Dr. John R. Austin, MD

Dr. John R. Austin, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male

Austin Ear Nose Throat Associates 3705 Medical Pkwy Ste 310, Austin, TX 78705 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Austin specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat and practices in Austin, TX. He practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Austin? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Austin's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Austin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Austin

Dr. Austin accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Austin has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Austin's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Austin to family and friends
3.8
Experience with Dr. Austin
Dr. Austin's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (30)
in Pflugerville, TX |
I had a very good experience with Dr. Austin. Appointments were easy to get. Wait time in the reception room and exam room was minimal. Dr. Austin was knowledgeable and personable. I would recommend him to anyone needing ENT services.
in Round Rock, TX |
Dr. Austin was great! He showed our 18month daughter kindness and patience that small children demand. His staff was also wonderful! We had such an amazing experience starting with our initial consultation, through the procedure and even at our follow up appointments. Thank you for everything!
New York, NY |
Nasal surgery went well considering it's never fun. Appointments were easy.
in Lakeway, TX |
I had the best experience with Dr. Austin who performed a balloon sinuplasty. The outcome was unbelievable as I went from daily runny nose to zero days. Both his style and technique produced no pain at all. He and his staff are to be commended and highly recommended. He and his staff followed up with phone calls post procedure. As a professional in the health care field, i was very impresses with his practice and caring manner.
in Round Rock, TX |
I saw Dr. Austin for a deviated septum, persistent sinusitis and vertigo. I followed his recommended treatment which included a CT scan to diagnose my condition and then septoplasty and balloon sinuplasty. Both procedures went as Dr. Austin explained, there were no unexpected surprises, nor unexpected pain. I trust his experience and judgement and would recommend him to others, including my family.
in Austin, TX |
In 2007 I went to Austin ENT interested in a hearing aide. During a new patient check Dr. Austin found a very bad cancer in my throat. He operated the next week and successfully removed the cancer. He and the staff also were very helpful during my post-op period. After chemo and radiation treatments I returned to Dr. Austin for periodic checkups that continue to this day. I give Dr. Austin 5 stars and recommend him highly to people I know.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Austin diagnosed my condition as squamous cell carcinoma - cancer of the throat and tongue base. This was after I had been to two other doctors who said I had an infection or sinus/allergy condition. I am truly blessed Dr. Austin is my ENT. He is thorough, friendly, and positive. His staff is cooperative and helpful. I have never had to wait more than ten minutes in more than fifteen appointments I have had during my treatments and follow up.
in Austin TX |
Dr Austin is rude and a poor listener. Just got of the phone with him and he would not let me speak. He was extremely rude and condescending to me just saying that the pain is normal and that I should not be calling him for that. He did not ask me any questions and essentially hung up on me assuming I was just calling for normal pain. Perhaps he is having a bad day but any doctor that treats patients like that deserves to be left out as a choice. His manners reflect on other drs. Working w/him
Austin, TX |
Dr. Austin is smart and kind with a good bedside manner.. He knew what to do re: my situation. I was very satisfied.
in Austin, TX |
Dr. Austin diagnosed my condition and performed a successful surgery for my medical issue. He was very courteous and answered all questions to my full satisfaction prior to and after the surgery. I was very satisfied with the treatment I received and would highly recommend Dr. Austin to anyone looking for an ENT specialist.
in Lakeway, TX |
Very good. Short wait. Addressed my issue quickly, courteously, and professionally. The office is not beautiful, but I don't go to a doctor for the scenery.
in Austin, TX |
Be very aware of hidden charges after your visit. We came here to visit Dr. Austin for a routine examination. My husband was asked to sign a form, which we thought was a consent form for a simple check with Dr. Austin's nasal scope, which took a total of 30 seconds. Dr. Austin charged us an additional $415.00 on top of his $175 visit fee without our consent and billed it to our insurance. We contacted Dr. Austin's office only to be told we would not be able to speak with the Dr. directly. They d
in Austin, TX |
I've worked with Dr. Austin for a number of years and can't say enough great things about him. He genuinely cares about his patients and goes out of his way to help them get to the bottom of their ailment and pick a perfect treatment plan. He doesn't treat allergies, so you'll want to go to an Allergist for that but is definitely a pro at all things ENT.
in Waukesha, WI |
Waited over 1 hour each visit. Second visit walked out and did not see him. No doctor is worth that. Picked this dr because i live in Lakeway, but had to initially see him at the Lamar location. Very disappointed. Exam rooms needed painting, not a clean feel. Will never go back. Dr also short on personality. Bad experience.
in Round Rock, TX |
Over the past 2 yrs I was experiencing repeated ear infections and was referred to this practice. Austin was available first so I saw him (though I had previously seen Scholl 15 years prior). Austin said my pain was due to TMJ, gave me diet restrictions, and that's it. After 9 more months of pain, he did diag me with a double ear infection (I'm 47 BTW) but again said TMJ would make it worse--no info on how to get physical therapy, etc. OldSchool practice; no thoughts on therapy, etc. Avoid!
Have you seen Dr. John R. Austin, MD?
Are you Dr. Austin?

• Cough
  • Deafness
  • Deviated Septum
  • Dizziness
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Vertigo
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis

• Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Frenectomy
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy

Completed in 1991

MD Anderson Cancer Center

Completed in 1992

University Of Wyoming

Dr. Austin has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Austin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Austin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Austin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Board certified in Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery & Facial Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Austin

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Austin's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Austin

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients