomy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Electronic Shock Wave Lithotripsy
  • Green Light Photovaporization of the Prostate (PVP)
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy
  • Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Penile Implants
  • Prostate Removal
  • Transurethral Microwave Thermography of the Prostate
  • Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumor (TURBT)
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urethral Sling
  • Urinary Incontinence Surgery
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vasectomy
  • Vasectomy Reversal

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Michigan State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • Georgetown University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Cabrini Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • New York Medical College
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

• Honorable Discharge with the rank of Major from the United States Air Force, 2003

Dr. Chapman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chapman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chapman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chapman's Reviews

3.8
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chapman to family and friends

Dr. Chapman's Performance

Dr. Chapman Says:
"

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a patient satisfaction survey.  Feedback is crucial for me to provide the best possible medical care for my patients.  If you need any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to call me or my practice manager.

"

follow up on original review. While I still like dr. Chapman, I have been forced to look elsewhere. The lack of cooperation from his office after several calls, indicates to me that they have no interest in my issue. They have repeatedly refused to notify dr. Chapman of my concerns.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
1.Dr. Chapman is good & I believe to be a good MD. 2. His office staff is AWFUL. RUDE. U tell them u sent them a fax they never get it. Even when there is confirmation that fax # is correct & you have confirmation copy. You have surgery & EXPECT to speak with MD, they tell you he is gone for day....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option2
Dr. Chapman recommends procedure "A". Research suggest I consider procedure "B". Called to discuss but rudely advised that the doctor hasn't performed procedure "B" in over two yrs and if I wanted his input I should schedule an office visit. Next call for my records was met with equally rude...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option1
I happen to be a retired medical doctor so I understand how important the patient-doctor relationship is. I told Dr. Chapman how lucky I felt to have found him! I moved 3 years ago and needed a new urologist so I randomly found him by looking on line. His reviews were good so I made an...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option6thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for your very kind review. I appreciate you taking the time to write such positive comments. I look forward to seeing you at your next appointment. :)

I had a HORRIBLE experience with Dr. Chapman's office. I searched for a urologist near me because my urologist of over 10 yrs. moved out of state. I called for an appointment and was told they needed my records. I was able to have my records faxed to them and several weeks later I received a call...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option6thumbs down icon option3

Dear Sir, I'm sorry that you were unhappy about being turned away from making an appointment. Please consider that I took the time to review your records for free. Rather than charge you for an appointment and then tell you I don't think I would be the best person to see you, I had my staff inform you of that fact up front to save you the money and time that would've been involved in coming in to my office in person only to be told you should see someone else. I tried to do the best by you.