Dr. John Carucci, MD

Dr. John Carucci, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. John Carucci, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 23 years.

1305 York Ave Fl 9

New York, NY 10021

• EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Carucci

See how frequently Dr. Carucci performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cancer
Skin Cancer
Squamous Cell Carcinoma

Dr. Carucci's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Intertrigo
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Melanoma
  • Merkel Cell Carcinoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Mohs Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Nyu Hospitals Center

Dr. Carucci has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Carucci does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carucci and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Carucci's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Carucci to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Carucci's Performance
    GOOD
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr Carucci has great bed side manners, and the nurses and his assistants were great too.
in Syosset, NY |
Dr Carucci is a very trustworthy and skilled doctor. He has amazing bed side manners and made me feel very comfortable. He performed MOHS surgery on my face in 2 places and he did an amazing job! The scars are very thin and blend in with the lines on my forehead (one of them is not noticeable at all). I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs to have MOHS surgery.
New York, NY |
Dr. Carucci should spend more time consulting with patients and offering options. I had a bcc removed - MOH's, went in 5 times. The MOH's procedure itself went fine. But, what was to follow, was never completely explained to me. He just said he was going to put me back together. I had no idea what that meant! He proceeded to cut up my cheek to create a flap to repair my nose. I was in total shock! Absolutely no anesthesia of any kind was offered - no IV sedation, no twilight, not even a valium!
New York, NY |
I am very frightened and mistrustful as far as medical procedures are concerned. Dr. Carucci was very understanding and compassionate while doing the job of Mohs Surgery to remove a small Basel Cell. The entire staff I had dealt with were quite friendly and professional; special thanks to Thomasina and Chris who helped calm me down, and even offered me coffee while I was waiting to find out if I would need more surgery that day (fortunately, they got it all out on the first round).
in New York, NY |
Dr. Carucci has been my Dermatologist, and Skin Cancer Specialist for more then twelve-years. I see him twice-yearly for preventative exams, and any necessary treatment. I'm very pleased with the care that I have always received from him, and his nursing staff. Over the years, Dr. Carucci has successfully treated me three-times for early-stage skin cancer. He is not only very knowledgeable about skin cancer, and a fine surgeon, he is also a very caring, and wonderful human being.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Carucci and his staff are outstanding. Consultation = all options fully explained. Mohs procedure to remove my skin cancer was discussed in detail. Actual procedure = exactly as outlined... attentive to my needs and done with utmost professional care. Highly recommend !
in Great Neck, NY |
Please read the scarface review first. Here's mine: I had a small bcc on my nose. He cut my nose all the way from the forehead to the tip of my nose and ended up with severely disfigured nose and can't stop crying. Word to the wise, this butcher can deface you.
in New York, NY |
i wish i would seen Scarface's review of Jan 08, 2016. As my experience is almost identical. I'm currently in the process of consulting with a plastic surgeon as to a revision surgery. Stay away is an understatement. Do yourself a favor read Scarface's review -- summary of which is the reality was a horror show. He removed a big chunk of flesh with one cut. Then plastic surgery and almost 30 stitches to close it up. Almost a year later the scar is still plainly visible.
in New York, NY |
I had a horrible experience with Dr. John Carucci. He was recommended to me as head of MOHS surgery at NYU. I went to him with an almost invisible BCC on my face. He was at first breezy and dismissive of any concerns, leading me to believe the operation was simple and minimal. The reality was a horror show. He removed a big chunk of flesh with one cut. Then plastic surgery and almost 30 stitches to close it up. Almost a year later the scar is still plainly visible. Stay away!
in New York, NY |
My wife had MOES surgery from Dr. Carucci. He had a GREAT bedside manner AND he did a great job of the surgery. What more can you ask for?
Have you seen Dr. John Carucci, MD?
Are you Dr. Carucci?