Dr. John Bosworth, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 60

Dr. John Bosworth, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Rockville, MD. Dr. Bosworth has more experience with Sleep Apnea than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center and Suburban Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bosworth to book an appointment.

Dr. Bosworth

Siegel, Bosworth and Sorensen Division (CADENT)

15204 Omega Dr Ste 310 Rockville, MD 20850
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Frequently Treated by Dr. Bosworth

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Bosworth treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Bosworth treats other conditions, please contact the office at (240) 361-9000.

Sleep Apnea

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep Apnea specialists.

Dr. Bosworth is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

• Acute Sinusitis
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anosmia
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Audiometry
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Cancer
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Hearing Screening
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Home Sleep Study
  • Leukoplakia
  • Malignant Otitis Externa
  • Middle Ear Implant Candidacy Evaluation
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Oral Cancer Screening
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Uvulectomy
  • Wheezing

Dr. Bosworth accepts

Dr. Bosworth accepts the following insurance:

Select
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
EmblemHealth
Emblem Health
Group Health Cooperative (GHC)
Group Health Cooperative
Guardian
Wells Fargo Insurance

Dr. Bosworth's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bosworth

Dr. Bosworth

The best doctor and surgeon you can ask for. Took the time and walk me through the surgery before and after and addressed any issue I had. A great followup and results. I can very highly recommend.
Nir – Jan 05, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Nose surgery on 6.11.21 went bad, now I have a more hard time sleeping. Stay away from Dr. Bosworth. After my nose surgery, I am much worse than before. The worst thing is he dismisses my complaints act like it's normal. No, it's not, it has been like 4 months after surgery and I can't breathe from one of my noses. Maybe he rushed my surgery, he does not take responsibility for his failure. It seems this doctor sees patients as money. Go visit 3 other specialists.
  • Long wait times
Nuri E – Nov 16, 2021
I feel badly that you were frustrated about the...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Fantastic doctor, caring and great bedside manner and sense of humor. Highly recommended.
Oct 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
I first met Dr. Bosworth when I started having to take my Father to his Dr. appointments as he aged. I was very impressed with his patience, bedside manner and the respect with which he spoke to my Father compared to some of the other Doctors my Father saw for other ailments. Over the years I have recommended him to many people including my neighbor whose young son broke his nose and needed surgery and a friend whose daughter needed her tonsils removed. Everyone I have recommended him to has come back to me and said how good he was for their needs and said they would be recommending him as well. Recently I woke up and suddenly couldn't hear out of one of my ears. The front desk staff was very helpful and kind and made an appointment for me quickly. The audiologist who did the hearing test was very thorough and nice and Dr. Bosworth easily diagnosed me with a virus and reassured me that with the right medications my hearing would come back to full strength quickly - and it did.
Ann M. – Sep 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Went in for septoplasty and turbinoplasty because of my deviated septum. Surgery went excellent, took my first real breath in years! His experience in the field really shows. He's incredibly steady-handed; I never felt unreasonable pain or discomfort (I mean when working on the nose, there's bound to be some discomfort, but he took EXTRA care to really make the process painless). His office staff are very genuine, pleasant, and approachable, which is always a plus, especially for patients who anticipate going to see him 2-3 times, if not more. I can't find something to gripe about, the doc is great!
Sep 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth was very knowledgeable and helpful. He immediately diagnosed my ear problem and prescribed the correct medication. I felt very confident with his diagnosis.
V Pfaff – Jul 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth has changed my life! I've been breathing through my mouth most of my life and finally decided to get it checked out my Dr. Bosworth. When we finally decided on surgery he took his time to describe the process from start to finish and keep me at ease. After a successful surgery and 2 weeks I've finally started breathing through my nose and getting large, full breathes of air! Dr. Bosworth is a fantastic doctor and great man.. I highly recommend him.
C Bell – Mar 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Bosworth and his staff. I recently had a septoplasty and turbinoplasty performed by Dr. Bosworth. The whole experience was great! Dr. Bosworth and his staff along with the surgical center were extremely polite and helpful. This is the first doctor and staff I have ever encountered that explained everything in detail so that I fully understood every step of the way. They didn't rush me nor did they waste my time.
Steve Harris – Feb 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth is an incredibly talented physician. He is also a really nice person. My whole family and I have been seeing Dr. Bosworth for many years. If you are looking for an ENT you have found the best in the business period.
Jason S – Oct 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
The lesson I learned is that before your visit, try your best to get a price estimate first. I went in as a new patient, arrived on time but had to wait for almost an hour before being seen. The doctor spent barely more than 15 minutes with me while also checking a different patient in another room, he suggested some checkup that sounds pretty expensive to me which I declined. Later, I received a bill of over $260 that I need to pay with the new patient fee over $125 for little work on their end (I am on a high deductible $3000 plan). They never apologized for my almost an hour wait, I guess my time is worth nothing to them. I encourage all reviewers to share the price you end up paying to help other patients to find out which clinic is more cost-effective. Would any of us buy clothes or food without knowing prices beforehand? Only doctors and insurance companies set up a lot of hurdles preventing us from knowing their prices to put us at disadvantage.
Need_Price_Transparency – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth and his team are the utmost professionals. The whole process of fixing my deviated septum was flawless. Any questions I had were always easily answered, the process and timeline was laid out prior with clear instructions, and the actual surgery and recovery was as smooth as possible. Great group and I would highly recommend.
Chris Catoggio – Oct 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Great clinician, personable, great care!
Jeff S – Sep 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr Bosworth is an extremely amiable person with an excellent bedside manner. I am very satisfied with the procedure he performed on me. I very highly recommend!
Jorgy Gorog in N. Potomac, MD – Jun 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth is professional, has a wonderful bedside manner and overall an amazing ENT. I was referred to him for a 2nd opinion and was 100% pleased from the minute we started talking about my condition. I recommend Dr. Bosworth to all of my friends now.
Apr 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth was the best! I can’t express enough how grateful I am that we chose his practice. I need some way so i feel like he has really saved my son’s life. We went to him for a second opinion and discovered my son had very enlarged adenoids. He then didn’t the procedure and no one cannot believe how big of a difference it has made ! He was also very professional and so great with kids . I feel incredibly thankful that we found such an excellent doctor.
Feb 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth was very personable and explained everything very well taking a great deal of time with me. He was also very thorough with his diagnosis and preparing me eventually for surgery. Prior to surgery, he and his satff worked with me setting eveything up and explained all the in and outs of what to expect prior to, during, and after my surgery. Dr. Nosworth and his staff were great and I highly recommend him.
Mark V in Rockville, MD – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth removed my preschooler's adenoids. He is a caring person and incredible doctor. All the people working in the office were super helpful and organized. I know this kind of procedure is routine, but Dr. Bosworth and his staff gave us all their attention. We felt very well taken care of.
Kate in Silver Spring, MD – Jan 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth did my 8 yr olds surgery. He removed his tonsils and adenoids. He suffered many years with snoring and apnea but after his surgery he doesn't wake up at night anymore. He's a happy camper! Definitely would recommend him to my family and friends. His bedside manner is great. My son said Dr. Bosworth is very cool and his favorite doc. As a parent its always nerve wracking whenever you hear your child needs surgery but he put our fears to rest and overall it was a great experience.
ambvazquez – Jan 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr Bosworth is a very kind and caring Dr. He asks pertinent questions to solve your issues and he’s a very good listener. He relates very well to his patients. Scheduling was very easy. The medical assistants are wonderful. The office is is very new and very immaculate. I had a mid morning appt so I had to wait a little longer than usual but Dr Bosworth still gave me the appropriate amount of time. So no problem in waiting. I highly recommend him!!
Janice in Rockville, MD – Nov 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?
Dr. Bosworth is an amazing ENT. I went to him for chronic sinusitis, and he was extremely thorough in his explanation of what was going on and how to surgically fix it. Post - op care was amazing as well. He was thorough, and very caring to ensure a full recovery. I have never felt rushed or dismissed. Each visit, he took the time to sit and chat with me about any questions or concerns I had. Wait sometimes was longer post-op, but worth it to me.
  • Long wait times
Silver Spring, MD – Sep 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bosworth, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bosworth?
Provider explaining information to patient