Dr. John Baker, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Rothman Institute Orthopaedics 2500 English Creek Ave Ste 1300 Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234 Get Directions
Dr. John Baker, MD
Dr. Baker is a board certified Orthopaedic Surgeon who has practiced orthopaedic medicine for over thirty years. He has directed and chaired numerous boards, including Chairman of the Atlantic City Medical Center Board. In addition, he was the Founder and Chairman of the 1st Annual Sports Medicine Symposium in the South Jersey community. Dr. Baker was one of the first orthopaedic surgeons to perform total joint replacement and revision surgery in South Jersey. His practice now focuses on non-surgical orthopaedic care, specializing in the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries.

Dr. Baker's Experience

See how Dr. Baker's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Baker

Dr. Baker accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Baker is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Baker has admitting privileges.

Dr. Baker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baker to family and friends
Dr. Baker's Performance
in Hammonton, NJ |
It was a pleasure meeting with Dr. Baker today. Both my husband and myself found him to be very easy to talk with and extremely professional.
in Northfield, NJ |
Very professional and explains in easy to understand terms.
in barnegat, nj |
Dr. Baker was very thorough, attentive, knowledgeable and professional. He expedited my care for my knee injury and I was able to get an MRI within the same week of my initial visit with him. He also explained with MRI results in great deal and set me up to meet the surgeon within the week who will be doing my surgery. The Rothman Institute has been a great experience considering what I am going through which makes the process a bit more tolerable. I highly recommend Dr. Baker and his services.
in Ocean City NJ |
I have been taking my Mom to Dr. John for the past couple years. We think he's great, always hits the mark with the shots to her knees. Dr. John has a warm smile and a gentle manner.
in Ocean View, NJ |
Have seen Dr. Baker twice now for injuries. He is not only an excellent physician, but he has a great personality also, and puts you right at ease.
in cape may, nj |
I went to Dr. Baker today -- because Dr. Ong was not available --Dr. Baker was a breath of fresh air to me he was very professional in his presentation and gave me the facts as they are---- he explained the pros and cons of having a knee replacement at this time --I choose the shots in the knee they have lasted for 10 months in the past and hopefully will do the same this time. ---He said that in the future that you may need a knee replacement that Rothman is the best and Dr. Ong is at the top .
in Northfield, NJ |
Dr. Baker was a pleasure to meet. He was both professional and friendly. He diagnosed my problem and explained my treatment. I am confident I will have positive outcome.
Absecon, NJ |
Dr Baker was wonderful! He was able give me a diagnosis after assessing my knee. He sent me for an MRI and then explained all my options in language that I could easily understand!
in mays landing, nj |
He was very thorough. He explained the condition of my knee. Both physical appearance and the X-rays. Then after that he gave me the three options and their outcome of what I could expect for each option. It was strictly up to me to make the decision depending on my pain or limitations. The climate of the visit was relaxing. I did not have any anxiety. The treatment was perform with complete confidence and no pain. He was congenial and made a apprehensive situation pleasant.
in Absecon, NJ |
I adore Dr. Baker ! He is sympathetic, empathetic and just generally nice. He actually listened to me and appeared interested in what I had to say. Sadly, I have not always had that experience with doctors. I have faith in what he tells me and I trust his opinion. What more can I ask for ? Mary Wootten Steger
in egg harbor township, nj |
Dr. Baker was wonderful. He explained what was going on with my joint pain. How I could best help myself get better. Explained the cortisone shot that he gave me. He was warm, compassionate and caring doctor that I will recommend to anyone that needs his expertise!
in mays landing, nj |
I found Dr. Baker to be very caring and professional. He listened to my issues and offered several treatments. I was very satisfied with my visit with Dr.Baker
in Millville, NJ |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Baker to family and friends.
Linwood, NJ |
Dr. Baker has a great bedside manner when dealing with patients. He puts you at ease with his genuine smile as he greets you. I have confidence in his knowledge of his field. He shares x-rays and MRIs with you so you are more knowledgeable of your condition. He's the best!
explained fully
in Brigantine, NJ |
I was well pleased in the way I was treated and in accordance with the doctor's experience. I recommend Doctor John Baker completely.
in Ventnor, NJ |
Saw Dr. Baker today for left shoulder pain. Gave me a cortisone shot and a script for PT. The cortisone worked immediately. Dr. Baker is a kind and caring gentleman and I would recommend him to my family and friends.
Excellent care very friendly approachable glad I selected Dr. Baker
in EHT, NJ |
Dr.Baker had a great bed side manor and is very thorough in his work!!
in vineland, nj |
Dr. Baker goes over and above to put you at ease as he explains what your issue is and the processes of correcting that problem. He is patient in answering your questions.
ocean city, nj |
Dr. Baker takes the time to listen to your issues. He was able to diagnose my shoulder pain with a few manipulations of my arm and develop a treatment plan. This is my second time seeing him. I felt confident revisiting Dr. Baker because last year he was able to diagnose a different issue I was having and come up with a treatment plan which relieved the pain.
in Brigantine, NJ |
Dr. Baker is a wonderful physician and healer. Dr. Baker made me feel better and assured from the first visit. He spent time with my husband and I and explained all my options. I need two knee replacements but due to heart issues the Dr suggested orthovisc shots for now. My knees feel better and the good Doctor's untiring efforts on my behalf are greatly appreciated. Dr. Baker's nurse Laura is also very helpful, courteous and professional. Dr. Baker is an asset to Rothman Institute. Thank you
Visited Dr. Baker today at Rothman with and for my other half. Dr Baker was personable and put the patient at ease. After a couple of quick procedures, husbands knee felt much better. We would definitely see him again should the need arise.
in Egg Harbor Twp. nj |
Dr. Baker took great care of me. I was a little anxious about my procedure and he put me at ease. I would recommend him to friends and family. Good doctors are hard to find.
Vineland, NJ |
Dr. Baker explained my MRI and diagnosis in a way that I could understand. He was on time for our appointment and listened to my concerns.
in Brigantine Nj |
Great experience. Dr. Baker makes you at ease and was quite knowledgeable. i would recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. John Baker, MD?
Are you Dr. Baker?

Compare Dr. Baker

Dr. Baker says...

Dr. Baker was one of the first orthopaedic surgeons to perform total joint replacement and revision surgery in South Jersey.  His practice now focuses on non-surgical orthopaedic care, specializing in the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries.

Dr. Baker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Baker has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Baker's Board Certifications

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Saint Louis University School of Medicine
    General Surgery, St. Louis University
    St Louis University Hospital
    St. Joseph's College

Dr. Baker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• ACL Surgery