Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Joel Williams, MD
Dr. Joel C. Williams brings seven years of training and passion for complex fracture care, post-traumatic deformity, pelvis and acetabular surgery, and complex hip surgery to Rush University Medical Center. Dr. Williams is a native of Michigan and graduated from the Michigan State University Honors Program. He then attended medical school at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York. There, he was awarded a Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship and spent a year doing basic science research. Dr. Williams' surgical training began at the University of California, Davis Medical Center, where he completed his residency in orthopedic surgery. While a resident, he did a research fellowship and was awarded a grant from the Orthopaedic Trauma Association to investigate fracture healing. Additionally, he was awarded a traveling fellowship from the AO Trauma Foundation to study orthopedic traumatology in Chur, Switzerland with Dr. Cristoph Sommer. After residency, Dr. Williams stayed at UC Davis for his trauma fellowship and learned how to care for acute fractures, multiply-injured patients (polytrauma), fractures that do not heal (nonunions) or heal incorrectly (malunion) from a world-class team. After completing his trauma fellowship, he went to Seattle, WA to learn from Keith Mayo, M.D. and Tania Ferguson, M.D. There, he continued to expand his trauma, nonunion and malunion skill sets, and developed his complex hip surgery techniques. Along with being a member of the Emerging Leaders Program with the American Orthopaedic Association, Dr. Williams continues to be a proactive member within the Orthopaedic Trauma Association and AO Trauma North America. He has given numerous lectures and presentations across the United States, and has written for many publications such as Orthopedics, Injury (International Journal of the Care of the Injured), and The Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma.

Rush

1611 W Harrison St Ste 300

Learn about Dr. Williams

Dr. Williams' Experience

Dr. Williams' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Orthopedic Fracture Care
  • Orthopedic Hip Surgery

Dr. Williams does not have any board certifications listed.

• Hip Arthritis

• Hip Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Hip Surgery
  • Osteotomy
  • Pelvic Surgery

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of Ny Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • University Of California Davis Medical Center
  • Swedish Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of California Davis Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Williams has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Williams has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Williams does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Williams and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Williams' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Williams to family and friends
Dr. Williams' Performance
in Chicago, IL |
I was lucky to have had Dr. Williams as my surgeon. I do not think I would have recovered as quickly without his expert care. After a severe injury to my ankle after a motorcycle crash he had me in the surgical suite two days after I limped into the ER. The procedure was minimally invasive for the injury and done without any complication. I would and have recommended him to my family for their orthopedic needs.
Dr Williams has been instrumental in getting me back on my feet. After suffering a motorcycle injury to the tibula and knee, Dr Williams has rid me of infection once left by a the original surgeon on call in a different hospital. Love this mans bedside manor,and his most competent staff. Dr Williams office personnel are second to none.
in Lake in the Hills, IL |
Dr. Williams is an excellent diagnostician! My son had been diagnosed wrongly by a different Dr. As soon as Dr. Williams listened to my sons shoulder he ordered an MRI because he suspected a bone tumor. His instincts were correct. My son had the tumor removed the following week. Dr. Williams' whole team was helpful and professional. Everything went smoothly and we could not be more grateful to Dr. Williams and his team! I WILL recommend him to everyone I know.
in Crown Point, IN |
I requested transfer to Rush in Sept. 2016 with multiple traumatic pelvic and arm fractures. After meeting Dr. Williams I knew that I had made the right decision. His care, professional expertise, and skill are the reason I am again walking, running and cycling. Dr. Williams strives for perfection and is one of the most compassionate physicians I have ever met.
in Chicago, IL |
I was in a bad accident that left me incapacitated/unable to walk. I was in torturous pain with a badly broken pelvis. I was transferred to Rush/Midwest Ortho for surgery with Dr. Williams. Most of the surgical pain was gone within 24 hours. I was out of bed 48 hours after surgery and able to walk with a walker and sit in a chair. Incisions were tiny and still fading. Dr. W has a great personality and I trusted him right away even though there wasn't much time to meet him before surg.
in Chicago, IL |
This past September, I fractured my femur, separated my shoulder and broke my arm on a one-wheel motorized skateboard. I was so fortunate to find Dr. Joel Williams and the orthopedic group at Midwest Orthopaedics. My leg required surgery and Dr. Williams made me as comfortable as I could be with such a traumatic injury. He took his time explaining what damage I had done on my leg and what I could expect during surgery. The surgery went as well as could be expected, and I was allowed to immed
in Chicago, il |
Very kind and helpful. Took time to discuss my issues and what was happening and going to happen during and after surgery.
in Naperville, IL |
I found myself delivered to Rush University Hospital via an ambulance with a fractured femur. Not exactly something I would recommend; however, if you find yourself in the need of amazing emergency room care, hospital card, and an amazing trauma surgeon I am please to give high praise to Dr. Joel Williams and his team at Rush University Hospital. There were numerous unknowns when I came into the hospital. And to be honest I was just plain scared. But once I was in Dr. Williams care I felt
Have you seen Dr. Joel Williams, MD?
Are you Dr. Williams?