Dr. John Chapman, MD

Dr. John Chapman, MD

Urology  |
Recipient of New Jersey Top Doctors Award 3 consecutive years 2014, 2015, 2016.

446 Jack Martin Blvd

Brick, NJ 08724

• AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerihealth
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Geisinger Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Chapman

See how frequently Dr. Chapman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
Bladder Diseases
Erectile Dysfunction

Dr. Chapman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Chapman "To provide the most technologically advanced Urological care with expertise, respect, and compassion.  My goal is to have each patient feel that my staff and I truly care about them, not only as a patient but also as a person.  Being diagnosed with an illness or cancer can be emotionally traumatic.  My desire is to treat you as capably as I am able while also easing your anxiety.  "

• Urology

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Gonorrhea Infections
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Spermatocele
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

• Circumcision
  • Cystectomy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Electronic Shock Wave Lithotripsy
  • Green Light Photovaporization of the Prostate (PVP)
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy
  • Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
  • Incontinence Sling Procedure
  • Penile Implants
  • Prostate Removal
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Transurethral Microwave Thermography of the Prostate
  • Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumor (TURBT)
  • Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urethral Sling
  • Urinary Incontinence Surgery
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vasectomy
  • Vasectomy Reversal

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Michigan State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • Georgetown University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Cabrini Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • New York Medical College
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

• Honorable Discharge with the rank of Major from the United States Air Force, 2003

Dr. Chapman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chapman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chapman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chapman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chapman to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Chapman Says:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a patient satisfaction survey.  Feedback is crucial for me to provide the best possible medical care for my patients.  If you need any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to call me or my practice manager.

Dr. Chapman's Performance
Brick, NJ |
1.Dr. Chapman is good & I believe to be a good MD. 2. His office staff is AWFUL. RUDE. U tell them u sent them a fax they never get it. Even when there is confirmation that fax # is correct & you have confirmation copy. You have surgery & EXPECT to speak with MD, they tell you he is gone for day. REALLY, No communication with patients family? You have an issue, they say they sent over script to hospital, Hospital never got script. The results come back no one gives patient results! REALLY!
Brick, NJ |
Dr. Chapman recommends procedure "A". Research suggest I consider procedure "B". Called to discuss but rudely advised that the doctor hasn't performed procedure "B" in over two yrs and if I wanted his input I should schedule an office visit. Next call for my records was met with equally rude warnings that another doctor's opinion may be useless (?), copies of records are not free, and by law, they have 30 days to provide. Waited the 30 days & found a practice that treats patients with civility.
in Jersey City, NJ |
Dr. Chapman has been my Dr for a few years now.I am a Verizon retiree. They took away my Blue Cross Blue Shield and stuck me with United Healthcare which just manages my Medicare benefits. I have spoken to his office several times but have hit a stone wall. They refuse to take me even though they have been assured by United Healthcare, that if they submit a bill , they would be paid in full. I really like Dr. Chapman and wanted to stay with him. I don't understand why lve been turned away.
in Point Pleasant Borough |
I happen to be a retired medical doctor so I understand how important the patient-doctor relationship is. I told Dr. Chapman how lucky I felt to have found him! I moved 3 years ago and needed a new urologist so I randomly found him by looking on line. His reviews were good so I made an appointment. He is caring, smart and well respected in his field. I have had some significant urologic issues and am so glad that I found him. I would definitely recommend him to anyone with a urologic problem!
Thank you for your very kind review. I appreciate you taking the time to write such positive comments. I look forward to seeing you at your next appointment. :)
in Howell, N.J. |
I had a HORRIBLE experience with Dr. Chapman's office. I searched for a urologist near me because my urologist of over 10 yrs. moved out of state. I called for an appointment and was told they needed my records. I was able to have my records faxed to them and several weeks later I received a call from a receptionists advising that their office would not be accepting me as a new patient ,there was nothing that Dr. Chapman could do for me. The Dr. should of taken the time to advise me himself.
Dear Sir, I'm sorry that you were unhappy about being turned away from making an appointment. Please consider that I took the time to review your records for free. Rather than charge you for an appointment and then tell you I don't think I would be the best person to see you, I had my staff inform you of that fact up front to save you the money and time that would've been involved in coming in to my office in person only to be told you should see someone else. I tried to do the best by you.
Toms River, NJ |
I have had three consultations with Dr. Chapman, and one biopsy procedure. He was well over an hour late for each office consultation, 2 hours late on at least one occasion., and was 3-4 hours late for the biopsy. Today called office @9:15 to confirm he would be on time for the appointment.... got answering machine saying the office was closed and office hours for today were 9 - noon. They later called me to say he was running late. First time they made this effort. I am finding new Dr
I'm sorry that you had multiple episodes of having to wait. I understand how frustrating it can be to sit and wait to see some one. Please know that I value your time. Unfortunately surgeries don't always go as well as planned. Even though I usually try to pad some extra time to allow for the unexpected, unexpected delays occur. I apologize for the inconvenience. I wish you well in your future care with your new doctor.
in Wall Township, NJ |
fantastic everyone would be so lucky to find a diamond in the rough 10 gold stars i won,t be going no were else he,s the best mr kevin tyrrell wall nj
Thanks Mr. Tyrrell. Your comments were hear warming and very much appreciated. - Dr. Chapman.
Have you seen Dr. John Chapman, MD?

Visit Dr. Chapman

Dr. Chapman accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Amerihealth
    Amerihealth HMO
    Amerihealth PPO
    Medicare Advantage - AmeriHealth 65 Preferred Medical Only HMO
    Medicare Advantage HMO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Cigna Healthcare of New Jersey
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • MagnaCare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medicare