Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. John Austin, MD
Dr. John Austin, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Austin, TX. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Austin is affiliated with Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas and Seton Medical Center Austin.

Austin Ear Nose Throat Associates

3705 Medical Pkwy Ste 310

Austin, TX 78705

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Austin

Dr. Austin's Experience

Dr. Austin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Cough
  • Deafness
  • Deviated Septum
  • Dizziness
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Vertigo
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis

• Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Frenectomy
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy

• Usc Los Angeles Co Mc
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • MD Anderson Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Austin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Austin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Austin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Austin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Austin to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Austin's Performance
in Austin, TX |
I saw Dr. Austin about sinus congestion. After a scan, he recommended a balloon sinuplasty. The procedure WAS unpleasant, but worth it. I had this procedure 2 weeks ago and I can breathe!!!! Dr. Austin is very attentive and has a good bedside manner!
in Pflugerville, TX |
I had a very good experience with Dr. Austin. Appointments were easy to get. Wait time in the reception room and exam room was minimal. Dr. Austin was knowledgeable and personable. I would recommend him to anyone needing ENT services.
in Round Rock, TX |
Dr. Austin was great! He showed our 18month daughter kindness and patience that small children demand. His staff was also wonderful! We had such an amazing experience starting with our initial consultation, through the procedure and even at our follow up appointments. Thank you for everything!
New York, NY |
Nasal surgery went well considering it's never fun. Appointments were easy.
in Lakeway, TX |
I had the best experience with Dr. Austin who performed a balloon sinuplasty. The outcome was unbelievable as I went from daily runny nose to zero days. Both his style and technique produced no pain at all. He and his staff are to be commended and highly recommended. He and his staff followed up with phone calls post procedure. As a professional in the health care field, i was very impresses with his practice and caring manner.
in Round Rock, TX |
I saw Dr. Austin for a deviated septum, persistent sinusitis and vertigo. I followed his recommended treatment which included a CT scan to diagnose my condition and then septoplasty and balloon sinuplasty. Both procedures went as Dr. Austin explained, there were no unexpected surprises, nor unexpected pain. I trust his experience and judgement and would recommend him to others, including my family.
in Austin, TX |
In 2007 I went to Austin ENT interested in a hearing aide. During a new patient check Dr. Austin found a very bad cancer in my throat. He operated the next week and successfully removed the cancer. He and the staff also were very helpful during my post-op period. After chemo and radiation treatments I returned to Dr. Austin for periodic checkups that continue to this day. I give Dr. Austin 5 stars and recommend him highly to people I know.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Austin diagnosed my condition as squamous cell carcinoma - cancer of the throat and tongue base. This was after I had been to two other doctors who said I had an infection or sinus/allergy condition. I am truly blessed Dr. Austin is my ENT. He is thorough, friendly, and positive. His staff is cooperative and helpful. I have never had to wait more than ten minutes in more than fifteen appointments I have had during my treatments and follow up.
in Austin TX |
Dr Austin is rude and a poor listener. Just got of the phone with him and he would not let me speak. He was extremely rude and condescending to me just saying that the pain is normal and that I should not be calling him for that. He did not ask me any questions and essentially hung up on me assuming I was just calling for normal pain. Perhaps he is having a bad day but any doctor that treats patients like that deserves to be left out as a choice. His manners reflect on other drs. Working w/him
Austin, TX |
Dr. Austin is smart and kind with a good bedside manner.. He knew what to do re: my situation. I was very satisfied.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Austin diagnosed my condition and performed a successful surgery for my medical issue. He was very courteous and answered all questions to my full satisfaction prior to and after the surgery. I was very satisfied with the treatment I received and would highly recommend Dr. Austin to anyone looking for an ENT specialist.
in Lakeway, TX |
Very good. Short wait. Addressed my issue quickly, courteously, and professionally. The office is not beautiful, but I don't go to a doctor for the scenery.
in Austin, TX |
Be very aware of hidden charges after your visit. We came here to visit Dr. Austin for a routine examination. My husband was asked to sign a form, which we thought was a consent form for a simple check with Dr. Austin's nasal scope, which took a total of 30 seconds. Dr. Austin charged us an additional $415.00 on top of his $175 visit fee without our consent and billed it to our insurance. We contacted Dr. Austin's office only to be told we would not be able to speak with the Dr. directly. They d
in Austin, TX |
I've worked with Dr. Austin for a number of years and can't say enough great things about him. He genuinely cares about his patients and goes out of his way to help them get to the bottom of their ailment and pick a perfect treatment plan. He doesn't treat allergies, so you'll want to go to an Allergist for that but is definitely a pro at all things ENT.
in Waukesha, WI |
Waited over 1 hour each visit. Second visit walked out and did not see him. No doctor is worth that. Picked this dr because i live in Lakeway, but had to initially see him at the Lamar location. Very disappointed. Exam rooms needed painting, not a clean feel. Will never go back. Dr also short on personality. Bad experience.
in Round Rock, TX |
Over the past 2 yrs I was experiencing repeated ear infections and was referred to this practice. Austin was available first so I saw him (though I had previously seen Scholl 15 years prior). Austin said my pain was due to TMJ, gave me diet restrictions, and that's it. After 9 more months of pain, he did diag me with a double ear infection (I'm 47 BTW) but again said TMJ would make it worse--no info on how to get physical therapy, etc. OldSchool practice; no thoughts on therapy, etc. Avoid!
Have you seen Dr. John Austin, MD?
Are you Dr. Austin?