Dr. John Brown, MD

Dr. John Brown, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

The CORE Institute 14520 W Granite Valley Dr Ste 210 Sun City West, AZ 85375 Get Directions

Dr. John Brown, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Sun City West, AZ. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 19 years. Dr. Brown is affiliated with Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical Center, Banner Boswell Medical Center and Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center.

Dr. Brown's Experience

See how Dr. Brown's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Brown has admitting privileges.

Dr. Brown's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brown to family and friends
Dr. Brown's Performance
in Phoenix, AZ |
I was very impressed with Dr. Brown, he is informative and easy to talk to. he explained what he was doing and why. I am happy with my recovery so far and am very pleased with my CORE experience.
in Goodyear, AZ |
The only doctor I trust with my knees and shoulders, and my kids!
Will recommend
in Wickenburg, AZ |
I have seen Dr. Brown at various times for injuries to both knees for nearly 12 years. Dr. Brown has an impressive resume that is worth noting, but above that is a clear communicator that informs patients of their options and predictable outcomes. I have had 3 arthroscopic procedures performed by Dr. Brown - all with optimal results and without complication. As a "bonus," the CORE Institute office staff are highly professional, honest, and clearly act in the interest of each patient. A++
Peoria, AZ |
I would recommend Dr. Brown to everyone ! Personable, knowledgable, excellent listening skill, thorough explanations given ( not over your head !) and he even draws you a picture of your ailing area. Dr. Brown presents you with all levels of treatment available and assists you as needed in making an informed decision concerning your care.
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr. John Brown is the best of the best...incredibly knowledgeable, professional, thorough, with a great bedside manner. Not to mention he's a gifted surgeon. As a very active person (trail running, tennis, mountain biking) I was ecstatic he fixed my knee (meniscus, loose cartilage bodies, arthroscopic procedure). He has my highest recommendation. Incredible staff at every level!
Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr Brown is amazing. His bedside manner is top shelf and I believe he cares about people. I was so disappointed I was not able to have him for my doctor as he only does knee reconstruction and I needed a knee replacement. He's a great guy and doctor
in Surprise, AZ |
Vary pleasant, attentive discussion.
Mesa, AZ |
Dr Brown is personable, extremely easy to talk to and he did a great job of repairing my broken humerus. I would recommend him always! What great doctor!
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr. Brown is always at ease and comfortable about his choice of being an Orthopedic Doctor. Would recommend him to anyone....
Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Brown was very professional and friendly. He took time to get to know me. He explained everything to me so the best decision could be made. I didn't feel as though he was rushing me out the door so he could see the next patient.
Dr. Brown is one of the most caring doctors with whom I have had experience with in the last 40 years. He spends the necessary time with you and makes sure you understand what options you have available. I would incur travel expense in order to see Dr. Brown....that's how much I trust him.
in Glendale, AZ |
I have been very pleased with all of the healthcare providers I have seen at the Core Institute. Recently I was seen by Dr. John Brown for a shoulder problem. I appreciated his thoroughness and the treatment options he offered. I highly recommend Dr. John Brown to all who are having shoulder issues.
in Peoria, AZ |
I highly recommend Dr. Brown and his team for all your orthopedic needs. He does an excellent job of explaining the process and has a terrific team behind him. My surgery and recovery went much better than expected. Everyone at the Core Institute was very caring and concerned for my well being. I've had several surgeries and this was by far the best.
in Sun City West |
Dr. Brown is a caring an competent surgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Brown and his staff. In fact, my wife, mother-in-law, friends and fellow athletes have used and continue to use their services. And they too were please with Dr. Brown, PA Kyle Brooks and Holly.
Show Low, AZ |
Dr. Brown was very good at explaining what was wrong, how he was going to fix it and had very good follow up. He answered all our questions both pre and post operative. He also took extra time during surgery to ensure our daughter was well taken care of.
in Peoria, AZ |
I had a total shoulder replacement performed by Dr. Brown. I am exactly 5 months post-op with 100% mobility an NO PAIN! I could not be more pleased with the results! I highly recommend Dr. Brown for this surgery.
in Surprise, AZ |
I have been a patient of Dr Brown for a number of years. He is always very caring and helpful. His reputation from all my friends and neighbors is the same. I have recommended Dr Brown to any and all people that ask.I trust his advise and his ability to explain all of his decisions. His office is well staffed,always pleasant and courteous.
in PEORIA |
I have 3 doctors at the Core Institute. All are very caring and professional. Dr Brown and his staff have always been available if an emergency appointment is needed. He always takes his time explaining all options for my treatment. I would highly recommend him.
in Glendale, AZ |
Dr. Brown was referred to me by a neighbor. Best doctor in the world and he genuinely cares about his patients. He listens to what you have to say, answers all your questions and takes his time making sure you are totally satisfied. I had rotator cuff surgery and I truly believe my speedy recovery was due to Dr. Brown's precision with my surgery.
in Cornville, AZ |
Friendly and caring makes you feel at ease. I would never go anywhere else!!! Oh, one more thing, Dr Brown is a very very good surgeon.
in Springfield, IL |
I had a total shoulder replacement and Dr. Brown, his PA, and the physical therapists have all been outstanding! I'm only three weeks out from the surgery and I have had very little pain. I couldn't be happier with the outcome so far! I wouldn't hesitate to highly recommend Dr. Brown!!
in Goodyear, AZ |
Dr. Brown and his staff were spot-on diagnosing my shoulder issue. My surgery was done at Banner Del Webb, an excellent facility. My pain was so well managed, I had no post surgery pain, nor did I have pain at home, even after the prescribed painkillers were exhausted. I have recommended Dr Brown to several friends who have had surgeries done by Dr Brown and they are also fully satisfied.
in Wickenburg, AZ |
I broke my hip on a Saturday and was transferred to Del Web from Wickenburg Hospital where Dr. Brown happened to be on duty and he had to wait until Sunday to do the surgery for an operating room. It has been 5 months and I am very grateful for being able to have Dr. Brown as I am mending very well. I am off the walker and cane and doing just fine. I would definitely recommend him.
in Santa Maria, CA |
This is the second time I have had an orthopedic issue and required Dr. Brown's expertise. I have a recurrent rotator cuff tear and wanted a second opinion as to its management. Since my first surgery with Dr. Brown and CORE we have moved to the Central Coast of Calif. I so appreciated Dr. Brown's care for my first surgery 5 years ago that we arranged to travel 580 miles to see him for a second opinion this time. I would highly recommend him to friends, family and strangers!
in Surprise, AZ |
Top notch in his field and has an excellent bedside manner. He cares about his patients and not just about making money. Going to see him and having surgery was the best decision I could have made. I am very pleased with Dr. Brown and will be having surgery on my other shoulder later this year.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Brown and P.A. Kyle were excellent. After examining me and reviewing my MRI, Dr. Brown gave me the facts and let me decide on my treatment. I wanted to avoid surgery, so I went with the steroid shot and exercise for my shoulder. However, after a setback unrelated to the treatment, I was in pain and reluctantly asked for the surgery. I was scheduled as quickly as possible. Follow up after surgery was also good. They really listen and respond to your concerns.
Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Brown is my #1 go-to guy for shoulder pain.
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr Brown is a caring, compassionate and extremely skilled Orthopedic surgeon. He's gone above and beyond in putting my shoulder back to work. Second surgery , cutting edge technology. I can never thank him enough. Now I can do what I love and live again. Highly recommend...........
in Sun City, AZ |
Dr. Brown is very professional and friendly. He made me feel at ease prior to my surgery and and also confident following the operation. I not only would recommend him as a physician, but I return to his care if I am ever in need.
in Goodyear AZ |
His professionalism, credentials and bedside manner are second to none. He makes you feel so relaxed and at ease. I recommend him very highly. Five stars are not enough.
in Sun City West, AZ |
Very professional had excellent recommendations that worked well.
Dr. Brown was very knowledgeable and patient. Two years after an ineffective knee surgery from another doctor, I went for a second opinion from Dr. Brown. My original knee pain is gone and I look forward to enjoying sports and an active lifestyle again.
in Surprise, AZ |
Dr. Brown is very personable and knowledgeable in his field. He did not rush me at all, drew diagrams to help me to better understand my problems, and clearly stated my options. I would most definitely recommend him to my friends and family.
Dr. Brown was excellent! He was very professional and did an awesome job on my elbow surgery.
in Sun City West, AZ |
have just had 2 office visits. surgery is upcoming.
in Goodyear, AZ |
Scheduling an appointment to see Dr. Brown is a challenge. Long wait time before getting an appointment. However, once you get to see him, you are more than satisfied with his care. Dr. Brown is a very good listener, professional, is frank but with understandable explanation(s), and genuinely concerned about your condition(s) and a conservative approach to remedying whatever issues you present to him. I have absolute confidence in Dr. Brown!
in Wickenburg, AZ |
Good communication which made for a good outcome.
, AZ |
I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Brown.He is a true professional and very thorough.He has been my surgeon for both a shoulder and a knee surgery.He takes the time to explain the procedures and what you can expect post surgery.I felt very confident with both he and his team.
in Surprise, AZ |
He helped me with severe pain in my left shoulder. He made certain to get an MRI on it to make a comprehensive diagnosis.
in Phoenix, Arizona |
He read my therapist notes about my shoulder and knew exactly how to help me. We decided surgery was the best option after previous therapy wasn't enough. His bed side manner is great. He treats you with kindness and respect, and he listens to what you have to say.
in Peoria, AZ |
I normally don't leave reviews, but our experience with Dr. Brown both before, during and after surgery cannot be described as anything other than exceptional. We really haven't ever had a doctor who was extremely skilled, has a great bedside manner, and is abile to clearly explain problems and procedures in laymans terms. My husband keeps calling him his new best friend. Haha! Thank you, Dr. Brown!
Have you seen Dr. John Brown, MD?
Are you Dr. Brown?

Compare Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Brown has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Brown's Board Certifications

• Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Marfan Syndrome
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Trigger Finger

Howard University College Of Medicine

Graduated in 1998

Dr. Brown does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• ACL Surgery
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement