Dr. John Burkhardt, MD

Dr. John Burkhardt, MD

Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology  |

Dr. John Burkhardt, MD is a clinical cardiac electrophysiology doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Burkhardt is affiliated with College Station Medical Center, Shannon Medical Center, St. David's South Austin Medical Center, St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, St. David's Medical Center, West Houston Medical Center, St. David's North Austin Medical Center and CHI St. Joseph Health Regional Hospital.

Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia

3000 N Interstate 35 Ste 700

Austin, TX 78705

• Medicare

Learn about Dr. Burkhardt

Video

See how frequently Dr. Burkhardt performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Atrial Flutter
Arrhythmias
Heart Disease

Dr. Burkhardt's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Burkhardt "I often see patients who have been told they have no other option or hope. Nothing is more rewarding than when I am able to make them feel better."

• Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology

• Autonomic Disorders
  • Bradycardia
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

• Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Electrophysiological Study
  • Heart Surgery
  • Impella Device
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement

• Cleveland Clinic Fdn
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2004
  • University Ky
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Burkhardt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Burkhardt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burkhardt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Burkhardt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Burkhardt to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Burkhardt's Performance
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Burkhardt and his nurse Curry Teckenbrock treat me like family. If I were to walk down the street they would recognize me. I am going to have a Watchman Procedure in the near future. They explained the procedure and answered all my questions. They are professional, courteous, caring and have a great sense of humor. We always laugh together.
Tupelo MS |
I met with Dr John Burkhardt last Friday. In recently found out I have afib. My home town Dr did not instill any hope or confidence. I schedule a trip to Texas Arrhythmia soon after and have annabktion scheduled in three weeks. with Dr Burkhardt
in Leander, TX |
Dr Burkhardt is outstanding, very thorough with the warmest disposition. He has the greatest staff who all care deeply for your safety and complete understanding. We are so blessed to have had Dr Burkhardt and his staff as our team. God Bless each of you always!!!!!
in Lakeway, TX |
I experienced a highly symptomatic case of a-fib at age 65. I researched ablations, their complications and effectiveness, and interviewed several friends, one of which was a patient of Dr. Burkhardt, and another of whom was a patient of .Dr. Tchou at Cleveland Clinic. Dr. B & team answered all of my questions clearly & honestly, including potential downsides. His post-op recommend'n to "fine-tune" with a 2nd procedure was spot on, Today I feel great. Dr. B is a real pro, and worth trusting!
in Austin, TX |
So glad that I discovered doctors at TCA who are experts in the electrical operation of the heart. Dr Burkhardt operated on me and greatly decreased the number and severity of premature ventricular contractions that were sapping my energy. His follow up was thorough and he devoted a lot of time to listen to me.
in Austintexas |
Excellent physician and understandly why he is widely known as one of the best arrhythmia surguons in Austin and throughout the country. Highly recommend him and his excellent professional staff for arrhythmia procedures.
in Austin, TX |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Burkhardt and the Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia located in Austin, Texas. During my consultation, Dr. Burkhardt did an excellent job of explaining my condition and answering all my questions. I was very nervous about having a procedure performed on my heart, but Dr. Burkhardt put me at ease. Several weeks later, Dr. Burhardt performed the procedure, and I am feeling much better. When dealing with your heart, you only want the best doctor you can find.
in Houston, TX |
As a physician myself, I know a great doc when I'm around one. Not only is Dr. Burkhardt technically excellent, but he knows and understands this complex area of medicine very, very well. In fact he's one of the world's leading experts. After failing two ablations here in Houston, my trip up the road to Dr. Burkhardt saved my life...no doubt about that. His office staff, Kelly Simmons and Amy Dixon are also excellent, efficient and as compassionate as the boss. Great communication as well. sdm
in Houston, TX |
Dr Burkhardt managed my chronic PVC's for several years and then performed a successful radiofrequency catheter ablation, essentially curing me of my affliction. He is a matter of fact physician who will provide excellent treatment and is a gifted ablation specialist. I am extremely glad I was referred to him by my local cardiologist.
Have you seen Dr. John Burkhardt, MD?
Are you Dr. Burkhardt?

Austin, TX 78704
West Houston Medical Center
12141 Richmond Ave
Houston, TX 77082

More Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologists like Dr. Burkhardt at Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia