Dr. Joel Young, MD

Dr. Joel Young, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Rochester Ctr Behavioral Med 441 S Livernois Rd Ste 100 Rochester Hills, MI 48307 Get Directions

Dr. Joel Young, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Rochester Hills, MI. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Young is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Royal Oak Campus.

Dr. Young's Experience

See how Dr. Young's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Young

Dr. Young accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Young has admitting privileges.

Dr. Young's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Young to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Young's Performance
Novi, MI |
I was an ordinary patient of ordinary means but your team takes care of me as if I was the most important person on earth. Thank you so very much for taking care of me and being so skilled at what you do. Every day of my life will be better because of Kendra especially. Thank you is not nearly enough
Milford, MI |
Dr Young is very thorough, asks appropriate questions and explains his reasoning of moving forward with specific care. I always feel a part of the decision making.
in Birmingham, MI |
I have been seeing the staff at RCBM for over a decade now. In fact, I was one of their first 100 patients! There's a reason I've stuck with Dr. Young and his professional, caring staff, and I can confidently say that without them, I would not be the healthy, living individual that I am today. I have switched from seeing Dr. Young over to one of his PAs, Aliya Pasik, and she is taking excellent care of me in maintaining my stability and working to find the right meds for me. Thank you, RCBM.
Rochester, MI |
Kendra Neimi, who works directly with Dr. Young, is one of the best and most caring nurse practitioners to have treated me. She goes above and beyond to create a comfortable environment that allows me to freely open up as a patient, so to receive the most proper treatment plan. I am fortunate to work with her.
in Farmington Hills.MI |
First rate facility. My step daughter had been seeking help for several years but only got the right diagnosis and treatment when she went to this clinic. Dr. Young was very patient and thorough. My step daughter is also in therapy with Mindy and is making a lot of progress. RCBM also has a very kind and efficient front office. We are grateful to have found this office.
Royal oak |
Compassionate staff, professional and comfortable office. Glad to have found this practice.
in Rochester Hills, MI |
Dr. Young is a kind man and I feel lucky to finally be put with him to get real help. If from time to time he seems engrossed in his screen, think about it---if he sees a patient every 20 minutes, in just one 40 hour week that's 120 patients. That's a radically high amount of details on meds and dosages to keep track of and there could be dire consequences if he gets it wrong---so chill out, he's not being rude, he's caring about you enough to be sure it's right. He gets to be human, too. ; )
The staff themselves were very personable, friendly, and helpful and earned both of the stars that were given. Joel Young was none of these things and an absolute waste of my time. Literally the closest he came to being helpful was by volunteering somebody else to a study that would have been handled by somebody else anyway. Incredibly rude and arrogant, and funnily made it basically impossible to miss the fact that he has a book for sale. It would not at all be 'ethical' to recommend him.
I appreciate your compliments on our staff and are sorry that you were disappointed in your visit with the me. I am sorry if I came across as rude or arrogant. That was never my intention, and I appreciate you pointing this out to me. Not every physician and patient relationship is a good fit. I wish you good luck for the future and hope you find a provider who can meet your needs.
Has helped me more than any other doctors. Actually listens to me.
in Utica, MI |
Dr Young, his office and staff are a dynamic system. All are relational, compassionate, genuine and authentic in patient connection. As a patient, you are important, relevant and informed. You are given the best care, insight and aid in overcoming your defining challenge. The knowledge and resources within RCBM are like none other. I would highly recommend RCBM for you, someone you care about or your family.
in Auburn Hills, MI |
Dr. Young's professionalism, knowledge, and genuine and heart felt caring of his patients well-being, is unsurpassed by any doctor I've previously seen.
in Bloomfield Hills, MI |
Dr. Young is the best doctor I have yet to go to. He has helped me immensely. He is very educated and I fully trust him and his professional opinion. He makes you feel comfortable, and he listens to your concerns. The office is a warm, inviting atmosphere and the front office staff is very friendly and helpful. They have been more than accommodating. By far the best experience I have had!
in Bloomfield Hills, MI |
Dr. Young changed my life! I seriously cannot say enough about Rochester Center for Behavioral Medicine. The office staff is very personable and make me feel like I'm visiting friends when I come in for appointments.
Was not personable at all and sat behind his computer for the entire appt.
Have you seen Dr. Joel Young, MD?

Compare Dr. Young

Dr. Young's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Forensic Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry and Psychiatry
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Young has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Young's Board Certifications

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Anorexia
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Wayne State University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Young does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Young and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry
  • Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Geriatric Psychiatry

• Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)