Dr. Joey England, MD

Dr. Joey England, MD

Maternal-Fetal MedicineFemaleAge 40

Telehealth services available

Dr. Joey England, MD is a Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist in Houston, TX. Dr. England has more experience with Obstetric Care than other specialists in her area. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as The Woman's Hospital of Texas and HCA Houston Healthcare Cypress Fairbanks. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. England to book an appointment.

Maternal Fetal Consultants of Houston

Maternal Fetal Consultants of Houston7400 Fannin St Ste 930 Houston, TX 77054

• Practices at Top Hospital Labor and Delivery Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. England's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. England

4.4

Dr. England?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (21)
  • Office environment (21)
  • Staff friendliness (21)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (2)
Dr. England is a professional who cares. I have had a lot of experience in the past few years with good/bad doctors. Dr. England excels in patient treatment. She truly cares about the health of her patients and has a passion for her job. She listens to her patient and provides excellent services to meet the particular needs of their journey. She is attentive to each individual and the plan to best support mother and baby. She goes above and beyond in her care looking at the complete picture, taking into account the patient, patient history, and patient goals going forward. In addition, she is super supportive to her staff and the team that assists her in her work. She is respectful and professional with all those who surround her. Making the patient experience exceptional all the way around.
May 30, 2021
Thank you so much for your kind review. Your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
Every visit that I have is a pleasure Dr. England is wonderful her staff is incredible and I definitely highly recommend Dr. England
Melissa Moreno – May 25, 2021
Thank you so much for your kind review Mrs....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
As far as being in MFM she is good, but her bedside manner is horrible. She will guilt you into an induction when there is no medical reason for one. If you are of advanced maternal age or have an IVF pregnancy she will be sure to scare you of with talk of your placenta dying or still birth when there are no signs or issues with you or the baby. Just be fore-warned and advocate for yourself when dealing with her. I was 2 days past my due date and she acted like I was on the brink of losing my baby. Meanwhile, my scans and all monitoring of the baby showed that everything was fine. She asked me what I was waiting for, as if a woman going into labour naturally is an odd thing. I would never recommend her nor would I return to her if I get pregnant again.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 30, 2021
We are so sorry to hear that we made you feel...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
Dr. England is the best! When I found out I had a high risk condition halfway through my pregnancy and was going to have to go to a new doctor, I was filled with so much anxiety. Luckily my OB recommended Dr. England because from my first appointment on she made me feel extremely safe and cared for. Every single time I saw her she was on top of my care plan and made me feel like I was her priority. She took the time to explain things thoroughly and answer all my questions, all while being so down to earth and fun to get to know! She is very professional, knowledgeable, caring, relatable and extremely skilled at her craft which she takes very seriously. I’m so grateful to her for such a smooth and wonderful experience bringing my baby girl into the world.
Megan Smith – Aug 19, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
Dr. England is an absolutely amazing doctor and was a huge blessing during our high risk pregnancy. She is heaven sent. During such a very trying pregnancy, she was there every step of the way. She listened to our concerns and even made herself available at one point every morning during my unexpected 3 week hospital stay. She even made herself available after we were discharged from hospital. I love how she involved us too in every decision and valued our opinion. I recommend Dr. England for all high risk pregnancy patients!
Crystal Bright – Aug 15, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
I was referred to Dr E. (England) after being diagnosed with Gestational diabetes and labeled high risk. Of course, it being my first pregnancy I was nervous and did not know what to expect. No words can expressed my appreciation for the referral. Since my first appointment I felt heard, understood and valued. Dr. E was professional, educational and relatable. She took her time with me on each visit answering each question (and I had a ton!). She called me personally to follow up when need which was a plus! She informed me of what to expect on the day of delivery and she was right on! Everything went well and I welcomed my healthy baby girl in March 2020! I would recommend EVERY pregnant person to her! Thank you Dr E. YOUR the BEST!!!!!
Marian Aguwa – May 09, 2020
We are very pleased to hear about your pleasant...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
Dr. England was absolutely amazing. I had a tough pregnancy with my twins, and not only did she stay on top of my health and my girls well being she was there for me mentally and emotionally. She was such a blessing to myself and my girls. I would be more than happy to recommend Dr. England to anyone needing assistance in a high risk pregnancy. Thank you Dr. England for being such an amazing Doctor, and thank you for making my difficult pregnancy as smooth and worry free as possible.
Megan Hutchins – Mar 12, 2020
Thank you for the compliment of our physician. We...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
Dr. England is an absolutely amazing doctor. She truly cares about each and every patient and is very hands on with all her patients. She listens to every concern and makes herself available at any time she is needed. Dr. England was a true blessing during my high risk pregnancy. I recommend her to women with high risk pregnancies and even women who are trying to get pregnant.
Houston – Jun 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
I reccomend anyone who is having a rough pregnancy to allow Dr.England to become their doctor. She was very pleasant and stayed very professional throughout the course of my pregnancy. Dr. England is a very straightforward doctor but also very sensitive to your condition at hand. She has patience and explains herself and the condition you have throughly. I feel blessed and honored to have had her as my doctor. Dr.England performed a C-section on me in Jan. and she made the process seemed simply.
LaTandra Harrison in Humble, TX – Mar 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
Just called their office to make an initial appointment for pregnancy and they refused to schedule it as i didn't have a recommendation from my doctor. It's unclear on their website that i need it.
Ana in Houston – Mar 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
Dr England is outstanding. She is knowledgeable, detailed, personable, genuine, caring and very patient. Before we had our first visit with her, she spent a lot of time on the phone with my former doctor in Chicago to understand my specific issues. She laid out all the options we had and explained everything in detail. Throughout the pregnancy she took all my concerns seriously. Her and her staff were very responsive and wait times were short. My husband and I absolutely recommend her.
Richmond, TX – Apr 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
Dr.England is a great doctor. She genuinely cares about her patients both as a doctor as a person. She is knowledgeable and creates a patient specific care plan for the 9 months. She is easy to get in touch with when questions arose. I was very impressed when it came to my delivery. She was not on call but she drove into the hospital to deliver my baby. I would recommend her to everyone. We will be using her again for baby #2.
Lydia in Houston, TX – Apr 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
I am so happy that I had the chance to go under Dr. England care she took good care of my during my pregnancy I think she's the best doctor I have ever seen and the staff as well they are so nice I would recommend anyone to Dr England care she not only a doctor she treat you like family and with respect and her bed side manner's are the best
Jobbina Jackson in Houston, TX – Mar 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
Dr. England was an amazing doctor. I was sent to her after having an abnormal ultrasound early in my pregnancy. She was so understanding and comforting in a very sad situation. She explained all of our options and took the time to make sure we felt comfortable with our choices. Her care in the hospital was excellent and I always felt well taken care of.
Tiffany M in Houston, TX – Nov 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
I was a high risk pregnancy transferred to Dr. England in my 35th week. This was my first baby so making such a drastic change with both doctor and hospital would make any first time mom nervous. Dr. England made sure to put me at ease. She is personable and makes sure to explain and go over any concerns you may have. I trust her and her team completely and am happy I had such a caring Doctor deliver my daughter.
Cecily Ojeda in Houston, TX – Nov 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
Dr England is the best doctor. I wish I would have found her sooner and she could have delivered all my babies. She listened to my concerns and took time to explain things. She actually cared. I didn't feel like I was just another appointment. If I was to ever get pregnant again, I would definitely have her deliver my baby.
Amanda Dowlin in Houston, TX – Jun 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
Dr England is very caring and knowledgeable.
Houston, TX – May 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
Dr England helped me so much, we have never had a doctor who cared so much about us or got to know me so well. As soon as I started as her patient, my entire pregnancy became manageable and I looked forward to appointments for the first time since I'd gotten pregnant.
Houston, TX – Apr 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?
She let's her Nurse Practitioner do her work. I only seen this Doctor 1 time. I am trying to find another.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joey England, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. England?

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. England

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. England treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. England treats other conditions, please contact the office at (713) 795-5900.

Obstetric Care

Obstetric care specialists focus on the health of both mother and baby during pregnancy and through labor and delivery, including prenatal screening, treatment of complications, and vaginal or C-section delivery.Compare with other Obstetric Care specialists.

Dr. England is experienced in the area of Obstetric Care. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 21 conditions and procedures

Dr. England's conditions and procedures:

• Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
  • Adenomyosis
  • Amniocentesis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Bacteriuria Screening
  • Cervical Polyps
  • Chlamydia Infection Screening
  • Chlamydia Infections
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Mammography
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause Evaluation and Treatment
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy Non-Stress Test
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Tubo-Ovarian Abscess
  • Ultrasound
  • Urine Pregnancy Test
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Prolapse Surgery
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vaginosis Screening
  • Venous Thrombosis and Phlebitis in Pregnancy
  • Wound Repair

Dr. England accepts

Dr. England accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Preferred PPO
Medicaid
Premera Blue Cross
Heritage Signature

Dr. Joey England is a double board-certified Obstetrician Gynecologist and Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist. While she enjoys caring for all patients...Read more

• Maternal-Fetal Medicine