Dr. John Beck, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery ·  Male · Age 38

Dr. Beck

Dr. John Beck, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery specialist in Kirkland, WA. He graduated from University Of Washington and specializes in orthopedic hand surgery and orthopedic surgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Beck accepts

Dr. Beck accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Providence Health Plans
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Beck's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Beck's Top Procedures and Conditions

Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)

Dr. Beck treats Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers) more than 88% of his peers

Hand Fracture

Dr. Beck treats Hand Fracture more than 88% of his peers

Dr. Beck treats this condition more than 88% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Bennett's Fracture

• Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Ligament Reconstruction
  • Wrist Replacement

Dr. Beck's philosophy of patient care is one that was cultivated during his residency and fellowship training. He believes in a shared effort with patients, families and other health care providers to create the best treatment course and maximize results for each patient.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

University Of California, Irvine
Geisinger Medical Center
University Of Washington
Notre Dame

• Volar plate fixation failure for volar shearing distal radius fractures with small lunate facet fragments, 2014
  • Results of Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release Relative to Surgeon's Experience with the Agee Technique, Jan 2011
  • Clinical outcomes of endoscopic carpal tunnel release in patients 65 and over, August 2013
  • Volar plate fixation failure for volar shearing distal radius fractures with small lunate facet fragments, April 2014
  • Predicting the Outcome of Revision Carpal Tunnel Release, Feb 2012
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome: MRI evaluation of flexor retinaculum division 1 year after endoscopic carpal tunnel release, Feb 2013

Dr. Beck's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Beck

9.67741935483871%

Dr. Beck?
Dr. Beck's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Beck, MD
Misdiagnosed condition. Refused to schedule early follow up when symptoms aggravated during his suggested PT. Attributed the worsening of symptoms to psychological pain and suggested to further continue with the same treatment even though he wasn't very sure of the cause. Costed $$$ with worsening of symptoms. Also on requesting the receptionist for scheduling early follow up due to increased pain, she was rude to the extent of shouting. This just happened once but was very surprising!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Dr. Beck and his staff did an outstanding job repairing an injury to a tendon in my hand. My experience was exemplary and I could not be more pleased. I would highly recommend Dr. Beck to individuals looking for orthopedic surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Great experience with Dr Beck and his team - Carefully explained what had happened, what needed to be done and gave me a couple of options explaining the pros and cons of each. It's reassuring to have some who spends the time explaining what needs to be done and sets realistic expectations in terms of recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr Beck. He was very professional and did a great job explaining the details of my injury (broken finger) in a way I could understand and answered all my questions very thoroughly. The surgery to repair my finger went well. I then saw Rodd Kiliany for physical therapy who was excellent. Rodd and Dr. Beck are a great team! Both are very competent and are personable and made going to their office as pleasant as it could be under the circumstances.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Dr. Beck has performed surgery on both my hands. He is personable, knowledgeable and an excellent surgeon. I had the trapezium bone removal procedure performed on my right hand due to very painful arthritis. I was so happy with the surgery results that I had the left hand done two years later. I highly recommend Dr. Beck.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Beck by several people who either had had surgery by Dr. Beck, were in the medical field or worked at the surgery center. I received great advice on my options by Dr. Beck. My surgery was very successful and I had great range of motion within weeks after my surgery. Dr. Beck, his nurse Ann, and hand/wrist therapists, Kristen and Kathy were awesome, very professional and I highly recommend Dr. Beck and the staff at Proliance Hand, Wrist & Elbow.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Dr. John Beck and the entire team at PHWE exceeded my expectations. Each contact, from first call to final appointment was impressive. I found everyone to be professional, warm, competent, genuine, kind, personable, helpful, friendly and comforting. Whether to make an appointment, get imaging done, keep me occupied during surgery, caring for me after, each place in the building I went the staff was brilliant. I followed directions and all went smoothly. I highly recommend this talented group.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
I decided to finally seek treatment for the carpal tunnel syndrome issues I've lived with for over 10 years. Dr. Beck performed the surgery on each wrist with 5 weeks of recovery between the right and left hands. After each surgery the tingling and pain were instantly improved and within 2 weeks of each operation I was able to return to work as a marketing copywriter/editor and musician. I unreservedly recommend Dr. John Beck, and all of the professionals at Proliance Hand, Wrist & Elbow.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
I received excellent care from Dr. Back for my tennis elbow which was causing me considerable pain. I am now pain free back to my normal life. I am so grateful to him for his care. I would recommend this physician to friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
I recommend Dr. John Beck and his team at Proliance Hand Wrist and Elbow Physicians/Bellevue, without reservation. After my GP diagnosed Dupuytren's in my left hand, Dr. Beck advised me to wait to see how the disease might progress. Two years later he recommended surgery. His surgery was amazing, his stitches beautiful, and it was virtually painless. Hand therapist, Kristin Rosen, was also outstanding, and in two months has returned my hand to full pre-Dupuytren's function. Fantastic!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Dr. Beck is kind and competent. He did an excellent job removing an enchondroma from my finger. He was able to save the tendon and the finger has healed beautifully.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Excellent physician. I have treated with Dr. Beck for several separate issues and so has my wife. We received top notch care and are both back to enjoying the things we love.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
My family doctor referred me to Dr. Beck to treat my wrist pain. I thought it was just a pain I had to live with until I saw Dr. Beck. He really listened to me and was able to quickly diagnose the problem. He helped me decide on the best course of treatment to fit my life. Truly personalized care! My wrist is now pain free and I am back to doing everything I used to do. So grateful to Dr. Beck.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Very happy with the surgery John Beck performed on my right wrist. I would strongly recommend John Beck for anyone getting hand, wrist, or elbow surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Exam was somewhat superficial and I didn't agree with a major portion of diagnosis. My suspicions of an inaccurate diagnosis and cursory exam was confirmed upon getting a second opinion. Also, scheduling was a hassle because, despite having a doctor referral, I wasn't allowed to make an appointment until the Dr. had received and read my therapists notes.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Beck?

Proliance Hand, Wrist and Elbow Physicians

• Mon: closed
    • Tue: closed
    • Wed: closed
    • Thu: 12:00pm - 4:30pm
    • Fri: closed
    • Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Beck treats patients.

Compare Providers