Dermatology  |
Dr. John Binhlam, MD
John Q. Binhlam, M.D. is the founder and director of Advanced Skin and Laser Center and Reflections Skin Spa and has been in practice since 1996. Originally pursuing a career in engineering, he obtained a B.S. in both Computer Science and Mathematics at Vanderbilt University. He decided to change career paths when he realized he had a deep interest in the human body and medical care. Dr. Binhlam obtained his M.D. license from the University of Louisville School of Medicine and completed Internal Medicine training at Indiana University from 1990 to 1993. During this time, he realized he had a true passion for skin disorders and decided to commit his training to the practice of Dermatology. He obtained his Dermatology training at Vanderbilt University, where he honed his skills in general dermatology and surgery. Dr. Binhlam continually keeps abreast of the latest trends and techniques in skin care and rejuvenation. His areas of expertise and interest in dermatology are wide-ranging, and include general dermatology, skin cancer, contact allergic rashes, laser surgery, cosmetic dermatology, and liposuction.

1649 Westgate Cir Ste 100

• Guardian
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • POMCO Group

Learn about Dr. Binhlam

Delivering the best dermatologic care to our patients in a friendly and compassionate atmosphere.

Dr. Binhlam's Experience

Dr. Binhlam's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Jock Itch
  • Keloid Scar
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lice
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Mohs Surgery

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Vanderbilt University
  • Indiana University School Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Vanderbilt University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Binhlam has no media or publications listed.

• Vietnamese

Dr. Binhlam does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Binhlam and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Binhlam's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Binhlam to family and friends
2.0
Dr. Binhlam's Performance
in Franklin, TN |
I've been a patient of Dr. Binhlam for over 15 years, and so has my family. There is not a better dermatologist. He is incredibly intelligent, skilled, competent,professional and meticulous. His entire office personnel are phenomenal. I am a registered nurse, so my background allows me the confidence to offer so much praise.
in Lebanon, TN |
I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Binhlam. I suffered for a couple years with horrible atopic dermatitis. After my regular dermatologist tried all he knew to do, he referred me to an unreachable rude Vanderbilt doctor that put me on high-dose antibiotics and steroid creams as well as performed several biopsies on my face. A friend referred me to Dr. Binhlam because she could tell I was at the end of my rope. He was kind and patient, attentive, and most of all he HELPED me!
If you want a dermatologist who happens to also be a sociopathic narcissist (who you can expect drain your bank account, not make you better and to blame you for everything), then Dr. John Bihnlam is your man. So, so many bad stories, but my best advice is to STAY AWAY from Dr. Binhlam and his band of apathetic employees.
in Brentwood, TN |
Dr Binhlam told me that no diet change would ever make a difference with my cystic acne. He insisted accutane was my only option. As a nurse I knew of the side effects and decided to take my chances with diet. I saw immediate improvement with eliminating dairy and years later I am still acne free after suffering for over a decade. Acne sufferers there are alternatives to accutuane despite what this man tells you!!
in Brentwood, Tn |
Dr Binhlam left me high and dry after talking with me about removing a bump on my head. He discussed this with me and told me that he would get back with me and schedule the surgery. I did not receive a phone call or no response at all. This was very very un professional for any doctor. I would not take my dog to this Doctor much less recommend him. To top it off, I did get a $45 bill that he turned in to a collection agency instead of sending it to me. I did pay it.
Nashville, TN |
I drove all the way out to Brentwood to be diagnosed and treated for the milia on my face but apparently dr. Binhlam didn't want to make the effort to treat he spent a total of 10minutes with me after i waited 45 minutes to see him told me that I have milia and said that we couldn't do treatment that day because we'd have to wait for the numbing cream to take effect my whole trip was a waste of time and effort on my part I found his front-office staff very friendly that's the only positive.
Have you seen Dr. John Binhlam, MD?
Are you Dr. Binhlam?