Dr. John A. Alton, MD

Dr. John A. Alton, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

Southwest Gen Med Grp Wmns Hlth 7255 Old Oak Blvd Ste C202, Cleveland, OH 44130 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

For over 20 years I have been dedicated to my patients and staying a leader for women who need a...   Read More

Dr. Alton's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Alton's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Obstetrics & Gynecologynull

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Alton

Dr. Alton accepts 20 insurance carriers

20 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Alton has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Alton

Dr. Alton's Review Details
      4.9 based on 76 responses
      Experience with Dr. Alton
      Dr. Alton's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (73)
      Dr. Alton says

Thank you for the encouraging words as well as criticism that will challenge me and allow me to continue to grow in this rewarding art of medicine.

in Medina, OH |
      I had been having abdominal pain for over 10 years. Prior GYN said it was normal with change of life. Family GP referred me to Dr. Alton. Dr. He listened to my history of issues and asked a lot of questions. After my exam, he said I needed to have exploratory laparoscopic surgery to see what was causing my pain- found tons of organ adhesions that was the root of my pain. After cleaning out all the adhesions I am now looking forward to being pain free! I will recommend him to all!!
      Cleveland, OH |
      I am satisfied!!! He listened, he fixed the problem and he showed compassion as well as possessed a GREAT deal of knowledge!!! Happy I was recommended to him!!!
      in North Royalton, OH |
      Great experiences every time with Dr. Alton and his staff. Going on five years now regular care and recently my first pregnancy. All throughout my pregnancy and delivery the care was amazing and very comforting. All questions were answered and I felt like my baby boy was looked out for from the beginning. Dr. Alton truly listens to all concerns and addresses situations promptly with care.
      in Westfield Center, OH |
      During my last exam, Dr. Alton and I talked about what I thought was perimenopause symptoms. Based on that brief conversation, he ordered tests and it turned out to be more than that He really listens and is really easy to talk to. We reviewed all my options and I opted for a hysterectomy (he does robotic laparoscopic). He/his staff answered all my questions and calmed my worries. I'm 2 wks post op and EXTREMELY pleased with my results--it was almost a non-event. Great doc. Great surgeon!
      Valley City, OH |
      Dr. Alton is by far my favorite ob/gynecology doctor I have ever had. He is the only doctor who I feel completely comfortable with. I would recommend him to anyone. He delivered my daughter after an awful labor and ensured me I could do it without an epidural.
      in Parma, OH |
      I have already recommended Dr. Alton to a close friend in search of a new OB. Always felt like he was listening and concerned. Great during delivery. Great with dads also, let's not forget them.
      in Valley city , OH |
      I recently had surgery by Dr. Alton. I felt at ease through the whole process. Dr. Alton walked me through every step of the surgery from beginning to end. He helped put my mind at ease! His bedside manner was great. He is very easy to talk to. I would highly recommend!
      in North Ridgeville, OH |
      Dr. Alton exceeded my expectations! Initially, I was scheduled to meet with a different OB/GYN associated with another hospital. This being my first pregnancy, I wanted to do more research and I am so happy I did! Luckily, I found Dr. Alton on healthgrades.com. After reading his reviews, I knew I wanted him to be my Dr. He is trustworthy, personable, knowledgeable and answered the many questions we had. I will recommend Dr. Alton to family and friends!
      in Wadsworth, OH |
      I can't say enough positive things about Dr. Alton, I have been looking for an OB/GYN that is compassionate and actually listens to the patient. I am so thankful someone recommended Dr. Alton. I highly recommend him.
      Cleveland, OH |
      Dr. Alton always listened to my concerns and questions and expressed such care and professionalism that it felt more like talking to family - even when I was distressed and experiencing issues throughout pregnancy, delivery and post partum - I always felt that he was genuine, cared about me and wanted the very best for me and my family.
      in Cleveland, OH |
      Dr. Alton providers patients with such compassion, amazing care & transparency. Recommending him to everyone.
      Dr. Alton has the best bedside manner and really listens and pays attention to everything you need. My whole pregnancy with him was awesome and I felt very well taken care of.
      in Medina, OH |
      Dr. Alton is the best OB/GYN doctor I have had to associate. He is a compassionate and caring doctor. And you feel he truly listens and understands your concerns. I found him through a former family physician when we moved to Medina County in 2013. I recently recommended him to a friend from my church and told her she would love him:-) Thank you for the wonderful care. Never lose your bedside manner:-) God bless!
      MEDINA |
      Dr. Alton is great! He is very personable, always takes time to listen and you never feel like just another patient.
      in Medina, Ohio |
      Dr Alton took care of me throughout two healthy pregnancies. He was fantastic as were the on call physicians in his office. I had unexpected bleeding through the first trimester with my second son and he was very responsive to my calls and concerns and got me in for the necessary testing very quickly. He reassured me and answered all of my questions at every appointment. I never felt rushed. His nurse is also very good and returned my calls quickly. It's a great team all around.
      in Medina, OH |
      i feel Dr Alton is a very knowledgable and trustworthy Doctor. Dr Alton was recommended to me several years ago after many years of searching for a Dr I felt comforatable with and one that takes the time and explains everything to you. I have the utmost respect and trust in him as my doctor and highly recommend him to friends and family. Who in turn are now patients of his too.
      I always feel comfortable after my dr visit with dr alton. He makes sure I understand everything going on during and after my pregnancy and makes me feel comfortable asking him any question that I have.
      Have you seen Dr. Alton?

• Female Urinary Stress Incontinence
      • Gynecologic Cancer
      • Hemorrhoids
      • High Risk Pregnancy
      • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
      • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
      • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
      • Mastodynia
      • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
      • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
      • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
      • Ovarian Cancer
      • Ovarian Cysts
      • Pap Smear Abnormalities
      • Perimenopause
      • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
      • Symptomatic Menopause

• Pregnancy Test
      • Rh Incompatibility Screening
      • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
      • Thyroid Screening
      • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
      • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
      • Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
      • Vaginal Surgery
      • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Ohio State University College Of Medicine And Public Health

Graduated in 1992

Michigan State University-Sparrow Hospital
        Michigan State University-Sparrow Hospital

Completed in 1996

University Of Dayton

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Alton has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Alton's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
      • Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
      • Malpractice claims in Ohio not available
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Alton

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Alton's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Alton

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Alton says...

For over 20 years I have been dedicated to my patients and staying a leader for women who need a caring Obstetrician and/or Gynecologist. My bedside manner combined with clinical skills allow me to enjoy my medical practice beyond what I thought I could when I chose this profession.

Dr. Alton's Care Philosophy

A compassionate approach to using the most recent dynamic medical technology to better my patients lives.

All my patients deserve to be empowered with information and ability to make decisions as for what is best for their own health. This is the care I strive to deliver, as well as making recommendations that I would want for my own Wife, Mother, Sister or Daughter. All while doing so with a smile that is genuine because, I have been and always will be honored that patients trust me to be their Physician.

Dr. Alton says...

Being the first community hospital in 2008 with the robotic surgical system, I have personally performed over 450 Robotic procedures.

Pioneered office ablations.

Over 20 years of gynecology and obstetric care

Thousands of deliveries

Not much I haven't seen and if I can't care for my patients then I will send them to the best  in that subspecialty.