Dr. Joel Saper, MD

Dr. Joel Saper, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Joel Saper, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Ann Arbor, MI. He is 74 years old and has been practicing for 48 years.

3120 Professional Dr

Ann Arbor, MI 48104

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Saper

See how frequently Dr. Saper performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Headache

Dr. Saper's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Polyneuropathy

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Occipital Nerve Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago
    Medical School | Graduated 1969
  • Michael Reese Hospital And Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1970
  • University of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1973

Dr. Saper has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Saper does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Saper and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Saper's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Saper to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Saper's Performance
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Dr. Saper was easy to communicate with and knew to focus on my cognitive complaints (aphasia) and not just migraine pain. The treatments seem to be working well and I am happy.
Brighton, MI |
True egomaniac! Saper considers himself too important to be bothered with accepting Medicare putting the burden of paying $200-400 for a ten minute visit on his Medicare patients. Everyone must agree with him because he has no problem dismissing patients, with no meds or support, while those patients try to find another doctor. There is a definite air of fear among the staff who warn patients to be careful about what you say around him.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
I appreciated how much the clinical staff worked as I team. I also appreciated how much they involved me and listened to my feedback. Going to rounds every morning was a very positive and valuable experience.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Everyone cares and listens.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Extremely helpful through the process and kept me updated daily.all very good experience Thank you for everything I have new hope for my journey.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
After bring admitted to two prior headache clinics in the years past, I was very pleased with the care from MHNI. From the staff greeting you, to Dr Saper, everyone was professional, caring and took me seriously.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
The team approach directed by Dr. Saper was able to determine the root cause of the headaches and provide treatment after several diagnostic procedures. I have yet to see what the durability of the treatment is and required frequency. Still not sure of the relevance of concerns over vitamin B etc. which have never been an issue with my Family Physician in the past when the headaches date back 30 years.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Nursing staff was great! They were patient with all my questions and helped make my stay better. The other clinical staff were also great with their follow ups too. Dr. Saper/ weekend rounding doctors did a good job at updating my treatment plan by using the feedback I was giving them and their own idea of what was going on. Overall a good experience and so happy to have been able to get in so quickly.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Dr.Saper was very good he locked down my treatment plans and helped me feel pain free, I felt very safe here and helped. Simple place, great doctors, good nurses all around very helpful place. If you suffer from headaches/chronic pain I would recommend you try this program, it helped me a lot.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Dr. Saper is a gift - I wish him much more success in the future.
execellet.
easy to talk too.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
This medical staff and hospital was like no other experience I have had over the years. It was above and beyond expectation, care, kindness, and immediate assistance. Prompt care to the medical concerns you seek treatment. Thank you so much for everyone, housekeeping, cafeteria, axillary staff, nurses, Dr's, etc.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
The doctors here st mhni sre very knowledgeable and understsnfing to needs and cares of the patient. They work on finding the core issuses n.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
The first morning of Rounds was confusing and a little frustrating because I did not understand what to expect and the dr could not offer me much info so my anxiety was high. Every day after that was great though. Dr. Saper and the whole team were calming, informative, cheerful, and great to work with.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
i thought the care team was very well organized and coordinated. Could have used more time for questions and discussion of side effects, but overall I felt 'heard' which is what is most important.
Parker, CO |
The clinic is run out of Mobil office trailers and the hospital is not to far. They were unable to do anything for my Tbi. I would not recommend. To top it off they do not honor reasonable and customary rates paid out by insurance companies. I felt they took advantage of me.
We see the most challenging cases from across the US; having helped many patients unable to receive benefit from their local doctors. We wish we could cure all of our patients. We can't. No doctor can.We do our best to manage expectations upfront. We explain the carrier's benefits. Every carrier is different. Even when a carrier provides limited benefits, we work with the patient to make it less challenging.We have helped thousands of patients who know our doctors and our reputation.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
I would not change anything staff is great.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Wonderful staff always willing to help.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Showed concern for patient. Explained reasons for medicine use.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Very comforting, answers questions.
in Redford, MI |
Dr. Saper is brilliant. He is personable, kindhearted and very knowledgeable. When I am in his care I feel I am in really good hands.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
The doctors here listen, and react to what you say. My head pain was resolved quickly.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
I found it to be a great experience, I really felt I was a part of my care.
Have you seen Dr. Joel Saper, MD?

Visit Dr. Saper