Dr. John Afshar, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Martin Medical Group 10050 SW Innovation Way Ste 102 Port Saint Lucie, FL 34987 Get Directions
Dr. John Afshar, MD

Dr. John Afshar, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Port Saint Lucie, FL. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Afshar is affiliated with Martin Medical Center.

Dr. Afshar's Experience

See how Dr. Afshar's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Afshar

Dr. Afshar accepts 17 insurance carriers

Dr. Afshar is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Afshar has admitting privileges.

Dr. Afshar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Afshar to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Afshar's Performance
in Vero Beach, FL |
A referral was sent to Dr Afshar a month ago from Vero Orthopaedic. Today I was told he will not see my w/o any explanation. If I want to see another MD the Apt. will be in 2 1/2 months from now. Atleast give me the courtesy as to why he will not see me.
in Okeechobee?, Florida |
Dr Afshar, gave me back my life. I have suffered for years with back pain the last two years I have spent mostly in bed, I couldn't go to grocery store or take care of my home. Dr Afshar did another MRI, he received them and told me my lower back was a mess, he said he couldn't guarantee that he could fix everything that was wrong because I am 65 and my bone density is not the best, but he was willing to try. He operated on me and gave me back my life, I have minimal discomfort no pain. Thanks
in Port St Lucie, FL |
Dr Afshar is very professional, knowledgeable and kind. Not always descriptions you find together in a surgeon or any physician of any type. Would highly recommend him to anyone including someone who has a complex case. Being new to the state I was nervous going into this practice as would anyone probably, However, he and his staff have been wonderful to me and very accessible.
in Ft Pierce, FL |
When I first met Dr. Ashfar I was in extreme pain from a cyst pressing on my spinal cord. After talking to Dr. Ashfar and listening to him explain to me the cause of my pain and what he could do to alleviate the pain and allow me to walk again, I was confident that I had the right Doctor. Dr. Ashfar is very easy to talk to and is very understanding. He also has a way of explaining what the problem is and what he will do to correct the problem in a way that the average layman can understand.
in Ft Pierce, FL |
Dr. Afshar did lower back surgery for me including laminectomy and spinal fusion in the L4-L5 area and L-5-S1 area. He managed the surgery well when met with a large cyst that was so compressed that it did not show in the MRI. He excised the cyst using microscopic techniques without any damage to the nerves that were involved. I don't hesitate to recommend Dr. Afshar.
in Ft. Pierce,FL |
Dr.Afshar has made my life livable again. He took the pain away.
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
Dr Afshar performed an ACDF on my neck in March 2016. Results were excellent! All pain, tingling and numbness are gone. He is an excellent surgeon and a better person. He took the time to answer all of our questions and inspired confidence. I'm feel very fortunate to have found him.
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
I take exception to previous comments reference scheduling. Dr. Afshar by all measures and recommendations sits in the top position for the Treasure Coast. He has more volume than capacity so yes, the appointments have long lead times. However, his capability to meet with you during a visit is informative and comforting. This doctor restores your quality of life. His techniques to aid you are immeasurable, smart, and beneficial, He is well known in the community and I'd recommend no other.
Stuart, FL |
wonderful doctor takes the time to explain everything to me in a way I can understand.
in Port Saint Lucie, FL |
Awful! Takes months to see him. First meet w/his PA. If she thinks you are a candidate for surgery you will get an appointment with him several months later. If you require a complicated surgery he will not do it. He is the laminectomy king of the Treasure Coast. I would not recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. John Afshar, MD?
Are you Dr. Afshar?

Compare Dr. Afshar

Dr. Afshar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Board actions found

Board Action

Dr. Afshar has 1 board action

• Wrong-site surgery (2/20/2017)
    • Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
    • Summary: Please reference the following Document
    • Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    • State: Florida

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Ear Disorders
  • Epilepsy
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

Georgetown University

Completed in 1995

Nat Inst Hlth

Completed in 1997

Dr. Afshar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Afshar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neurostimulation