Dr. John Cannell, MD

Dr. John Cannell, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. John Cannell, MD is a psychiatry specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA and has been practicing for 27 years. He graduated from University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill in 1976 and specializes in psychiatry and forensic psychiatry.Read his story

1411 Marsh St Ste 203

San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Cannell

See how frequently Dr. Cannell performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Bipolar Disorder
Schizophrenia
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Cannell's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Cannell's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cannell "I was educated in three different universities, graduating with high honors and Phi Beta Kappa. I have 20 years of experience as a psychiatrist, and keep current with continuing medical and psychiatric education. I have published more than 30 peer-reviewed scientific papers and have written and had published two books."

This content was provided by Dr. Cannell "As a psychiatrist who has more than 20 years of clinical experience, I understand how much pain and suffering many psychiatric illnesses cause. I have taken the Hippocratic oath that includes the responsibility to relieve suffering whenever possible. I have knowledge of many prescription medications as well as non-prescription supplements that do relieve suffering."

• Psychiatry

• Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychopharmacologic Treatment

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Maryland
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1972
  • University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill
    Medical School | Graduated 1976
  • University Of Utah
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1977
  • University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Cannell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cannell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cannell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cannell's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cannell to family and friends

Dr. Cannell's Performance

Dr. Cannell Says:
"

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback on my practice of psychiatry. I am constantly looking for ways to improve my services and your feedback helps me do that. If you have any concerns call my office at 805 439-2569.

"

Dr. Cannell has inspired me. His wisdom and psychiatric expertise have opened up a world of possibilities. The combination of his emotional intelligence and his ability to diagnose and treat my life long imbalance has enhanced my existance.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Cannell is friendly, kind and concerned. He provides us with well thought out advice and verifies the effects on us. He is professional. Does he take insurance: no. But we continue with his care because he works for us and wants us healthy. Thank you Dr. Cannell.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Cannell has provided me with excellent care. I have never had to wait. He and his staff has always been courteous. The doctor is very friendly, empathetic, nice to talk with, and is great at what he does. He has treated my symptoms and improved my overall quality of life. I recommend him to...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option0