Dr. John Beck, MD

Orthopedic Hand SurgeryMaleAge 40

Dr. Beck

Proliance Hand, Wrist and Elbow Physicians

1810 116th Ave Ne Ste D4 Bellevue, WA 98004

Dr. John Beck, MD is a Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in Bellevue, WA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as EvergreenHealth Medical Center - Kirkland and Overlake Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Beck to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Beck with our nearby Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists at UW Medicine.

Make an appointment at UW Medicine today at (206) 829-4223.

These providers are on the medical staff of UW Medicine.

Dr. Beck's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Beck

Dr. Beck?
Middle finger tendon injury Great Manner, no waiting, finger repaired 100% Perfect experience
neil doyle – May 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
I had tore a tendon on my left thumb. Dr Beck moved a tendon from my index finger over to my thumb. I was well informed of the entire process (surgery, physical therapy and recovery time). The surgery went as planned, relatively no pain after the surgery. The physical therapist (Kristen Rosen) detailed out the recovery process and was a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend Dr Beck and Kristen.
Alan O'Dannel – Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Thankfully my insurance doesn't need a referral to see an Orthopedic specialist and after searching a few websites to read reviews I was set on Pro-Hand with Dr. John Beck. I can honestly say that like most people I probably waited too long to go in (like 40 years) as I had been experiencing pain in my elbow since I broke it when I was 7 years old. I always said something was off/wrong and after many years it was to the point that two of my fingers were going numb and the pain was constant. After an x-ray revealed a bone spur the surgery was scheduled. Dr. Beck explained the surgery in detail and what to expect going into my 10 week recovery after the surgery in terms that could be understood and it was extremely helpful in easing my mind going into surgery. Dr. Beck's staff was easy to work with in setting up my FMLA for work, as I thought it would be a tedious task to get everything lined up for the surgery. The staff at the surgery center was very friendly and helpful and fro
Belynda L. – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Dr. Beck was very helpful and thorough explaining exactly what was going on with my fractured elbow. Though surgery was not required, I was in a critical training period for a cycling endurance event, and needed a clear idea of what to expect. Dr. Beck would explain all the different aspects of the injury, and describe what stages the injury was in during my appointments. The in house PT and radiology was fantastic, my recovery went extremely well, everyone explained to me exactly what I needed to do. Highly professional, highly recommended.
Bellevue – Sep 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
I initially saw Dr. Beck for Arthritis of the Base of the Thumb and Carpel Tunnel Syndrome in my left hand. He repaired both in the same surgery. A few weeks into my recovery, I fell and fractured my wrist and ruptured the tendon in the thumb of my right hand. The tendon injury required surgery, and Dr. Beck also fixed the carpel tunnel in that hand while he was at it. I now have two working hands and no pain, for which I am extremely grateful. Dr. Beck is a skilled surgeon and he is also warm and personable. His staff gets high praise from me as well.
Jeanne Andrews in Snohomish, WA – Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Dr. Beck repaired cut ligaments to my fingers after I had a misadventure with a saw. The ER doctors thought I would lose my fingers, but Dr. Beck said he would do everything he could to save them, and he did. Today I have all my fingers and they work. No better compliment than that. Thanks Doc!
R.L. – Aug 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Dr. Beck treated my fractured hand and I cannot be more pleased with his care. He has an excellent bedside manner - was caring, treated me with respect and answered all of my questions. After surgery he referred me to hand therapy which was right on site at his office. Thanks to him and his wonderful team I am back to my routine and feel like new. I highly recommend him.
Lauren – Aug 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Dr. John Beck has been an incredible Doctor/Surgeon! He's super nice & extremely knowledgeable, I kinda wish he could be my Doctor for everything By the time I made an Appointment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome my symptoms were quite severe and debilitating, surgery was my only option. Not only did he assure me in great detail about the outcome of Carpal Tunnel surgery but he took the time to figure out the best way to cut through the tattoo on my wrist! SURGERY DAY - Priop took about 30 minutes (changing, IV start, Dr.beck discussing surgery & anesthesiologists discussing the medication) BTW.... there anesthesiologists has a great cocktail for anti nausea, so make sure to ask about it! They walked me into the OR room, they even let me watch the surgical Tech do her setup since thats my area of study, the husband said it took about 20 minutes till he was told i was out of surgery, woke up feeling super dopey but no severe pain, tingling, numbness or nausea. Which was great!
M.Clifton – Jun 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Misdiagnosed condition. Refused to schedule early follow up when symptoms aggravated during his suggested PT. Attributed the worsening of symptoms to psychological pain and suggested to further continue with the same treatment even though he wasn't very sure of the cause. Costed $$$ with worsening of symptoms. Also on requesting the receptionist for scheduling early follow up due to increased pain, she was rude to the extent of shouting. This just happened once but was very surprising!
May 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Dr. Beck and his staff did an outstanding job repairing an injury to a tendon in my hand. My experience was exemplary and I could not be more pleased. I would highly recommend Dr. Beck to individuals looking for orthopedic surgery.
May 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Great experience with Dr Beck and his team - Carefully explained what had happened, what needed to be done and gave me a couple of options explaining the pros and cons of each. It's reassuring to have some who spends the time explaining what needs to be done and sets realistic expectations in terms of recovery.
John Westworth in SAMMAMISH, WA – Nov 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr Beck. He was very professional and did a great job explaining the details of my injury (broken finger) in a way I could understand and answered all my questions very thoroughly. The surgery to repair my finger went well. I then saw Rodd Kiliany for physical therapy who was excellent. Rodd and Dr. Beck are a great team! Both are very competent and are personable and made going to their office as pleasant as it could be under the circumstances.
David G in Redmond, WA – Aug 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Dr. Beck has performed surgery on both my hands. He is personable, knowledgeable and an excellent surgeon. I had the trapezium bone removal procedure performed on my right hand due to very painful arthritis. I was so happy with the surgery results that I had the left hand done two years later. I highly recommend Dr. Beck.
Claire in Kirkkland, WA – Jul 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Beck by several people who either had had surgery by Dr. Beck, were in the medical field or worked at the surgery center. I received great advice on my options by Dr. Beck. My surgery was very successful and I had great range of motion within weeks after my surgery. Dr. Beck, his nurse Ann, and hand/wrist therapists, Kristen and Kathy were awesome, very professional and I highly recommend Dr. Beck and the staff at Proliance Hand, Wrist & Elbow.
Jun 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Dr. John Beck and the entire team at PHWE exceeded my expectations. Each contact, from first call to final appointment was impressive. I found everyone to be professional, warm, competent, genuine, kind, personable, helpful, friendly and comforting. Whether to make an appointment, get imaging done, keep me occupied during surgery, caring for me after, each place in the building I went the staff was brilliant. I followed directions and all went smoothly. I highly recommend this talented group.
Terese George in Everett – Feb 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
I decided to finally seek treatment for the carpal tunnel syndrome issues I've lived with for over 10 years. Dr. Beck performed the surgery on each wrist with 5 weeks of recovery between the right and left hands. After each surgery the tingling and pain were instantly improved and within 2 weeks of each operation I was able to return to work as a marketing copywriter/editor and musician. I unreservedly recommend Dr. John Beck, and all of the professionals at Proliance Hand, Wrist & Elbow.
Harry Fred Cockfield in Bothell, WA – Dec 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
I recommend Dr. John Beck and his team at Proliance Hand Wrist and Elbow Physicians/Bellevue, without reservation. After my GP diagnosed Dupuytren's in my left hand, Dr. Beck advised me to wait to see how the disease might progress. Two years later he recommended surgery. His surgery was amazing, his stitches beautiful, and it was virtually painless. Hand therapist, Kristin Rosen, was also outstanding, and in two months has returned my hand to full pre-Dupuytren's function. Fantastic!
Keith Macdonald in Redmond, WA – Aug 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Dr. Beck is kind and competent. He did an excellent job removing an enchondroma from my finger. He was able to save the tendon and the finger has healed beautifully.
Kathy Slattengren in Bothell, WA – May 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Excellent physician. I have treated with Dr. Beck for several separate issues and so has my wife. We received top notch care and are both back to enjoying the things we love.
William in Bellevue, WA – Dec 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?
Very happy with the surgery John Beck performed on my right wrist. I would strongly recommend John Beck for anyone getting hand, wrist, or elbow surgery.
Daniel in Mercer Island, WA – Nov 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Beck, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Beck?

Dr. Beck's philosophy of patient care is one that was cultivated during his residency and fellowship training. He believes in a shared effort with patients,...Read more

Dr. Beck received his undergraduate education from the University of Notre Dame and his medical degree from University of Washington School of Medicine...Read more

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Hand Surgery

University Of California, Irvine
Geisinger Medical Center
University Of Washington
Notre Dame

• Clinical outcomes of endoscopic carpal tunnel release in patients 65 and over, August 2013
  • Volar plate fixation failure for volar shearing distal radius fractures with small lunate facet fragments, 2014
  • Carpal tunnel syndrome: MRI evaluation of flexor retinaculum division 1 year after endoscopic carpal tunnel release, Feb 2013
  • Predicting the Outcome of Revision Carpal Tunnel Release, Feb 2012
  • Volar plate fixation failure for volar shearing distal radius fractures with small lunate facet fragments, April 2014
  • Results of Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release Relative to Surgeon's Experience with the Agee Technique, Jan 2011