Dr. Joel Metelits, MD

Internal MedicineMaleAge 71

Internal Medicine

Dr. Joel Metelits, MD is an Internal Medicine Specialist in Phoenix, AZ and has over 43 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH / MAIN CAMPUS in 1980. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Joel Metelits, MD

Arizona Wellness Anesthesia Group

6245 N 16th St Phoenix, AZ 85016

Compare with other Internal Medicine Specialists

Compare Dr. Metelits with our nearby Internal Medicine Specialists at St. Joseph's Hospital And Medical Center.

Make an appointment at St. Joseph's Hospital And Medical Center today at (602) 385-0976.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of St. Joseph's Hospital And Medical Center.

Dr. Metelits' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Metelits

I have been a patient of Dr. Joel Metelits for many years. I have found him to be truly a doctors doctor. He has immersed himself in the diagnosis and treatment of complex sleep disorders. I had suffered with a sleep disorder for many years Dr. Metelits finally properly diagnosed and treated my challenging combination of sleep problems. After being successfully treated, I finally realized what it was like to get a truly refreshing and restorative night’s sleep for the first time in my adult life! I cannot thank Dr. Metelits enough for the way that he has changed my life. He is truly one of the finest doctors that I have ever met.
Mark Chase DDS – Jun 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
Dr. Metelits has been the primary physician for my wife and me for 30 years. He spends as much time as it takes to interact with his patients and perform a diagnosis. After one hospital missed the correct diagnosis of a brain problem I was having, he contacted a physician at Barrows Neurological Institute, conducted some tests on me in his office with their doctor on the phone, and arranged for an appointment. This action undoubtedly saved my life. I was losing consciousness in the Barrows office when they had me admitted at St. Joseph's hospital. When I left the hospital over a month later, Dr. Metelits phoned me after hours to get an update on my condition. He is extremely competent and he cares.
David Egolf – Jun 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
Dr Mettilles has been my doctor for over 28 year. I think that says eveything.
Jesse A – May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
I have been getting sleep advice from Dr. Metelits since the Punic Wars, and I can assure you, apart from Hippocrates, his caduceus is the Best in the West.
Tom Turk – May 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
It's difficult to write about my over 25-year history with Dr. Metelits without appearing as if I'm a relative. He accepted me, at the time a Type One diabetic for thirty-nine years, as a patient and guided me as my quarterback. During the time I was under his care, I experienced eye laser treatments, loss of sight in one eye, artery stenting, eight (yes 8), vessel open-heart surgery, degenerative lumbar disks and congestive heart disease. Dr. Metelits always was available for consult and he expressed true interest in my physical and medical well-being. I have written the above to provide to the reader the manner in which Dr. Metelits relates to his patients as he continues to bring to them a high degree of concern for their welfare with an approach that is easy to understand and accept.
John K, Sun City West – May 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
Dr Metelits has diagnosed sleep problems, which are complex and severe, and has straightened out my sleep with persistent and continuous refinements. I now sleep great.
May 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
Dr. Metelits is a one of a kind physician who spends whatever time is necessary to address all his patients' questions and needs. Wish there were more like him.
May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
Dr Metelits is a terrific physician. He saw my husband for 24 years with his complex medical problems. He was caring and creative in treating my husband. We always appreciated Dr Metelits.
P. D. Altman – Mar 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
Dr. Metelits has been my PCP and my wife's for 20+ years. He is the most thorough doctor I've ever had and continues to try to improve my sleep even though I'm very happy with the improvements we've made. You will be very happy with Dr. Metelits as your sleep doctor. Randy Black
Randall Black – Mar 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
I had the fortune to have Dr. Metelits as my doctor for the last 15 years; initially as my Primary Care Physician and currently as my Sleep Doctor. He was astute enough to accurately identify the factors that contributed to my poor sleep and came up with methods to minimize their effect. As a result, the quality of my sleep became significantly better and with it my life overall. Being an engineer and inquisitive I came to the appointments with a list of questions and never left with any unanswered ones. I found Dr. Metelits to be patient, compassionate and always responsive to the needs of the patient.
Alfred Brenneise, Phoenix – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
Dr. Metelits has treated four generations of my family, and, many friends as a PCP/Internist. His care and compassion for his patients is rare, as is his tenacity for finding answers when one is told there are none. So, I was happy to hear the announcement of his new practice, Repose Sleep Medicine. Sleep is very underrated when trying to find a healthier balance in life. Dr. Metelits stays at the forefront of sleep medicine, helping patients address even the most significant problems with their health and quality of life. I would strongly encourage you to make an appointment with Dr. Metelits if you are looking for the highest quality treatment possible.
Angie T. – Feb 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
Dr. Metelits is by far the best doctor that we have ever seen. He takes the time to get to know his patients and what their major concerns are. His ability to zero in on diagnosing areas of concern is right on.! He is by far the finest doctor that we have ever had the privilege to see. He is the most intelligent , honorable, caring doctor we have ever been lucky enough to see. You will never find a more caring doctor in this valley.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Catherine Reck – Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
Dr. Metelits cares more about your sleep than anyone else does. He listens, and he will find a way for you to sleep better and feel better. He's been our doctor for nearly 20 years, and we'd take a bullet for him because he cares.
Dec 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Metelits for twenty years. For a period of time, we were treated by other physicians due to insurance issues. During that time, my wife was being treated by another physician and was going days without sleep - only sleeping for a few hours after she was totally exhausted. During one of my visits to Dr. Metelits, I asked him to look at her micorSD card from her sleep machine. Dr. Metelits reviewed her sleep data and asked if he could see her. He quickly determined that she was suffering from Sleep Apnea and Restless Leg in addition to using the wrong sleep equipment. After months of optimizing her treatment, she was sleeping 7-9 hours a night and her pain from fibro-myalgia was improved. Dr. Metelits is dedicated to improving his patients' quality of life. He will spend as much time with his patients as necessary. Dr. Metelits understands and is dedicated to treating sleep disorders, restless leg, fibro-myalgia and their interaction.
T Frey – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
Wow. I've had the good fortune of having Dr. Metelits as my primary care physician for 30+ years. This man truly cares about you, your life and your family. He's thorough, knowledgeable, sincere and caring. I am thrilled beyond words that he has a sleep clinic now! I would say that Dr. Metelits changed my life. I was the epitome of "living tired". I was sedate for many years and he saw it. Since my sleep treatment started, mind you this was still when he was focusing on internal medicine, I have slept better, felt better, performed better at work and been more engaged with life in general. But there is still more work to be done. So Dr. Metelits, here I come! You truly are the best doctor. For those of you who are tired all the time, this is the guy you MUST see - and fast.
Greg Hathaway – Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
I had been seeing a sleep doctor for a long time and I was having horrible results Dr. Metelits my primary physician asked if he could see my sleep study report in doing so he discovered that not only was the machine set incorrectly but that it was not the proper machine for me in the first place he aided me in getting the correct machine and changed my life
Chris Harvey in Glendale, AZ – Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
As a specialist in internal medicine, I thought I knew about obstructive sleep apnea. I was wrong. My original sleep doctor retired and my wife said that my mask leaks were waking her. None of my adjustments worked. Thank goodness I found Dr. Metelits. I was very happy with my previous sleep doctor, but I have to say that Dr. Metelits is superior. His depth of knowledge of the subject, the level of detail in my history that he elicits, the extent of the effort he has made to ensure that my equipment is working perfectly for me and my wife… is really quite extraordinary. I give Dr. Metelits my highest recommendation.
Michael Garrett M.D. – Oct 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
Dr Metelitis is the best doctor my husband and I have ever had. He is always caring and concerned with your health. He spends so much time answering any questions that you may have. You are never rushed. He is truly a God sent.
Rose Ann Ostapovich – Oct 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?
Dr Metelits has been both my husband's and my Physician for 30 years. He is one of the most dedicated and caring medical professional I have known. He spends quality time and explains each issue of concern in a way that is easy to understand. There is always a plan of card to following at the end of every appointment.
Avondale – Feb 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Metelits, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Metelits?