Dr. John Bissell, MD

Dr. John Bissell, MD

Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation  ·

Dr. John Bissell, MD is a physical medicine & rehabilitation specialist in Colorado Springs, CO. He specializes in physical medicine & rehabilitation, pain medicine, and more.

Apex Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation

3910 S Carefree Cir Ste F

Colorado Springs, CO 80917

• Kaiser Permanente

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Bissell's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Bissell treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Migraine

Dr. Bissell treats Migraine more than 92% of his peers

Dr. Bissell treats this condition more than 92% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Basilar Migraine

• Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

2.2

Dr. Bissell?
Dr. Bissell's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Bissell, MD
I came in for an initial visit. I have a complicated medical history with over 20 different diagnoses; one of them a rare neurological disorder. I told Dr. Bissell I wanted to find a Dr to help me with managing my pain and ability to function WITHOUT MEDS because I hated taking them but don't know how else to manage my pain. At the end of the appt, he told me that I was drug-seeking and couldn't help me. I was speechless! Were we having the same conversation? I wouldn't take my dying dog to him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
I had been seeing Dr Bissell for well over 2 years now. I'm retired military, so I had dealt with military doctors and VA doctors as well. I have well over 11 diagnosis and 5 of them are what causing my pain issues, having dealt with the VA and military doctors are the worse until I was referred to Dr Bissell by a good friend. Once I start seeing him, I had been feeling much better than the past 4 years. Those who gave him bad reviews are just Dr shopping and he can smell that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
I’m not understanding how anyone could give him or his staff a good review at all, he has anger issues and shouldn’t be in practice. When I went in for a procedure, I was scared and I tried to make jokes, lighten the mood a bit, it must have upset him because dr bissell deliberately rammed the needle into my back, so hard, the lower half of my body jerked. The staff is just as uncaring and unprofessional. I wouldn’t recommend him to my WORST ENEMY!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
Prepare yourself when you meet Bissell at your appt. In his mind, the appt is between his laptop and himself. You and your words are invisible. After several visits and witnessing his temper, my husband wouldn't allow me to go without him. Several local doctors that I've been a patient of for years strongly recommend I report Bissell to the appropriate organizations. I am currently working on this. I would rather live in chronic pain than step foot back in this office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
Dr. Bissell does only what he wants to do. He doesn't listen nor attends to the needs of his patients. It is actually frightening how he treats patients. His outdated method/delivery of treatment along with his bedside manners teeters on the edge of malpractice. His staff's behavior is totally unprofessional as they openly violate patients confidentiality. I am afraid of him but only see him because of my insurance. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Bissell and Apex Physical Medicine & Rehab to an enemy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
Not only is this the worse doctor I've ever seen, he's the worse human being I've ever encounter!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
I do NOT recommend you go to this dr. He is rude, terrible communicator, and does not even listen when you are talking to him. Not worth your time or money. I have seen him for yrs and regret doing so. Thank God I came to my senses.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
I had been in a few diferent pain managment clinics and doctors and diferent states in this country.by far Dr. John bissell is the most professional, caring, nice, understanding, honest Doctor i had meet.along with the rest of the stuff , in this clinic : nurses, recepsionist, the billing office , just everybody ? kammi taylor ,one of the nurse practicioners there is an amazing person and nurse .i am and always will be very thankful with all of u guys..THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
I am only going to this "doctor " because I have Medicaid and not many doctors accept that. I am looking for a different doctor. I always wait more than an hour for my appointment and the doctor is in the office for 5-10 minutes. He has no bedside manner and talks down to me every time I am there. The people at the reception desk are rude and don't return phone calls. The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing in that office. I would never recommend him!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
Worst experience ever! Dr Bissell will not listen to you I tried telling him that I can't take a medication because it changed my disposition for the worse. He said I was stupid!!!! Gave me an RX for the same medication again!!! He talks over you and down to you . Front desk is a joke! Receptionist sits there and gossips about her co workers in such a nasty way, she never returns your calls then lies about phone not working!! She can't schedule an appointment to save her life .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
excellent doctors,nice ,kind ,compassionate and very professional. i will recommended 100% this pain management office. if ur a patient who needs help .they willhappily help u. u have got to be a responsable ,honest and play by the rules kind of person. god bless this guys.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
Dr Bissell is very professional and has a great bedside manner. I feel that those who are leaving negative feedback are only seeking Medicine without any real medical need.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
Very judge mental.. tried to compare me to Whitney Houston and her daughter.. been a patient for almost 2 years.. im very happy with Kamera the np. But he doesn't have people skills at all.. Staff is all friendly. Will be changing providers..will miss the staff and NP.. Would have changed provides long ago but I never see mr bissell but about twice and that's enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
The only reason that I can see that he has negative reviews is because only unhappy people leave them. He was kind, attentive, and very empathetic. I am a complicated case, so he did not promise miracles. However, he said he would try, which is all anyone can expect. I was very satisfied and apparently a lot of others are too as he does not lack for patients!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
Dr.Bissell tells you that he care about the you as his patient... Completely different from his action. He cares only about himself!!! He didn't remember anything I told him about myself. About my past medical history. He saw me as a high risk, before he meet me. He didn't have any thoughts of keeping me from the minute I stepped into his office. He is a contradiction of what I thought medical professionals/ pain management centers are in practice in first place!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
He is cold and no bed side manner. Does not really listen when you are talking. They do a drug test on every visit, which I don't have a reason to worry but I don't like my insurance always getting stuck paying this huge cost. Your wait time is forever. I am always there at least an hour before I see the dr or nurse. Office staff don't have a clue. Receptionist does not speak good english. Can't get an appointment other than your 30 day routine appt. No one ever returns your call.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
Got a referral to him and went to see him after waiting approximately 45 mins to see him he finally came in and asked what he could do for me, after reviewing my records he proceeded to critisize my old doctor and to tell me that all he had done was wrong or bad for me ( and really bad mouthing him very unprofessional ! I decided to give him another try and went to a follow up and told him that the meds he had given me didn't agree with my stomach, he gave me the same thing again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
His bed side manner is terrible... Not to mention his tact..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
don't know his butt from his elbow, , said? wrote no signs of atrophy..lot I had atrophy since 1994, poor bedside manner, has personality like a wet mop. don't go to him, he likes to call chunky people obese, claims you are looking for meds( not) on none, don't want any, just be careful. sorry for this rating but just being honest. staff just as bad.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?
I'm a new patient. Dr Bissell was very thorough. Very attentive. Very knowledgable. He listened to me. One of the best experiences I've had with a doctor. We have a plan now to help relieve my pain issues. I'm confident he will do the job.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Bissell, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bissell?

Insurance accepted

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Kaiser Permanente

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Bissell treats patients.