Dr. John Canales, MD

Dr. John Canales, MD

Interventional Cardiology  |
Dr. John Canales, MD is an interventional cardiology doctor who practices in Live Oak, TX. He is 40 years old and has been practicing for 14 years.

12709 Toepperwein Rd Ste 306

Live Oak, TX 78233

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Canales

See how frequently Dr. Canales performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Cardiac Imaging
Hyperlipidemia
Hypertension

Dr. Canales's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Canales "Growing up listening to his father, an insurance agent, tell the stories of his clients had a profound effect on the kind of physician Dr. John Canales would become. "I like hearing my patients' stories. I think it makes me a better interventionalist because I understand where they're coming from and how my treatments may affect their lives," says Dr. Canales."

• Interventional Cardiology
  • Cardiology
  • Nuclear Medicine

• Cardiovascular Disease
  • Interventional Cardiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Aneurysm
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Cardiovascular Disease
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Mitral Valve Regurgitation
  • Mitral Valve Stenosis
  • Pericardial Disease
  • Peripheral Artery Disease
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Pulmonary Edema
  • Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Renal Artery Stenosis (RAS)
  • Septal Defect
  • Thrombosis
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease

• Angioplasty
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Percutaneous Balloon Valvuloplasty
  • Peripheral Angiograms
  • Peripheral Angioplasty
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening (PAD)
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Stress Echocardiogram
  • Transesophageal Echocardiography (TEE)
  • Transradial Catheterization

• University of Texas Southwestern
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Texas Heart Institute / Baylor College of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Canales has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Canales does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Canales and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Canales' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Canales to family and friends
Dr. Canales' Performance
in Converse, Texas |
Dr. Canales gives Excellent care. He listens and answers every question. I feel so secure and happy in his care. He and all of his staff are very friendly and caring. Dr. Canales spends the time his patients need with every visit. I recommend him to all if my friends and neighbors. His office is a happy place.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. John Canales has attended my wife for several years now. We have come to know and respect his prognosis and professional care. When our primary care physician advised me that I needed to have a Cardiology Exam, I was more than pleased that he also recommended Dr. Canales. A dedicated physician & family man that will work for your well-being.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr John Canales and his assistant Adriana are wonderful and caring individuals. They really take their time with you. They treat you as an individual and make sure you understand all aspects of your treatment plan. Not only them but their entire office staff are extremely caring and take the time with you to address your needs. I would highly recommend him to everyone.
San Antonio, TX |
Professional, friendly and very thorough.
San Antonio, TX |
I've always been impressed with Dr. Canales, but a recent event gave me even more confidence in his care for patients. I went to the emergency room recently with a sudden heart problem, and the emergency room doctor diagnosed it as afibrulation. He asked who my cardiologist was, and I told him "Dr, Canales." The doctor said he'd call him, and I thought they'd just talk on the phone; however, within 20 minutes, Dr. Canales walked into my room to take personal charge of my case. Great Doctor!!
in Schertz, TX |
Dr Canales and his staff of professionals are outstanding!! I elected to get my heart checked because of my family history with heart issues -- I myself have never experienced any heart issues. Dr Canales referred me to all the necessary specialist who performed a stress test and echocardiogram! Results indicated a cardio cath was necessary and once performed it was discovered I had an 80% blockage in the Main Down Artery. Dr Canales inserted a stent and all is well!!!
in San Antonio, TX |
I be been to other Cardiologist and once I found Dr Canales I knew from the first meeting I could trust him. More importantly I liked his approach to helping me to get well. He explains processes throughly of what will happen. I recommend him to anyone needing a Cardiologist.
Converse, TX |
Dr. Canales was extremely friendly and showed concern for my health. He took time to explain my possible condition heart condition and future treatment.
in San Antonio, TX |
I had a regular check up with Dr. Canales last week. The staff was prompt and the doctor and chief nurse saw me right away. Dr. Canales has been my cardiologist since I was in the hospital in June 1916. His diagnosis care in the hospital is why I continued to see him. Additionally, I have recommended several people to him. Frank Parker
in Seguin, TX |
Dr. Canales, is just an amazing Dr. He is so in tuned into what is going on with his patients. He sets you straight on what needs to be done. And leads you to greater health. I would highly recommend Dr. Canales, to any one that has a heart problem. I trust him with my husbands heart and I'm a wife, that is very picky with Dr.'s. I'm very greatfull that he and his staff and other Dr.'s that he realize on, helped my husband. Thank you Dr. Canales, for all you do.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr Canales make you feel important and listen's to what you have to say. He also explains the procedures so one can understand. I've already recommended him to my friends.
in San Antonio, TX |
I have found a cardiologist who listens, takes the time to explain what is needed to be done to get you feeling better and then asks if you have any questions. The staff are courteous and return calls and if a delay occurs in seeing you they let you know right away. One day the air conditioning was really cold and when they saw me step out of the exam room into the hall they brought me a blanket .
Our practice and cardiologists aim to deliver the highest quality patient care. We love to hear about these positive experiences. Thanks for sharing this feedback with us!
in Schertz, TX |
Great MD. Explains what is going on so I understand. Great staff. Would recoment to all wbo need a ?? doctor.
in San Antonio, TX |
Very pleased with the attention and care I received from Dr Canales and his staff during my recent visits. Best experience I've ever had at a doctors office.
in Schertz, TX |
Dr. Canales provides personalized, thorough, and professional health care. He takes the time to patiently and completely answer all questions. I am completely confident in his abilities as a medical professional and I would not hesitate to recommend to my family members. He is truly caring about the health of his patients. His staff is superb and a joy to work with.
in San Antonio, TX |
must call multiple times to get thru. Offce nurses and office manager do not respond to voice mail messages left, nor do they follow thru with sending reports to other doctors. would NEVER recommend. to bad cuz Dr Canales is a good guy !!!
Have you seen Dr. John Canales, MD?

Visit Dr. Canales