Dr. John M. Bosworth Jr., MD

Dr. John M. Bosworth Jr., MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male | 55 years old

My mission as an otolaryngologist (ENT) is to provide thorough and thoughtful treatment of conditions involving the ear, nose and throat of both adults and children in a kind and compassionate manner. I'm always learning and teaching. That's something I really enjoy about being an ENT doctor. It's exciting to read about new discoveries and techniques in our field, discuss these advances with my patients, and see the difference that state-of-the art medicine makes for them.Read more

Dr. Bosworth Jr.'s Experience

See how Dr. Bosworth Jr.'s experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bosworth Jr.

Dr. Bosworth Jr. accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Bosworth Jr. has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Bosworth Jr.'s Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bosworth Jr. to family and friends
4.4
Experience with Dr. Bosworth Jr.
Dr. Bosworth Jr.'s Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (21)
in Brandywine, MD |
I was hesitant to utilize this practice because it's not a sole pediatric office but I have to say I was very pleased with Dr. Bosworth, his staff at the office as well as the staff at the surgery center. They were extremely kind and thoughtful with my 5 year old daughter. The experience at the Surgery Center was not scary and overwhelming for the family and especially our child. Dr. Bosworth was very thorough with his pre-op directive and post-op care and expectations.
Frederick, MD |
Dr. Bosworth listens to his patients, is a excellent surgeon.
in Woodbine, MD |
The staff and Dr. Bosworth are friendly, welcoming and professional. I was able to make an appointment the week I called. The office runs like a well oiled machine. The web portal has all of the necessary paperwork to be ready for the 1st visit--so more time can be spent on the reason you are there. They e-mail you any time there is an update to your file, and a reminder for your appointment The wait time has always been short-- usually less than 15 min.
in Gaithersburg, MD |
Pros: Thorough pre-op prep process. Before surgery, what to expect is thoroughly explained. Surgery results were spectacular. Superior post-op care and follow up. great staff: Wendi is really good at what she does and kudos to Antoinette, Russell, Amber. Dr. Bosworth has a great personality and is a consummate professional. Takes time with patient. Cons: Lisa at Surgery Center was a bit disrespectful during take in on surgery day - Dr. Bosworth made it up to me though.
in Mount Airy, Md |
Dealing with Dr. Bosworth was a great experience from beginning to end. He explained everything that would happen, put our fears to rest the day of surgery, and followed up with a personal call that evening to make sure our daughter was doing fine. The Surgery Center of Rockville was also great. The staff was friendly, caring and competent. They even thought of the little comfort items like coffee, WiFi and free parking, which all help to make a very stressful day much less so. Wonderful!
in Germantown, MD |
Dr. Bosworth combines an uncommon combination of friendliness, congeniality, professionalism, and clinical excellence.
Silver Spring, MD |
Between my two kids, we have been through 3 surgeries with Dr. Bosworth for ear tubes. Each time, the experience has been outstanding.
in Potomac, Maryland |
Dr. Bosworth takes the time to fully explain the situation. He is gentle and kind. I felt I was in excellent hands at all times.
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Bosworth took the time to explain my health problem in a very thorough manner. I appreciated his attention to detail. His office staff was friendly and well organized. I recommend Dr. Bosworth to friends and family without hesitation.
in Gaithersburg, MD |
He rushed both my young sons exams for possible T&A. He told me to buy a steroid nose spray and sent me a huge bill. I went for a second opinion and one of my sons needed bot tonsils and adenoids removed while another needed adenoids removed. X-rays showed they caused obstruction. Please go the Feldman ent group or anyone else. Dr Bosworth is not qualified to see children
in Silver Spring, MD |
Throughout our experience Dr Bosworth was condescending and dismissive. The final straw for us finding a new ENT was when my daughter had a blocked ear tube and he prescribed a rarely used eye drop to treat it. After 3 pharmacies couldn't fill it, I called the office to see if I could get a different drug. The office never called me back, letting my daughter go 5 days without her medicine. They only offered to change the script after I cancelled her follow-up visit and left the practice.
Have you seen Dr. John M. Bosworth Jr., MD?
Are you Dr. Bosworth Jr.?

Compare Dr. Bosworth Jr.

Dr. Bosworth Jr.'s Care Philosophy

Dr. Bosworth Jr.'s experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  •  Board certified in Otolaryngology

Dr. Bosworth Jr. has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bosworth Jr.'s Board Certifications

• Otolaryngology

• Acute Sinusitis
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Deviated Septum
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Laryngopharyngeal Reflux

Graduated in 1983

• Other Education
    Us Navy Flight Surg Sch

Completed in 1989

Dr. Bosworth Jr. does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bosworth Jr. and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Rhinology

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery