Dr. Joel Young, MD

Dr. Joel Young, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Dr. Joel Young, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Rochester Hills, MI and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Wayne State University School of Medicine in 1989 and specializes in psychiatry, adolescent psychiatry, and more.

441 S Livernois Rd Ste 100

Rochester Hills, MI 48307

• HAP Insurance
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Young

See how frequently Dr. Young performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

ADHD and-or ADD
Bipolar Disorder
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Young's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry
  • Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Geriatric Psychiatry

• Forensic Psychiatry
  • Geriatric Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Wayne State University School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1989

Dr. Young has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Young does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Young and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Young's Reviews

3.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Young to family and friends

Dr. Young's Performance

The most condescending, arrogant doctor you can find - anywhere - Staff is inappropriate and apparently hired for reasons unrelated to competence. Seems driven to lower self esteem of patients. Find someone else.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at our clinic. To denigrate an office staff of dozens, many of whom have been with us for decades and are highly proficient at their jobs, seems a bit unfair, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion. We stand by the care we deliver to our patients and wish you the best of luck in your care.

The staff and Doctors and nurses that I have had my experiences with have been great and helpful. They are very accommodating. It’s been a blessing for me and those I love to have this place to help me. Thank you!!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I am a 21 year old female with unsolved health concerns. And that right there was enough for Dr. Young to show me nothing but disrespect. He had no care about what I had to say and the last time I visited him he made me feel so incredibly stupid by making snarky comments about how he's the doctor...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option6thumbs down icon option0

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience here. Although it may not have come across to you during your visit, we can assure you that Dr. Young cares a great deal about his patients and their well-being. Physicians need to be confident in their treatment plans and medical advice for their patients, we apologize if that came across as anything but genuine concern for your well-being. We wish you the best of luck in your treatment.

I was an ordinary patient of ordinary means but your team takes care of me as if I was the most important person on earth. Thank you so very much for taking care of me and being so skilled at what you do. Every day of my life will be better because of Kendra especially. Thank you is not nearly...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Young is very thorough, asks appropriate questions and explains his reasoning of moving forward with specific care. I always feel a part of the decision making.