Dr. Joerg Stuebgen, MD

Dr. Joerg Stuebgen, MD

Neurology  |

Patrick Stübgen, MD received his medical degree (MB ChB) from The University of Pretoria, South Africa. He completed his medical internship at Grey's Hospital (Pietermaritzburg, South Africa). He completed his first Neurology residency training (MMed) at The University of Pretoria, South Africa. He completed a Neuromuscular Fellowship at The University of Pretoria, South Africa. He completed his doctoral thesis (MD) on limb girdle muscular dystrophy at The University of Pretoria, South Africa. He completed a second Neurology residency training program in Neurology at The New York-Presbyterian Hospital. He is certified by The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (also with subspecialty of Clinical Neurophysiology) and the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine.

520 E 70th St # Starrpavilion

• HealthPlus
  • HealthPlus Amerigroup
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Stuebgen

See how frequently Dr. Stuebgen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Trigeminal Neuralgia

Dr. Stuebgen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Stuebgen "Dr. Stübgen likes to focus on diagnostic challenges and a sensible, personalized/patient-oriented approach to care by combining diligent bedside neurological evaluation with appropriate state of the art supportive services and technology. His interest and publications are primarily (if not exclusively) in the field of Neuromuscular Diseases e.g., neuropathy, myopathy, myasthenia gravis, neck and back pain with/without radiculopathy. "

• Neurology

• Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari's Deformity
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University Of Pretoria Faculty Of Medicine South Africa
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Greys Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • University Of Pretoria, South Africa
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Stuebgen has no media or publications listed.

• Dutch
  • German

Dr. Stuebgen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stuebgen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stuebgen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stuebgen to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Stuebgen's Performance
    GOOD
I saw Dr Stuebbgen once as I was referred to him from my primary care doctor. He was very knowledgeable, however, he asked questions too fast and seemed frustrated and impatient when I couldn’t respond right away. I did not feel comfortable during the visit on a personal level, however, given his expertise in his field, I would still see him again for his treatment recommendations.
in New York, NY |
This is the second time I am writing this since the first time it did not seem to go thru. Dr. Stuebgen is a wonderful doctor. He is very intelligent, energetic, patient, kind, and an excellent diagnostician. He has a very nice bedside manner and really listens. Dr. Stuebgen gave me all the information I needed to get well and I felt so much better after having seen him. I highly recommend him. His staff is great too!
Jackson Heights, NY |
Think the world of Dr. Stuebgen. I've been seeing him for years for migraines. He listens carefully. Asks questions to clear up what I've said. Makes sure he has understood what I've said. I sooo appreciate that. Few do that. He's there if you need him.
New York, NY |
Rude, hostile and apparently unable to take a history without insulting the patient.
Sunnyside, NY |
Top doc! He explained his assessment, medications/their side effects (how many doctors do that anymore?), and let me feel in control of my decisions. He is thorough, concise, but makes sure to cover all his bases. People get upset because they aren't happy with what their doctor has to say but who's got the training and expertise? Not you! He's more than happy to listen to your thoughts, in fact, he specifically asked me what were my thoughts on what was causing the problem. Comprehensive!
Loved this doc! I've been in serious pain from herniated discs and needed to see a neurologist first to confirm there wasn't anything more wrong with me. No other doctor had time for two weeks but Dr. Stuebgen saw me within 2 days. He was very professional, knowledgable, great bedside manner, and took time to answer all of my questions. I would absolutely recommend him.
in Staten Island, NY |
I have been gong to Dr. Stuebgen for years and find him to be a thorough and highly competent physician. I have recommended him to both friends and family. When my son had neurological difficulties I sent him straight to Dr. Steubgen. I have the utmost confidence in him.
New York, NY |
Very rude and did not care about my health. Gave me lecture on how I should stop breast feeding my baby and give formula and how my husband and family should not help with baby. I should be able to take care of everything by myself. Are you kidding me? I can't believe Weil Cornell has this kind of doctors. On top of that, he kept on yelling at this woman who was working for him.
New York, NY |
Wonderful Doctor. Took plenty of time with us and asked excellent questions. Lovely manner. Smart and experienced. He will be our neurologist in the future.
in Woodside, NY |
Unsatisfactory experience with this doctor and his mediocre and limited expertise. I also see that the site scrubbed and removed previous negative comments from patients who were not satisfied with this doctor and his bedside manner (or lack thereof). Beware- do your research well before wasting your time in this doctor's office. Go see someone else. This man does not seem to be qualified enough or concerned enough to be allowed to work at Cornell. He's very sarcastic and dismissive.
in New York, NY |
I was referred to Dr. Stubgen by a family member. Dr. Stubgen pretty much saved his life. Dr. Stubgen is extremely intelligent he listens and asks questions. He is extremely thorough and gets straight to the point. He created a specific treatment plan for my migraines and did not load me up on unnecessary meds. He ordered an MRI and called me when he received the results. I am very happy with Dr. Stubgen and I would recommend him to my friends and family.
Very personable and informative
in New York, NY |
I saw Dr. Stubgen recently and he was 100% opposite from what the reviews below have mentioned. I'm glad I didn't read this before I went to see him. My experience was nothing like what these ppl have written. The physician was very patient. I will admit that he does get straight to the point but I rather know that the physician I'm seeing is focused on what I'm saying and automatically knows what I'm talking about. I don't want a physician that is guessing. Dr. Stubgen in my opinion is brillian
Bronx, NY |
He was extremely curt and dismissive, often cutting me off and being very sarcastic and accusatory. He did not seem to actually care about any of my symptoms except those that he wanted to focus on. He really just seemed like he wanted to get me out of his office.
Have you seen Dr. Joerg Stuebgen, MD?
Are you Dr. Stuebgen?

• Staywell (Wellcare)
    Oxford Liberty
  • Wellcare of Georgia

Hospitals where Dr. Stuebgen has admitting privileges

More Neurology Specialists like Dr. Stuebgen at The Neuromuscular Service at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center