Dr. Joel Hurt, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4 after 77 reviews.
Author:
Dr. Hurt takes the time to LISTEN to me, and clearly explains my issues and options. I wish he weren’t so specialized and could be my primary care physician!
Author:
I underwent bilateral knee replacements by Dr. Hurt last year and outcome was excellent. My wife had both knees replaced this year with the same result. We think Dr. Hurt is the best...he's a great surgeon and a very good man. His prayers before the procedures were comforting and reassuring. He is five star all the way!
Author:
I can't express how good Dr. Hurt and Molly were for both of my Total Knee Replacements they explained everything in detail. I would recommend anyone needing this type of surgery to seek out these Great people. I had all this done in less than 5 months with very little pain and full motion in both knees. Fantastic!
Author:
Good staff, great location for me. Dr. Hurt has treated me before very happy with his performance.
Author:
Dr Hurt..you may laugh at his name . That being said Dr Hurt is amazing. He put my severely broken shoulder back together and it works better than it did before ..oh at age 64 and still going strong. And got a t shirt
Author:
I had my knee replacement July 15, 2019 by Dr. Joel Hurt. The surgery was done by Dr. Hurt at St. David's Surgical Center in Austin. He was very professional and explained every step of the surgery. I felt very confident in Dr. Hurt and was very pleased that he prayed with me before the surgery. I thought that was top notch on his part. It is August 27, 2019 and I have been release by Dr. Hurt. He is a very caring doctor and very knowledgeable. If you are considering knee replacement, look no further, he's your man. Thank you Dr. Hurt.
Author:
Excellent, professional, communicative, kind, highly skilled and truly caring surgeon whom I highly recommend
Author:
Willing to listen to patient... Warm "bedside manner"... not eager to do surgery until truly needed
Author:
I had been dealing with a workers comp situation. I had gone to an emergency room and an urgent care center before I received a referral to Dr. Hurt. When I went into his Austin office I waited no more than five minutes and maybe two more in his exam room before he arrived, he took one look at my knee and told me I had a ruptured quad tendon and needed surgery. He clearly explained the surgery and said I would need an MRI to confirm and see the severity of the injury.The office staff took over and they were like a well oiled machine working through the bureaucracy of workers comp. After the MRI and approval from WC I scheduled surgery, the team at the surgery center were incredible from the nurses to the anesthesiologist to P.A . Molly whom did such a good job closing the incision it is hardly visible. The surgery has been very successful I am back to my everyday lifestyle, and I would recommend Dr. Hurt and his staff to anyone.
Author:
100% would recommend Dr. Hurt.
Author:
Dr Hurt, PA Molly and the entire staff are caring and thorough. I have had both knees replaced and I couldn’t conceive of having a better surgeon.
Author:
Awesome experience! Was pleased to find Ortho in Marble Falls.
Author:
Great! I would highly recommend him to neighbors and friends. Takes time with patients and does a great job explaining. Office staff is great also.
Author:
Dr Hurt has been treating me for Arthritis in both knees and in my shoulder. He has been kind and patient explaining every step of what needs to be done. Especially since I was really nervous about the treatment. I would highly recommend Dr Hurt.
Author:
Dr Hurt is kind, caring, competent and willing to listen. My fear of surgery has changed to excitement for a great outcome!
Author:
Dr Hurt has replaced both my knees and I am moving with confidence and pain free. It is GREAT!!!!! He is the best and spends time answering questions, going over the surgery and what to expect post surgery. I love watching my step counter every day as I increase my distance and speed every week.
Author:
I met him for the first time today while there with a friend. He seemed to be in a hurry to get out of the room. They did x-rays and didn't show them to us. My friend is a visual person and his explanation just wasn't good. I personally have an orthopedic doctor that is the opposite of all of this.
Author:
Highly recommend. Caring interaction with patients. Takes time to explain in a manner I can easily understand.
Author:
Dr. Hurt has performed two surgeries on me over the past 2 years. I couldn’t hope for a better experience with either. He explained the technichal aspects of the injuries and treatment paths at a level that I understood, enabling me to make the right decisions. Dr. Hurt and his staff have exceeded my expectations at every step of my treatment.
Author:
Listened thoroughly and was helpful and decisive in making decisions that gave me the best possible outcome for my knee problem . Dr. Hurt and entire staff and office personnelI were very courteous and helpful. I got his name from a friend of my son in law. I have not had surgery but will come back to let everyone know how that turns out.
Author:
Excellent sports medicine Doctor!!!!! Have referred many to him...He has taken care of a multitude of different injuries including a surgery that have kept me active in Equestrian riding....Wouldn't trade him for Anything! Office always gets me in right away, all staff is friendly and efficient!
Author:
Wise listener, thorough, helpful and decisive in making decisions that give the best possible outcome for your specific problem as well as how it affects your life. Dr. Hurt and entire staff and office personnel were wonderful helping my 92 year old mother with a successful outcome to a difficult knee problem. I got his name from a friend who had him do her hip surgery, and I confidently pass along a whole hearted recommendation.
Author:
Dr. Hurt is a patient, knowledgeable, and caring physician. He takes time to discuss the available treatments for you and helps you make an informed decision about your care. I highly recommend him.
Author:
Dr. Hurt performed a knee replacement on me last April...All went smoothly..I did have a little problem getting the pain meds, but learned I just had to start a week before I needed them bc of federal laws regarding opiods. I chose him because I had heard that he was excellent and would even pray with you before surgery...unheard of in my medical experiences. Choose him!!!!
Author:
I’m pleased to recommend across-the-board the services of Texas Orthopedics. With all components housed at one location (NW Austin) and delivered with warmth and kindness, I couldn’t be more satisfied. I’ve had a knee replacement, shoulder replacement, and am scheduled for surgery on my other shoulder—all under the care of Joel H. Hurt, M.D.
Author:
Dr. Hurt has been tremendous in every way regarding my healthcare. He was very careful to listen and understand my shoulder pain complaints. Helped provide immediate pain relief and then worked through conservative options. After conservative options were exhausted, offered but never pushed surgical treatment. Went through pros and cons of all different options and I chose surgery. His surgical skills are absolutely top notch and I have had a wonderful result.
Author:
I was recommended to Dr. Hurt for my knee specifically from my PT. Dr. Hurt spent the time to go through my ailments step by step and even drew it out for me so I could completely understand. He in no way pressured my into surgery and usually when I meet with surgeons that’s the first thing they recommend. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Hurt for knees specifically.
Author:
Dr. Hurt and all the staff at Texas Orthopedics demonstrated a level of competence, professionalism, efficiency and care that I have rarely experienced before when dealing with medical professionals. I highly recommend this group.
Author:
I visited two Physicians before meeting Dr. Hurt. The level of care that Dr Hurt has provided has been outstanding. I will continue to see Dr Hurt for treatment of my osteoarthritis.
Author:
Dr Hurt helped relive my knee pain. He is extremely professional, knowledgeable and he listened to me. I found him, and his entire staff, very compassionate and efficient. I would highly recommended Dr. Hurt's services
Author:
Dr. Hurt is calm. He listens to everything I want to say. Then he asks questions that help lead him to a diagnosis. He gave me options to consider, answered more questions , then let me decide my journey. He has a caring demeanor. He performed surgery and I was/am totally satisfied so far. He chose a hospital of which I had never heard. Skeptical, but trusting, I agreed. It was so welcoming. Every thing about St. David’s Surgical Hospital was great. As was Dr Hurt.
Author:
Dr Hurt is a caring, excellent physician. He listened to what I wanted and adjusted his procedure accordingly. My outcome was excellent. He takes time with you! You see HIM not a PA?????I am back to normal activities
Author:
I am 73 and Dr. Hurt did my second knee replacement (different knee). The pre-0p, scheduling, surgery and physical therapy were as good as one can expect. I was in the hospital for a little more than a day, walking (with a walker or cane) within two days, and walking without assistance within four. Pain was no more than one would expect and was well controlled. I was able to quit paid medication within four days. I would unqualifiedly recommend Dr. Hurt if you are thinking about a knee repl
Thank you for sharing your experience with Dr. Hurt! We are so happy to hear you are doing well after surgery.
Author:
Dr. Hurt is amazing! Was taken to the room very quickly, and saw Dr. Hurt quickly! Diagnosed my issue and provided a treatment. Within 1 day after appointment I was already improving! He explained my diagnosis in layman a terms and the initial treatment he recommended and explained what the next steps would be if needed. Will definitely recommend Dr. Hurt to my friends and family.
Author:
Dr Hurt has helped me in healing painful hip bursitis. Thank you Dr Hurt and your team for serving Marble Falls. Margy Cesario
Author:
Love Dr. Hurt. He is a very caring and kind man. I had hip replacement and it went so smoothly and I was on my feet in no time. (Seriously, like 2 weeks later I was going anywhere I wanted to go).
Author:
Dr Hurt has been good through the whole process however I cannot say the same for his office staff. They do not seem to care about me or answering any of my questions. Will not return phone calls and always acts like I am nothing but a bother. Cannot even get my surgery scheduled so I still lay here in pain.
Author:
Dr Hurt performed my surgery last year. He is a wonderful doctor.
Author:
Dr. Hurt spends less than 5 minutes with you and does not listen to what you have to say. Horrible patient care. I share the same sentiments as the other 1-star reviews here, stay away!
Author:
Horribly uncaring impatient egotistical man who will overtalk you when you are trying to give him a medical history or explain the problem. Amazing lack of care, concern, only interested in getting you out the door so he can get the next co-pay in his office. Waste of time and beyond no help. Ignored the results of an MRI and had me walking on a broken knee for days. What is up with that? Not just bad care but caused more damage and pain by ignoring his basic duty to patient care. stay away!
Author:
Don't let his name fool you! Dr. Hurt is not only a great doctor, he is a great person. He replaced both of my knees within a six month period, and gave me my life back after ten years of painful misery. His skills and knowledge are current, and he only recommends knee replacements when the patient is ready. He is compassionate, articulate and top notch across the board. I am 100% satisfied with Dr. Hurt's care both before and after my surgeries.He always takes the time to answer questions.
Author:
My experience with Dr. Hurt was horrible. Neither he nor his staff really listened to what I had to say and seemed to be uncaring about the amount of pain I was suffering.