Dr. John Bosworth, MD

Dr. Bosworth
Telehealth services available

Surgery Center Of Rockville

2 Choke Cherry Rd Ste 125 Rockville, MD 20850

Dr. John Bosworth, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Rockville, MD. Dr. Bosworth has more experience with Sleep-disordered Breathing, Upper Respiratory Conditions, and Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center and Suburban Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bosworth to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in your area

See similar Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in Rockville

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Bosworth accepts

Dr. Bosworth accepts the following insurance:

Select
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO
EmblemHealth
Emblem Health
Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
Group Health Cooperative
Guardian
Wells Fargo Insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Sleep-disordered Breathing

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep-disordered Breathing specialists.

Typically treats 90% more than similar doctors

Sleep Apnea

Dr. Bosworth treats Sleep Apnea more than 90% of their peers

Dr. Bosworth treats this condition more than 90% of their peers

Upper Respiratory Conditions

Upper respiratory specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as infections, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, and whooping cough (pertussis) that affect the upper part of the respiratory system, including the nasal passages, larynx, and lungs.Compare with other Upper Respiratory Conditions specialists.

Typically treats 73% more than similar doctors

Allergic Rhinitis

Dr. Bosworth treats Allergic Rhinitis more than 90% of their peers

Dr. Bosworth treats this condition more than 90% of their peers

Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery

Ear, nose and throat care surgeons treat conditions affecting those areas through procedures such as tonsilectomy, adenoidectomy, myringotomy (ear tubes), and sinus surgery.Compare with other Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery specialists.

Typically treats 63% more than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 10 conditions and procedures

Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy

Dr. Bosworth performs Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy more than 91% of their peers

Dr. Bosworth performs this procedure more than 91% of their peers

Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
high

Dr. Bosworth performs Intranasal or Sinus Procedure more than 82% of their peers

Dr. Bosworth performs this procedure more than 82% of their peers

Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates

Dr. Bosworth performs Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates more than 78% of their peers

Dr. Bosworth performs this procedure more than 78% of their peers

• Acute Laryngitis
  • Acute Sinusitis
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Deviated Septum
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Cancer
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperacusis
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Laryngitis
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Leukoplakia
  • Maxillary and Malar Fractures
  • Motion Sickness
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Pharyngitis
  • Uvulectomy

Dr. Bosworth's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bosworth

Dr. Bosworth?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (43)
  • Office environment (43)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (43)
  • Long wait times (31)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
The lesson I learned is that before your visit, try your best to get a price estimate first. I went in as a new patient, arrived on time but had to wait for almost an hour before being seen. The doctor spent barely more than 15 minutes with me while also checking a different patient in another room, he suggested some checkup that sounds pretty expensive to me which I declined. Later, I received a bill of over $260 that I need to pay with the new patient fee over $125 for little work on their end (I am on a high deductible $3000 plan). They never apologized for my almost an hour wait, I guess my time is worth nothing to them. I encourage all reviewers to share the price you end up paying to help other patients to find out which clinic is more cost-effective. Would any of us buy clothes or food without knowing prices beforehand? Only doctors and insurance companies set up a lot of hurdles preventing us from knowing their prices to put us at disadvantage.
Need_Price_Transparency – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth and his team are the utmost professionals. The whole process of fixing my deviated septum was flawless. Any questions I had were always easily answered, the process and timeline was laid out prior with clear instructions, and the actual surgery and recovery was as smooth as possible. Great group and I would highly recommend.
Chris Catoggio – Oct 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Great clinician, personable, great care!
Jeff S – Sep 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr Bosworth is an extremely amiable person with an excellent bedside manner. I am very satisfied with the procedure he performed on me. I very highly recommend!
Jorgy Gorog in N. Potomac, MD – Jun 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth is professional, has a wonderful bedside manner and overall an amazing ENT. I was referred to him for a 2nd opinion and was 100% pleased from the minute we started talking about my condition. I recommend Dr. Bosworth to all of my friends now.
Apr 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth was the best! I can’t express enough how grateful I am that we chose his practice. I need some way so i feel like he has really saved my son’s life. We went to him for a second opinion and discovered my son had very enlarged adenoids. He then didn’t the procedure and no one cannot believe how big of a difference it has made ! He was also very professional and so great with kids . I feel incredibly thankful that we found such an excellent doctor.
Feb 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth was very personable and explained everything very well taking a great deal of time with me. He was also very thorough with his diagnosis and preparing me eventually for surgery. Prior to surgery, he and his satff worked with me setting eveything up and explained all the in and outs of what to expect prior to, during, and after my surgery. Dr. Nosworth and his staff were great and I highly recommend him.
Mark V in Rockville, MD – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth removed my preschooler's adenoids. He is a caring person and incredible doctor. All the people working in the office were super helpful and organized. I know this kind of procedure is routine, but Dr. Bosworth and his staff gave us all their attention. We felt very well taken care of.
Kate in Silver Spring, MD – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth did my 8 yr olds surgery. He removed his tonsils and adenoids. He suffered many years with snoring and apnea but after his surgery he doesn't wake up at night anymore. He's a happy camper! Definitely would recommend him to my family and friends. His bedside manner is great. My son said Dr. Bosworth is very cool and his favorite doc. As a parent its always nerve wracking whenever you hear your child needs surgery but he put our fears to rest and overall it was a great experience.
ambvazquez – Jan 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr Bosworth is a very kind and caring Dr. He asks pertinent questions to solve your issues and he’s a very good listener. He relates very well to his patients. Scheduling was very easy. The medical assistants are wonderful. The office is is very new and very immaculate. I had a mid morning appt so I had to wait a little longer than usual but Dr Bosworth still gave me the appropriate amount of time. So no problem in waiting. I highly recommend him!!
Janice in Rockville, MD – Nov 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth is an amazing ENT. I went to him for chronic sinusitis, and he was extremely thorough in his explanation of what was going on and how to surgically fix it. Post - op care was amazing as well. He was thorough, and very caring to ensure a full recovery. I have never felt rushed or dismissed. Each visit, he took the time to sit and chat with me about any questions or concerns I had. Wait sometimes was longer post-op, but worth it to me.
Silver Spring, MD – Sep 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth removed my son's adenoids and the entire process was very smooth. The staff was easy to communicate with, very responsive and caring. The surgery center is extremely organized and wait time was minimal.
Gaithersburg, MD – Jul 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr Bosworth did my son's adenoidectomy and he did an excellent job. He recovered so quickly and the procedure went so smoothly. Him and his staff made sure we understood the procedure and was comfortable before consenting to the surgery. He is the best!! Will definitely recommend him!!
Mariam in Rockville MD – May 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Bosworth’s for many years. He has treated me for vertigo, hearing loss, LPR, and sinus issues. This past October he performed sinus surgery that included correcting a deviated septum, opening up my lower sinuses, and cleaning up displaced turbinates. The surgery was performed under general anesthesia in an ambulatory surgical center. It was probably one of the best things I’ve ever done. The post-operative period was virtually painless there was no packing.
Frank Masci in Silver Spring, MD – Mar 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
My experience with Dr. Boswell and his staff could not have been better. Their interest in my care was excellent. I would certainly recommend him to my friends and family.
William P. Turner in Gaithersburg, Md. – Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth did ear tubes/adenoids surgery on my son, and sinus surgery on me. In both instances we were very impressed with his communication skills and surgery skills. He makes sure his follow-up visits are thorough. The medical assistants in his office are very kind people, too.
MH in Silver Spring – Jan 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
"Dr. Bosworth is always so calming" says my 11 year old, a patient of Dr. Bosworth's, "He's been my favorite [doctor] ever since I met him and he made me feel better about having my first ever surgery." My son liked Dr. Bosworth from our very first visit which I found heartwarming. His bedside manners are incredible and he is especially good with kids - not cold and mechanical, just a warm loving human. If my son ever becomes a doctor, it is because of Dr. Bosworth.
C in Bethesda – Jan 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth was absolutely amazing. He called me with updates, kept me in the loop and took as much time as was needed to answer any questions or concerns I had. The day of surgery he talked with me before and after and made me feel a lot better, as like most I was a bit nervous. The whole staff at the surgery center and Dr. Bosworths office were great too! Just a good all around guy.
Paul Cuzzolino in Maryland – Jan 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Though I was not a patient of Dr Bosworth, he came highly recommended, and took care of a serious and sudden emergency both at its most urgent and through its follow-up in a rare combination equal expertise, kindness and grace.
Dec 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth and staff are friendly, welcoming and professional.. I was able to schedule all appointments with ease. For years I had issues with breathing through my nose and Dr. Bosworth took the time to examine my nose and review all options. I ultimately got a septoplasty and turbinite reduction (nasal surgery) and it was life changing! Dr. Bosworth has helped improve the quality of my life 100%. Surgery was well explained, short, nearly painless, and recovery was short. Highly recommend!
Potomac, MD – Nov 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bosworth?

My mission as an otolaryngologist (ENT) is to provide thorough and thoughtful treatment of conditions involving the ear, nose and throat of both adults and children in a kind and compassionate manner. I'm always learning and teaching. That's somethin...Read more

• Ear, Nose, and Throat