Dr. Johan E. Brahme, MD

Dr. Johan E. Brahme, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male

La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre 9850 Genesee Ave Ste 130, La Jolla, CA 92037 Get Directions
(858) 452-1981

Learn about this Doctor

"My philosophy in patient care is essentially the application of the Golden Rule … to care for every single patient the way I would want my own family to be treated. My team and I make you the center of your plastic surgery experience. It is about your body, your life, your desires, and your decisions. You will find us honest, caring, highly experienced, and qualified; ask anyone who has been here."–Dr. Johan BrahmeRead more

Personal Bio

Dr. Brahme's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Brahme's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Brahme

Dr. Brahme accepts 8 insurance carriers

8 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Brahme has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Brahme

Dr. Brahme's Review Details
3.7 based on 3 responses
Experience with Dr. Brahme
Dr. Brahme's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (3)
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. Brahme is caring and compassionate. He is highly skilled, and his work is impeccable. I am thoroughly satisfied with my results!
Have you seen Dr. Johan E. Brahme, MD?
Are you Dr. Johan E. Brahme, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Brahme

Dr. Brahme says..

BOARD CERTIFICATIONS:

1990 American Board of Surgery

1994 American Board of Plastic Surgery

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abdominoplasty
  • Liposuction
  • Mini Tummy Tuck
  • Mommy Makeover
  • Neck Lift
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Sculptra™ Injection
  • Skin Resurfacing
  • Ultherapy®

No malpractice history found for California.

University Of California, San Diego, School Of Medicine

Completed in 1990

Completed in 1989

University Of California At San Diego

Graduated in 1977

Dr. Brahme has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brahme does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brahme and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Brahme's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  • Board certified in Plastic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Brahme

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Brahme's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Brahme

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Brahme says...

I was born into a family of physicians and spent all my young life around doctors and hospitals. I was born and raised in Malmo, Sweden. My father often took me to work with him when I was a small boy. I loved the way that good doctors were able to comfort and help the patients. When it came time for me to choose a career, there was no doubt in my mind that medicine was my path. I always loved science, art, and people… What better way to spend my life than practicing medicine. And plastic surgery in particular.

My family immigrated to the United States when I was in high school. We settled in San Diego, where my father was a professor at the UCSD medical school. Later, I went to UCSD myself both as a medical student and in plastic surgery. While I was training in plastic surgery, I became involved in a program called Interface, which focuses on providing cleft lip and palate surgery to poor children in Mexico. We travel to small clinics all over Mexico and perform life-changing operations. To this day, it has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. To light up a child's face with a new smile is a gift I am glad that I am able to give.

After completing UCSD, I decided to stay in San Diego and open my practice. I remained on the faculty at UCSD, advising and teaching residents. After a few years in solo practice, I was invited to join the prestigious La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre. I am happy to be part of the practice which was voted the best cosmetic surgery practice in San Diego by Union Tribune Readers 6 times from 2008 to 2014, and I am now the Medical Director. I have served as President of the San Diego Plastic Surgery Society and continue to be involved in the international outreach program Interface.

On the personal side, I have been married for 25 years to an exceptional woman: a physician and the mother of our two children, Lucas, 20, and Alexandra, 19. I play music with my kids and my father, and I am on the Board of Directors of the La Jolla Music Society. My passions are music, traveling, my family, and plastic surgery. I welcome you to the La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre and look forward to meeting you and discussing your desires and goals.

Dr. Brahme's Care Philosophy