Urology  |
Male
Dr. John Abbott Jr, MD
Dr. John Abbott Jr, MD is an urology doctor who practices in Fayetteville, GA. He has been practicing for 14 years. Dr. Abbott Jr is affiliated with Southern Regional Medical Center and Piedmont Fayette Hospital.

1336 Highway 54 W Bldg 200

Fayetteville, GA 30214

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Abbott Jr

Dr. Abbott Jr's Experience

Dr. Abbott Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Urology

• Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Blood in Semen (Hematospermia)
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Chronic Kidney Diseases
  • Congenital Obstruction of Ureteropelvic Junction
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • End-Stage Renal Disease
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Interstitial Cystitis
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Penile Cancer
  • Polyuria
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostatitis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse

• Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Orchiectomy
  • Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
  • Partial Nephrectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Penile Implants
  • Prostate Removal
  • Prostatectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Renal Transplant and Nephrectomy
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Emory University
    Medical School | Graduated 2003

Dr. Abbott Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Abbott Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abbott Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Abbott Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abbott Jr to family and friends
Dr. Abbott Jr's Performance
in Mcdonough, GA |
Dr. Abbott is a very competent and compassionate physician. He always take the extra time to discuss my issues and devise a course of treatment. He is a good man.
in Newnan, GA |
Great experience. Casual and excellent bedside manner. Professional and very good with my husband. I really like the fact that he chose a conservative approach with my husband rather than rush to invasive procedures. Plus the medication he prescribed has really helped him.
in Fayetteville, Georgia |
First class service from the time I entered the office until the time I left. In for my annual checkup and I was in and out in 40 minutes. Staff is excellent - very clean office - Dr. Abbott is my urologist for life !!
in Fayetteville, GA |
Dr Abbott is a great human being and the consummate medical professional.. He takes time to thoroughly explain the situation and makes feel at ease with his manner. So glad he is seeing both my wife and me. Very comfortable with Dr Abbott..
in Fayetteville, GA |
Has the TRUE "bedside manner". Answers any questions and he does not rush your visit. His long time experience and knowledge is comforting.
in Milner, GA |
Dr. Abbott was thorough and kind. He has a calming demeanor that makes an ugly situation seem ok. He is reassuring and confident. We trusted him and his medical advice. Three days post-op and I'm already feeling better. Grateful God led us to him.
in Jonesboro, Ga. |
Dr. Abbott is excellent. He spends time with you and explains things to you so you can understand them. Also his staff and front counter are always friendly and great.
Mcdonough, GA |
Dr. Abbott is a wonderful person and an outstanding urologist. Unlike most doctors, Dr. Abbott listens to his patients. He answers any questions his patients have in layman's terms.
in Griffin, GA |
If you're looking for a physician who is absolutely knowledgeable, professional, demonstrates a sincere concern for his patients and is just simply friendly and down to earth, then without a doubt, Dr. Abbott's who you're searching for. He is a true GODSEND and I thank GOD for him and crossing or paths. GOD BLESS YOU, YOUR STAFF, AND YOUR FAMILY DR. ABBOTT!
Libertad, B |
I like Dr. Abbott, but trying to reach a live person by phone is not very easy. Whatever you need, you must leave a message, and who know when you will get a response.
in Newnan, GA |
Seeing Dr. Abbott for the first time was a trusted experience with all my questions answered and taking the time to listen to me. Dr. Abbott was courteous and knowledgeable which won my trust and confidence in him. I would highly recommend him.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Abbott cares about his patients. He is congenial and informative. His environment is clean and friendly. He is a good listener and motivator.
in Fayetteville, GA |
I am new in the area and was referred by my primary doctor and was extremely pleased with the welcome I got from the front desk, the thoroughness of the nurse who took my history but most of all, I was pleased with the the time Dr.Abbott took with me and how easy he is to talk to. I felt like he had known me for a long time during my first visit. I have been back several times since the referral meeting and have complete faith that he has my best interest at heart.
in Fayetteville, GA |
Dr Abbott is very understanding of my needs as a patient. He speaks in terms that I understand. I highly recommend Dr Abbott.
in Newnan, GA |
Thanks to my primary physician Frank Alena, M.D., Ph.D referral I had the great experience to meet Dr. John T. Abbott Jr., M.D. Dr. Abbott Jr. appeared very strait forward, knowledgable with clear explanation of possibilities concerning my situation.
in Peachtree City, GA |
Dr. Abbott is an excellent Doctor and is very thorough with his explanations of my condition. Dr. Abbott is my go to guy and I would recommend him to everyone!
Peachtree City, GA |
Dr. Abbott has a great philosophy of identifying issues, and then enabling the patient to choose the care plan to follow. I know not everyone will have options to choose from in every case, but when there are choices, it's great to understand the differences. He's prompt and his staff also has the same level of dedication and customer service that any patient wants in a doctor's office. I highly recommend this doctor.
in Atlanta, GA |
MY HUSBAND WAS A PATIENT ,HAD KIDNEY CANCER, AND MY HUSBAND IS DOING WELL, I HAD A CYSTOSCOPY THIS YEAR , ... AND I RECOMAND DR . ABBOT FOR MY DAUGHTER.
in Watkinsville, GA |
Dr. Abbott, Jr. and his nurse, Sheila, are very patient focused. They both put you at ease in a caring environment, explain what will transpire during the appointment and then follow-up with the appointment results.
in Fayetteville, GA |
I've been going to Georgia Urology seeing Dr Abbott for about 5 years. Dr Abbott is very thorough and professional.....
in Peachtree City, GA |
Dr Abbott is a very fine physician and individual and I highly recommend him and his practice.
in Peachtree City, GA |
Really like Dr. Abbot. Both my husband and I have used him for surgery. He communicates well, has a good bedside manner, and is very thorough. I would definitely recommend him.
in Griffin, GA |
The time to wait to see Dr Abbott was fantastic! Dr Abbott was very personable and spent time with me to answer all my concerns.
in Fayetteville, GA |
I am a 5-year Prostate Cancer carrier (2011 diagnosis). I have been a patient of Dr Abbott for the since 2007. We have worked together to watch my cancer with “Active Surveillance” in concert with my oncologist at MD Anderson. I’m a pilot and he has worked to keep my FAA Medical. Highly recommend Dr Abbott and his team.
Excellent experience with Dr. Abbott
in Hampton, ga |
Caring, very professional,
in Newnan, GA |
Dr Abbott is professional and thorough and takes no chances in the welfare of my health. He has successfully operated on me three times for kidney stones and helped me navigate prostrate and other urological issues over the past 7 years. When I lived out of State, I came back for treatment with Dr Abbott. I will go no where else!
in Tyrone, GA |
Dr Abbott's entire staff is very professional, personable and thorough. Dr Abott explains all test and procedures in terms patients can understand. Dr Abott has my and my family's full confidence in any and all treatment recommendations and procedures. He's very detailed and organized. He is an excellent doctor.
in Fayetteville, GA |
I have been with Dr Abbott for several years. He's experienced, knowledgeable, and caring. He takes the time to explain everything at a level I understand. I highly recommend him.
in Fayetteville, GA |
Dr Abbott was recommend to me as my urologist as my Dr. at Emory had moved to St Joseph's and I did not want to travel that far for treatment. I have not been disappointed. Dr Abbott is very professional and was prepared to spend time with me talking through all the possible treatment options with me. Dr. A. T. W.
in Fayetteville, GA |
Excellent. Dr. Abbott treats me with the care and understanding that I like to treat my own patients.
in Fayetteville, GA |
Dr Abbott treated me for incontinence and was very professional and explained all of my options. I chose to have surgery and it was a total success. He spent time explaining what would occur and took the time to answer my questions.
in Fayetteville, GA |
Excellent Urologist. Bed side manner is very professional. Very caring practitioner who is never in a rush and stays as long as necessary to answer your questions and give give you professional advice. Always a pleasure to see Dr. Abbott. One of the best of the Fayetteville Georgia Urology Doctors.
Great doctor!
Peachtree City, GA |
Just fine! He knows his medicine and genuinely cares about his patients. He takes the time to explain things to you.
in Riverdale, GA |
Great!!
in Fayetteville, GA |
Dr. Abbott is always concerned and listens to what you are saying.
in Fayetteville, GA |
I would have no hesitation recommending Dr. Abbott. Always a pleasure to see him and I have the upmost confidence in him.
in Fayetteville, GA |
Knowledgeable, straight forward, listened, gave solid advice.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Abbott takes special pains to explain technical information about your condition, to make sure you understand what is taking place with your medical condition. He is thorough, easy to talk to, and makes recommendations for his patient to consider.
in Fairburn, ha. 30213 |
Very professional, answered all questions and gave recommendations and options available to me.
in Atlanta, GA |
Excellent position. He is caring, interested in you as a person as well as your urological problem and easily accessible. He thoroughly explains each condition and/ or procedure and explains the risks and benefits of it well. I have never had difficulty getting a timely appointment. His office staff is polite and eager to serve. The office is well organized and dedicated to the patient.
Dr Abbott listened to my concerns. He explained my condition, and asked if I had any questions. We discussed my treatment options, thus, including me in my care plan.
Charlotte, NC |
great office staff. My experience with Dr. Abbott was very good.
in Fayetteville, GA |
Would recommend due to his professionalism, excellent office staff, and genuine interest.
in Riverdale, GA |
My last appointment was the first time I had seen Dr. Abbott for my annual check up. I was extremely happy with that visit. Dr. Abbott was everything I hoped he would be. He's very personable and professional. He took the time with me that was needed and made sure I had no questions. I hope to be able to see Dr. Abbott for many years to come.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Abbott made me feel so comfortable and was so genuine. He was thorough and I felt like I got the best care and suggestions possible.
Have you seen Dr. John Abbott Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Abbott Jr?

Blue Open Access POS
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
    Emblem Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
    Preferred PPO
  • Kaiser Permanente
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Meritain Health