Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. John Bottros, MD
Growing up in a family of physicians has instilled within me that a career in medicine is a way of life, not just a job. The path to a medical career became even more focused through my interest in the biomechanics of the human body and in particular, joint function and movement. That intrigue led me to pursue advanced orthopedic training as part of my surgical residency at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation after obtaining my medical degree at the State University of New York Upstate Medical University. Before establishing my own practice, I elected to pursue a fellowship in adult reconstructive orthopedic surgery at Rush Medical Center. A fellowship is the highest level of training an orthopedic surgeon can obtain, offering the opportunity to spend an additional year honing surgical skills and technique in a specific sub-specialty of orthopedics under the guidance of some of the country's top surgeons in the field. As a Board certified surgeon with the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, my practice at OrthoIllinois specializes in adult reconstructive surgery of the knee and hip, with a special interest in complex primary and revision total joint replacement, rapid recovery and perioperative pain management after joint replacement.

5875 E Riverside Blvd

• HFN
  • The Alliance

Learn about Dr. Bottros

Dr. Bottros' Experience

Dr. Bottros' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011
  • Rush University Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Bottros has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bottros does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bottros and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bottros' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bottros to family and friends
Dr. Bottros' Performance
Dr. Bottros is Awesome!
Very good care!
I couldn't be more pleased with Dr. Bottros!
Belvidere, IL |
Dr Bottros replaced both of my knees, one in Sept 2016 & the other July 2017. I am finally getting to see what a normal pain free life is like after many years of not being able to enjoy my hobbies, family outings and life in general without pain! Dr. Bottros is not only an absolutely fantastic surgeon, but he has an amazing bedside manner & will be completely honest with you regarding every part of your journey with him. Thank you Dr Bottros for giving me my life back!
Dr. Bottros is very friendly and very personable.
Dr. Bottros is truly concerned for his patients. He is very thorough and caring.
Dr. Bottros knows what he is doing!
Dr. Bottros is very thorough and caring.
Dr. Bottros is a very attentive doctor. He has a great bedside manner and answers all of your questions. He treats you like family!
in Rockford, IL |
Great surgeon. I am glad I had him as my sergeon.
Excellent care!
in Rockford, IL |
He is very thorough and efficient. Highly recommended
in Rockford, IL |
Tim and Dr. Bottros are great!! They can never move or retire. Highly recommend them!
in Rockford, IL |
His whole process went so smoothly. Highly recommend him
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Bottros and his PA Tim are great. The best doctor around. Highly recommended
in Rockford, IL |
Highly recommend him for his work
in Rockford, IL |
He truly was great to work with. I had minimal pain through the process. He explained everything to me and it went exactly how he said. I would recommend Dr. Bottros, Tim Gilbertson, and his staff at Orthoillinois to anyone
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Bottros was truly great to work with. Him and his staff are all very professional and addressed my every need. I will refer anyone to him as I did my own father.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Bottros and his staff did a great job. He explained everything to me and was very willing to answer any questions. I have had minimal pain post operatively as well. Highly recommended
in Loves Park, IL |
Dr. Bottros explained the procedure thoroughly to me. I am having little to no pain during post-op. Him and his staff are friendly and willing to answer any questions
in Loves Park, IL |
Dr Bottros is great. He informed me of the procedure and followed up as well. In my opinion he is the best Doctor in the state of Illinois
in Loves Park, IL |
He informed me of the whole process and was great. Would recommend him to anyone
in Loves Park, IL |
Surgery went great. I have had very minimal pain since surgery.
in Loves Park, IL |
Very professional, his kind of a nonsense guy. He does have the patients best interest in mind.
He did a great job however he talks really fast.
I thought Dr. Bottros was very professional and engaging.
I would give him ten stars if I could!
in Loves Park, IL |
The whole process went great. I have minimal to no pain and would highly recommend Dr Bottros and his staff to anyone
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Bottros has changed my life for the better. From pre-op to post op my experience was five star. Dr. Bottros is thorough, compassionate, intelligent and explains everything in detail. During every office visit I never felt rushed. My time with Dr. Boutros and Amanda Pumilia always gave me the impression that my time was valuable and they had no other place to be but with me. They are both phenomenal and a contributing factor to the success of Ortho Illinois. I chose the best.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Bottros helped get my life back to normal. I went from using a cane and walker to now walking with no assistive devices. The surgery went very well and I have had minimal pain post-operatively.
Rockford, IL |
I am a physician with osteoarthritis. I went to Dr. Bottros after hearing him give a presentation about new knee surgery techniques. I underwent a total knee arthroplasty in 2015. The surgery went very well. I was discharged the following day. The pain was very tolerable. Physical therapy began shortly after the surgery and I was back to work in five weeks. Dr. Bottros is a very gifted and kind surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone who wants to get rid of pain and on with their life.
in Machesney Park, IL |
Dr Bottros did a great job. I have no pain from the surgery and would recommend him to anyone. He truly changed my life and gave me the ability to do normal activities again
in rockford, il |
He has rebuilt both my knees and I have had no problems with either one. I was walking,slowly, without assistance within a week.
in Rockford, IL |
Great bedside manner, he did exactly what he said he would do.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Bottros did a great job.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Botros was very professional and cordial. Liked his presence , demeanor and professional attention. Did a great job on my knee and I love it. Will definitely use him again if I need. Highly recommend him for your needs.
in Rockford, IL |
The whole time he was always positive. My problems were always taken care of
in Kirkland |
Dr. Bottros is not only a great surgeon he also makes you feel like you are important to him.
Rockford, IL |
Outstanding services and care!
Rockford, IL |
Dr Bottros takes his time to make sure he has answered all your questions. He's very patient & knowledgable. An excellent surgeon.
Rockford, IL |
He is one of the best no doubt
Rockford, IL |
I am very pleased with my out patient total hip replacement surgery done by Dr Bottros and his team. Very professional, answered all my questions, very thorough. Thank you so much for giving me back my mobility. I am pain free and ready to take on life again!
Roscoe, IL |
Very easy to communicate with and clearly takes concerns of the patient to heart. I would highly recommend Dr Bottros to family and friends.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Bottros has been great to work with for my knee replacement. He takes whatever time is needed to make sure all of your questions/concerns are being addressed. He even provides you with a cell phone number so you can call him anytime with questions/concerns. His skill as a surgeon is top level, and his reputation among other medical professionals I spoke with is excellent.
in Rockford, IL |
I was referred to Dr. Bottros as I've had three hip revisions. He did not perform the surgeries but I have been extremely impressed with the the time he takes to explain why I need to be careful. I'm relieved to have a surgeon in Rockford who is familiar with revisions.
in Rochelle, IL |
I have had maximum success with my new left hip. After only 6 months people are constantly surprised and then impressed by how well I am moving. Friendly, personable, intelligent, efficient, communicative, and professional are words that describe Dr. Bottros. I made a great choice in choosing Dr. Bottros for my total hip replacement and my wife and I highly recommend Dr. J. Bottros and his staff. A+++
in Rockford, IL |
I was impressed with his knowlege and how thoroughly he explained things. One tning I really appreciated that he didn't try to talk me into surgery, even though I really needed it. I'm so thankful my doctor recommmended him, and I will continue to recommend him to my family and friends!!!
in Poplar Grove, Illinois |
Dr. Bottros was awesome, he explained things to me, took the time to answer all my questions, great bedside manner, follow up care was excellent! I was up walking that same day! Surgery took 1 hour and 20 minutes! I would recommend Dr Bottros to anyone who needs knee or hip surgery. Had my surgery on December 1st, 2015, I was walking 1 mile about 1 month after surgery, it's now May 14th, 2016....5 months later, I'm walking 5 miles a day!
in Cherry Valley, IL |
wonderful Dr. explains things very well very courteous surgery went well and recovery time was less than expected Highly recommend
in Roscoe, IL |
Dr Bottros cares about the patient he is treating. Is honest and upfront about diagnosis but never pressures into doing a procedure. Is very personable and talks with you about your issue. My internist and rhuemy speak highly of him as do hospital staff. Dr Gilbertson is great too. I've recommended him to numerous people who have gone to him with nothing but great comments after seeing him. He did 2 knee replacements and 2 hip replacements on me. I feel better than I could ever imagine. Thanks
Have you seen Dr. John Bottros, MD?
Are you Dr. Bottros?