Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD

Dr. Hoffman
Telehealth services available

North Atlanta Ear, Nose and Throat Associates

4150 Deputy Bill Cantrell Rd Cumming, GA 30040

Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Cumming, GA and has over 33 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Hoffman has more experience with Sleep-disordered Breathing, Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery, and Upper Respiratory Conditions than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Indiana University School Of Medicine medical school in 1987. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston and Northside Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hoffman to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Otolaryngologists in your area

See similar Otolaryngologists in Cumming

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Hoffman accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Hoffman has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(770) 292-3045Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Sleep-disordered Breathing

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep-disordered Breathing specialists.

Typically treats 94% more than their peers

Sleep Apnea

Dr. Hoffman treats Sleep Apnea more than 94% of their peers

Dr. Hoffman treats this condition more than 94% of their peers

Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery

Ear, nose and throat care surgeons treat conditions affecting those areas through procedures such as tonsilectomy, adenoidectomy, myringotomy (ear tubes), and sinus surgery.Compare with other Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery specialists.

Typically treats 78% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

Intranasal or Sinus Procedure

Dr. Hoffman performs Intranasal or Sinus Procedure more than 100% of their peers

Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates

Dr. Hoffman performs Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates more than 100% of their peers

Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)

Dr. Hoffman performs Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery) more than 100% of their peers

Upper Respiratory Conditions

Upper respiratory specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as infections, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, and whooping cough (pertussis) that affect the upper part of the respiratory system, including the nasal passages, larynx, and lungs.Compare with other Upper Respiratory Conditions specialists.

Typically treats 73% more than their peers

Allergic Rhinitis

Dr. Hoffman treats Allergic Rhinitis more than 90% of their peers

Dr. Hoffman treats this condition more than 90% of their peers

Otologic Care

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Care specialists.

Typically treats 76% more than their peers

• Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Allergy Testing
  • Allergy Treatment
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Audiometry
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision of Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Facial Fracture
  • Frenectomy
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngitis
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Loss of Smell and-or Taste
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Sleep Deprivation
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sleep Disturbance-Related Fibromyalgia
  • Sore Throat
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Swimmer's Ear
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD...

Offer evening visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Hoffman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hoffman

4.3

Dr. Hoffman?
What People Say About Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD
Like any specialist, when you find one you really like, you feel really fortunate. Joel Hoffman is terrific. Beyond being recognized as one of Georgia's best in his field, his temperament and patient communication is outstanding. His office is efficiently run with a friendly front office staff and excellent nursing team (especially Nicole and Megan), who always put the patients at ease with their friendliness and professionalism. Dr. Hoffman also does work at Children's Hospital of Atlanta (CHOA)--and I'm sure he is as great with the kids as he is with his adult patients. He takes great time with his patients, explains things very well and you never feel rushed. Also, Dr. Hoffman actually listens to his patients! He has a surgical unit on the first floor (directly beneath his offices) which makes a convenient and safe experience for his patients (which I had). Choose Joel Hoffman and you'll have an ENT for life.
Dave Altman – Feb 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
Very good. After having unsuccessful procedure by another doctor I was very grateful to find dr Hoffman.
Apr 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
I am breathing better than I have in years thanks to Dr Hoffman. I had a fall resulting in a broken nose, but an "incidental" finding showed up, and it was something this nurse had never heard of. I was seen by Dr Hoffman within a few days and of course, he knew exactly what it was. Surgery was done within 3 days! His office staff is so wonderful and works very hard to help keep things running smoothly. Some days there are a wait, but I understand that emergencies happen and everyone wants t
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
Dr Hoffman did my sinus surgery after years of infections and complications. He and his staff are the utmost professional and knowledge. Every preparation and follow up to surgery was spot on. His knowledge and experience anticipates questions, concerns and provides resolutions for each. His staff is compassionate and available- which is so refreshing in the area of medicine. I recommend Dr Hoffman 100%.
Julie Stevens in Milton , GA – Feb 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
Dr. Hoffman is amazing. I can honestly say that my life is better since I walked into his office. He has a tremendous knowledge of what needs to be done and is an awesome surgeon. I was suffering from sinus infections on a regular basis. The results from the surgery are fantastic. I am also getting allergy treatments from his office. Most importantly I can finally breath and haven't been sick in months!
Lance Douglas in Cumming, GA – Nov 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
I am usually slow to write reviews, but felt that this more than warranted it. I saw Dr. Hoffman for severe sinusitis. After initially planning for surgery to clear sinus's and deviated septum and several discussions about procedure i opted for the Balloon sinuplasty. I am a professional musician and voice over artist so anything that affects my breathing and playing is crucial to my performance. I have to say that I am more than impressed with the time Dr. Hoffman took with me!
Craig Stephens in Buford – Aug 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
Dr. Hoffman and his entire staff were incredible! I have had sinus issues my entire adult life and at 61 years old decided I'd had enough. Dr. Hoffman performed a balloon procedure and resection - there was no pain during surgery! Healing time went quickly and I am breathing better than I have in years while taking absolutely no medication for allergies or sinus issues. This practice is well organized and smooth running, with a kind, helpful staff. You can't miss with Dr. Hoffman!
Cathy Thompson in Ball Ground, GA – Jul 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
My 16 year old son has always had trouble breathing out of his nose and large tonsils which were always prone to infection. Dr. Hoffman explained in detail what needed to be done and how much he could help improve my sons issues. He was patient and answered all of our questions and made us feel at ease. After the surgery he was still diligent with making sure everything healed properly and that we were happy with all of the results. My son can breathe now!!! It is incredible!
Tiffany D. in Cumming, GA – Jun 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Hoffman. After six months of breathing problems and a whistling sound from my nose, I sought treatment from North Atlanta ENT & Allergy. This decision turned out to be life changing for me. Dr. Hoffman performed surgery to close a perforated septum and correct nasal valve collapse on both sides of my nose. As of writing this review, I am six weeks post-op and can breathe so much better! I sleep better, have more energy and feel fantastic.
Jeannie in Alpharetta, GA – Jun 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
I work in healthcare and at 46 years old this was my first surgery under general. I had a deviated septum repair with septoplasty, turbination and a nasal valve suture. The entire process from start to finish was amazing. DR. Hoffman and Deanna FNP, have excellent communication and client relation skills. All apprehension I had initially was dissipated with the knowledge my care team had. The first time in many many years I am able to breathe one hundred percent better. Recommend this practice.
Sean K in Lilburn Ga – May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
Dr. Hoffman did sinus surgery on me in October 2017. I have not a sinus infection since. It's the longest I have ever gone without being sick. Wow. Dr. Hoffman is great and his is office staff is friendly and helpful. If you have to have sinus surgery, I recommend him.
Amanda Barnett in Gainesville – May 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Hoffman for any ear, nose, throat issues. He and Deena are absolutely THE best. They take time to listen, are caring, and fix the issues. Both of my children have seen/see them for their ENT issues. If I have to see an ENT, these two are my only choices. Thank you two, and your staff, very much!
Cathy in Dawsonville, GA – Mar 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
Dr. Hoffman is a wonderful doctor who takes time with you as a patient. Both myself and my husband have been to Dr Hoffman and would highly recommend him. He helped my husband to breathe easier after he removed nasal scar tissue from a prior surgery. He is also very friendly and competent. We really like Dr Hoffman.
Bruce and Donna Young in Murrayville – Mar 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
I highly recommend Dr.Hoffman. he is an outstanding physician. Both his clinical expertise and his interpersonal skills are excellent. He is easily approached with questions and attentive to concerns. I trust his judgement and respect his advise. If you or a family member have chronic sinusitis or other ENT problem, I would encourage you to schedule with Dr.Hoffman. I am confident you will be glad you did.
MD in Cumming GA – Jan 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
I am VERY VERY happy with the care I received from Dr. Hoffman and his team. I've suffered from breathing and sleeping trouble for years. The improvement in my quality of live since being treated by Dr. Hoffman has been amazing. He was able t swiftly diagnose and treat the causes of the problem. It has been life-changing to be able to breathe well again. Dr. Hoffman is very professional, and very personable. His team is awesome too!!
Jeremy L in Cumming, GA – Dec 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
I've had sinus pressure issues for as long as I can remember. When I went to Dr. Hoffman for an ear issue, I had the opportunity to discuss the sinus issues I was having. He recommended Nasal Septum Surgery and to clean out my Nasal Turbinates. I was a little hesitant at first, but Deena, Dr. Hoffman's PA, did a fantastic job of explaining everything to me. I saw a huge difference within days of having the surgery. Great doctor, great team!!
Cedric Graham in Cumming, GA – Oct 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
After my family doctor and Neurologist could not figure out my vertigo issue, Dr Hoffman was my savior! After a CT scan he noted several areas of concern, we then talked about my options. My surgery was great, well, as much as it can be. I took pain medication for the first day and none after that, none! My recovery was smooth and easy. I will state, I followed their recommendations to the letter, and they answered every question that I had. I would highly recommend Dr Hoffman.
Michael D in Cumming, GA – Aug 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
Both my husband and I have been to Dr. Hoffman. He performed my surgery to fix my deviated septum and I am very pleased. Finally, I can breathe! His medical staff is great and very professional. Easy to get an appointment for both office visits and surgery.
Counselor in Cumming, GA – Jul 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
Dr Hoffman is outstanding in his approach with patients. I recently went to see him for possible TMJ, he addressed that issue quickly and successfully. Rather than sending on me way he took an holistic approach and addressed several issue regarding my overall health. I had several lingering issues ( 5 Yrs) post CBAG. He and his team treated my weakened voice and referred me to an Neurologist for slowed speech and diminished memory. With voice therapy, CPAP a
Miles Stephenson in Gainesville, GA – Jul 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?
Looking for an expert surgeon and ENT, look no farther than Dr Hoffman. Not only is he brilliant he's incredibly kind and fun.
LL Dovey in Cumming, GA – Jun 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Hoffman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hoffman?

North Atlanta Ear, Nose and Throat believes in providing the highest quality care with a personal, ethical approach. We strive for excellence in both service and communication. We also are up to date on the latest, most advanced technology in our fie...

• Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)
  • Rhinology

Indiana University School Of Medicine

• Phi Beta Kappa, 1983
  • Alpha Omega Alpha, 1987

More Information

• Does Dr. Hoffman communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Hoffman communicates via email

• Does Dr. Hoffman offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Hoffman offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Hoffman offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Hoffman offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Hoffman have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Hoffman has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Hoffman offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Hoffman offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Hoffman offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Hoffman offers evening visits