Dr. John Bosso, MD

Dr. John Bosso, MD

Allergy & Immunology | Male | 57 years old

26 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

My mission is to provide outstanding allergy, asthma and immunology specialty care in a friendly and caring environment. I have a special interest in Aspirin Exacerbated Respiratory Disease (AERD) and have more than 25 years experience performing Aspirin Desensitization and treating these difficult patients. I am the Medical Director of the University of Pennsylvania's AERD Center, the first multi-disciplinary AERD Center in the world. I have recently joined Penn to combine my experience with AERD with the world- famous surgical skills of our sinus surgeons and the extensive AERD research opportunities available here at Penn Medicine.Read more

Dr. Bosso's Experience

See how Dr. Bosso's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bosso

Dr. Bosso accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Bosso has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bosso's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bosso to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Bosso's Performance
in New Jersey |
Dr. John diagnosed my Asthma and Allergies with a series of non invasive tests. He educated me on my condition and provided both short and long term options for treatment. Feeling better every day!!
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Bosso helped place my Asthma under control for which I am grateful.
in New Jersey |
Dr. Bosso actually listens and cares and is methodical in his approach to treatment. Our whole family is blessed to be under his care!
in New York, NY |
Explained everything to me. Diagnosed my problem quickly and saved me many other doctor visits. A phenomenal doctor and good human being!! Would recommend highly!!
in Pomona, NY |
I was looking to change my doctor after 24 years. Front office was dreadful and wanted personal information (which is no longer required by insurance carriers) without which I couldn't see the doctor. I discussed this before making the appt. and was told it was voluntary. Obviously they made a decision when I arrived. They also asked for my credit card to keep on file. I must have looked like a thief although not a problem for my other several specialists I have been seeing for decades.
Dear Pomona Twin Mom: Thank you for providing your feedback. I do understand your frustration. Please note that as of 7/1/16, I am no longer affiliated with Allergy & Asthma Consultants of Rockland and Bergen. I am not sure why you had such a negative intake experience, however, I do know that at the time of your review, there were many inexperienced front desk staff and many personnel changes. Unfortunately, physicians often don't find out about such customer service catastrophes early enough!
Have you seen Dr. John Bosso, MD?

Dr. Bosso's Care Philosophy

Dr. Bosso says...

I have over 25 years experience with treating Aspirin Exacerbated Respiratory Disease ( AERD, aka Samter's triad) .

I am the most experienced allergist in the Eastern US for treating AERD and was one of the first fellows to learn Aspirin Desensitization at Scripps Clinic, where the procedure was first conceived and perfected. I have successfully desensitized and medically managed over 1000 AERD patients in my career.

I recently joined the finest sinus surgeons and researchers in the country at Penn in order to bring outstanding multidisciplinary care to AERD patients. Treating AERD requires coordinated teamwork between the sinus surgeon and the allergist who have special expertise in the surgical and medical management of this difficult to manage condition. Our new Penn Multidisciplinary AERD Center combines that special surgical and medical expertise into one coordinated clinical and research team approach.The net result is a synergy that cannot be replicated by fragmented care.

Dr. Bosso says...

Aspirin Desensitization. I was one of the first physicians trained in this procedure at Scripps Clinic. I have medically managed over 1000 AERD patients in my career.

Dr. Bosso's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Allergy & Immunology
  •  Board certified in Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Bosso has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bosso's Board Certifications

• Animal Allergies
  • Aspirin-Induced Asthma
  • Asthma
  • Asthma-Related Cough
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Bronchitis

Staten Island University Hospital

Completed in 1988

Scripps Clin & Rsrch Found

Completed in 1990

Dr. Bosso does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bosso and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Allergy & Immunology