Dr. John Ashgar, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryAge 48

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. John Ashgar, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. They graduated from St. George's University School of Medicine in 2001. They are affiliated with medical facilities such as Holy Cross Hospital and Jupiter Medical Center. Their office accepts new patients.

Dr. John Ashgar, MD

Cantor Spine Institute

3000 BAYVIEW DR Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Ashgar with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at HCA Florida Northwest Hospital.

Make an appointment at HCA Florida Northwest Hospital today at (954) 645-8026.

These providers are on the medical staff of HCA Florida Northwest Hospital.

Dr. Ashgar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ashgar

The finest
At age 79 Dr. Asghar did a 10 hr.surgery on me correcting Flat Back. I was bent forward from the waist and unable to walk. Very few Dr.s do this difficult operation. I am now perfectly straight and without any pain. I was up and walking 2 days after the operation and with very little pain. Dr. Asghar gave me back my life and I am forever grateful !! Gene Suttin
Oct 19, 2022
Saved me
Me back had previously been ruined by another dr. The pain was unreal. Dr. Asghar saved me in my opinion! I can't thank him and his team enough!
Michelle Matheney – Jun 28, 2022
Outstanding!!
Exceptional surgeon, caring and competent doctor. One of a kind. Dr A is on top of his game. Look no further knowing he's outstanding. You won't find anyone that compares to him. He treats patients from all over the country because he is a one in a million find! I'm tremendously grateful he's the surgeon that treated and fixed me. I traversed all over manhattan hospitals trying to find the right treatment for lower back pain. After meeting 20 plus MDs Dr Ashgar was the only one that immediately pinpointed the problem. He fixed what others couldn't even diagnose. Four months ago, I passed out breaking my nose and seriously damaging my cervical spine. Thank god Dr Ashgar made himself available to fix me. I will forever remain fortunate for having chosen him.
Merle Neidell – Jun 25, 2022
Recommendation
An excellent orthopedic specialty surgeon and superb diagnostician. Very professional
Carolee Garfield – Jun 16, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
Dr Asghar did my recent back surgery in Nov 2021. His team and office staff are excellent. Dr Asghar was very engaging, educated me on the diagnosis, and reviewed multiple potential treatment options. He recommended a conservative, less invasive approach to my decompression surgery. It has now been 5 weeks and I am virtually pain free. I would recommend Dr Asghar to anyone suffering from back pain and requiring some sort of intervention.
Jay P. – Dec 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
L5S1 Level 3-4 slippage. Amazing experience! He was able to reduce the curve 50-75%. Dr Asghar is so knowledgeable and experienced Had a 3D model of my spine from MRI- CT scan XRays images to use as part of a reference tool He gave me the worst case scenario but the best case scenario was the end result. If you have a deformity or difficult surgery need on your spine he is you best possibility for a great out come!
Oct 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
Top notch surgeon with the most amazing team. I had other opinions that consisted of very invasive surgery and Dr. Asghar provided pain relief with a much less invasive procedure. I love Priscilla and Alexa, his PA's, and am impressed with their knowledge and attentiveness. Dr. Asghar has the gift of a compassionate bed side manner as well. I will be forever grateful to Dr. Asghar and his team!!
Janet Sprague – Sep 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
went there as a new patient, and waited 1 1/2hr the first time, just to see his PA and 2hrs the second time, when I walked out.Then they called me to see where I was, no apologies, nothing, just a rude"do you want to reschedule?"Unprofessional, horrible place, wouldn't recommend this office to anybody.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
Jun 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
Dr Asghar is a patient, kind, and understanding doctor. He always has time for my many questions and his knowledge is bound full . I’ve had several spine surgeries and will be having spine surgery in the future with Dr J Asghar. I’ve been to teaching hospitals and other fine doctors but Dr Asghar will be my surgeon. His staff is as helpful as he is and I feel I will be in great hands. He’s not putting surgery first, other options will take place prior and if these procedures do not work out then surgery. Wonderful and talented doctor.
Molly B – Apr 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
One of the BEST Doctors I have ever encountered in my adult life. His professionalism, experience, knowledge, care for his patient and pre/surgical/post care is amazing. Had a 3 level Anterior CervicaI Discectomy and Fusion due to severe compression of the spine and would recommend him to anyone who requires orthro spine surgery! He and his team truly care about their patients. His practice is also part of the Paley Orthopedic & Spine Institute which provided excellent hospital patient care. Strongly recommended.
Dan – Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
Most caring, knowledgeable physician I’ve ever been to. Takes all the time you need for questions, never in a hurry. Very honest about outcomes.
Sandy Luber – Dec 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
Both Dr. Asghar and his PA Priscilla are second to none. I took my 80 year old mother to see Dr. Asghar because she was having severe lower back and leg pain. She was also suffering from Cauda Equina syndrome which causes incontinence. First off, we were told by other surgeons she was inoperable due to age and severity of the damage to her spine. Dr. Asghar never hesitated and understood the necessity of a surgery in order to gain continence, alleviate the pain, and to gain back quality of life regardless of her age. He had to repair 7 vertebrae, while also keeping her stable throughout the lengthy procedure, as she is also a serious heart patient. That said, she has regained continence and her pain levels are getting better every day. He was also able to straighten her posture, which most certainly will aid in a more comfortable lifestyle. Finally, the facility and staff at the Spine Institute were awesome. Our whole experience was excellent.
Mike Palmer – Aug 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
I truly am a blessed man. I've been living in pain for 4+ years. After much research I found a physician that was able to return me to living a life free of pain and sleeping in my bed again! I had been sleeping in a chaise lounge for over a year. Upon meeting Dr Asghar for the first time, he presented a detailed interface of what was going on with me. I was totally blown away by the kind, compassionate and charismatic man. He was upbeat and easy to talk to. He listened to what I was saying and I did not feel rushed. X-rays were done and then came the news. Dr Asghar made certain I understood exactly what was going on. He quizzed me to be certain. He had a year plan for me that would result in a surgical experience. Priscilla Gamiotea PA-C would assist him with everything including the surgery. She was my direct conduit if I needed anything. Her response to emails were within minutes. How much better than that does it get? I was introduced to the entire office staff.
Jun 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
Dr. John Asghar performed my back surgery on January 22, 2019. Among other issues, I had degenerative scoliosis of my lumbar region, and little to no space between my last 5 lumbar vertebrae, which caused two nerves going to my left leg to be crushed. It had gotten to the point where I had constant pain, and my activities were severely limited. Thanks to Dr. Asghar, I now have my life back. I am so grateful to him, his superb P.A., Priscila, and the whole staff at Cantor Spine Institute.
Suzanne S in Coral Springs, FL – Feb 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
FROM LIVING IN CONTINUOUS PAIN, WITH NO VIABLE OPTIONS TO A PAINLESS LIFE GETTING STRONGER EVERY DAY. Other surgeons said my Scoliosis surgery would take 2 days, 6 hours a day . Dr. Asghar said it was 6 hours for scoliosis surgery and the release of the nerve. Six hours after I was taken to the operating room I was on my way to recovery. I am 6 weeks out and doing amazing. Some discomfort but no pain.I have some continued discomfort from the need to retrain my muscles My future is bright
Michele Jackman in Fort Lauderdale, FL – Feb 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
I am beyond thankful to Dr. Asghar who performed a revision spinal fusion on my lumbar spine. If not done and done right the condition would have led to loss of leg function. I now can walk normally without any pain in my leg. Not only did Dr. Asghar take extraordinary time studying my particular situation and coming up with a solid plan, he took great time explaining it in detail without a shred of ego or attitude. His assistant Priscila is incredible as well - very thorough and caring.
Joshua Miller in FL – Feb 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
Dr. Asghar is truly a talented, dedicated surgeon who cares about his patients. For 8+ years I had been dealing with severe back, leg and foot pain. I had begun to lose hope after trying every medical path for relief, and Florida Blue denying my surgery. The surgery went very well and I can say in all honesty that I am pain free. I have my life back. I will be forever grateful to Dr. Asghar, Priscilla, Kathryn, and the entire staff. If you have a back problem I highly recommend!
Gail Olney in Pompano Beach, FL – Dec 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
We highly recommend Dr. John Asghar and his team. His surgical skills in our opinion are excellent and you were in good hands with the people he surrounds himself with. Dr. John Asghar was the best surgeon for us. Our main reason is that he has excellent outcomes and a very high volume of cases. Our results for our 11 year old daughter were excellent T4 - T12 fusion and rods.
Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
Six weeks ago, I thought I would never be able to stand, be pain free and be in control of my life again. KUDOS to Dr. John Asghar, Orthopedic Spine Surgeon….I had a very complicated surgery, and could not have found a better doctor. Where on this planet does your surgeon and his assistant give you their cell phone numbers if you were to experience something that did not feel right or just need to have your hand held? Dr. Asghar is the most amazing man!
Sharon C. in Pompano Beach, FL – Sep 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?
I had surgery with dr. Asghar due to scoliosis. I had a curve of 50 degrees and suffered of back pain. After surgery I have had no pain since then. I highly recommend Dr.Asghar and his staff. Not only because of the successful surgery but because of the way they make you feel. They are always checking and looking after you, to be sure you have no pain. My experience with Dr.Asghar and his staff was wonderful and successful. January 26, 2018
Nicole Brewer – Jul 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Ashgar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ashgar?