Dr. John Baker, MD

Bariatric Surgery ·  Male · Age 60

Dr. Baker

Dr. John Baker, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Conway, AR and has been practicing for 31 years. He graduated from La State Univ Sch Of Med In Shreveport in 1983 and specializes in bariatric surgery and general surgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Baker accepts

Dr. Baker accepts the following insurance:

CHAMPVA
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Delta Health System
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medicaid
Managed Care
Medicaid Assignment
Qualchoice
Qualchoice PPO
Wells Fargo Insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arkansas

Check Dr. Baker's experience treating your condition or procedure

Esophageal Surgery

Dr. Baker performs Esophageal Surgery more than 37% of his peers

Dr. Baker performs this procedure more than 37% of his peers

Dr. Baker's conditions and procedures:

• Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Revision of Gastric Anastomosis or Restrictive Procedure
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

If you have been significantly overweight for very long, I am sure you already know that the key is not in the losing of the weight, but in the maintaining of the weight loss. Bariatric surgery for the treatment of obesity is a starting point. It wil...

• Bariatric Surgery

4.0

Dr. Baker?
Dr. Baker's Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Baker, MD
I am trying to reach Dr. Baker. He did my surgery several years ago and I cannot seem to find a good working number for him. Can someone please give me a number to reach him at? deniseisblessed99@yahoo.com. Thank you in advance!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Baker, MD?
Dr. Baker is wonderful. He never leaves you guessing and always ready to answer any questions. I have several friends that their doctor's approach was different post surgery and they had problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Baker, MD?
I had a bi-pass in 2008. Dr Baker was by far strict, but the most knowledgeable physician in this field. I regard him with the highest of respect. I refer people to him regularly. My loss is from 300+ to 180.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Baker, MD?
Would not recommend this Dr for your surgery. Courtney is very unorganized, unprofessional and sets you up for failure. She told me to use an app and snap photos of my weight and send her. After a few months of this I finally gound out they don’t use this app anymore. After 2 failed attempts with Dr Baker I decided to go with another Clinic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Baker, MD?
I believe Dr. Baker is an excellent surgeon, but his bedside manners are not the best. He is brutally honest and can be harsh at times. I feared getting on the scale with him at first. However, my surgery did go well and I have received great results. The biggest complaint I have is the wait time for appointments. I have never had a visit with Dr. Baker that did not consist of a 2 hour wait prior to meeting with him. He also is booked several months out and not easy to contact.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Baker, MD?
Dr Baker performed gastirc bypass for me in 2014. It took a lot of hard work on my part to prepare for the surgery as well as since the surgery, but it is all worth it for the health benefits I have experienced. Yes, there are strict regimines to follow and for good reason. It wont work for you if you dont keep working. I couldnt have chosen a more caring, respectful, knowledgeable, and proficient surgeon to help me get started with my new and healthier lifestyle! Thank you, Dr Baker
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Baker, MD?
Jumping through hoops and cutting through the red tape required by Dr. Baker was crazy!! I met the requirements of my insurance but never met Dr. Baker's requirements. The best thing he did for me was moving his practice to Conway. I was not driving to Conway!! I sought out a different Dr. Since I had already met my insurance requirements, all had to do was the last minute stuff and wait until my insurance would pay for the psych exam again. Boom!! Surgery and 150lbs gone in 9 months!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Baker, MD?
Dr Baker is harsh and requires a lot of his patients to start with. This pushed me to make the changes in my life that I might not have otherwise done. I thought I was doing enough but I wasnt. He asked me hard questions which were difficult to look at but they helped me deal with life AFTER surgery. Is he a hardass? Yes. Is he the best one for the job? Yes. Be ready for some hard truths and strong encouragement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Baker, MD?
Dr. Baker expresses through every aspect of his professional and personal life his passion for his patients to choose for themselves a healthy lifestyle. He is completely forthcoming with his patients in regards to choosing a baratric procedure. He sincerely desires only the best for each of his patients. I personally hold the highest respect for him. He performed a laparoscopic gastric bypass of which I received nothing but his very best. Yes, I highly recommend him to anyone. Teresa Crawford
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Baker, MD?
Dr Baker is a highly skilled surgeon. Dr Baker is genuine, and committed to patient safety and quality. I have been a critical care RN for almost 25 years and he is my first choice as a surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Baker, MD?
Courtney and dr baker are very unorganized and unhelpful/he is arrogant and his demeanor is rude and cocky and she is too. I have had this surgery scheduled twice and the first time he cancelled because he just didn't want to do it that week. I have been bending over backwards for the past six months with their ridiculous expectations. I am not going to use him, will pay out of pocket for a better surgeon without the help of my insurance/he acts as if he is a psychiatrist and God
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Baker, MD?
Dr. Baker has been my surgeon since 1991. After multiple cancers, he has done everyone of my surgeries. I trust him completely and would not want to use another surgeon. I am sad he is taking his practice to Conway.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Baker, MD?
he has given me another chance at a healthy life, when problems arise he is always helpful and gets it taken care of, he also follows up with phone calls, i would tell any and everyone to go to him, and I do. Thank you Dr. Baker and staff...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Baker, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Baker?

John W Baker MD