Dr. Joel Cohen, MD

Dr. Joel Cohen, MD

Mohs Micrographic Surgery  |

Dr. Joel Cohen, MD is a mohs micrographic surgery doctor who practices in Greenwood Village, CO. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Read his story

AboutSkin Dermatology and DermSurgery PC

5340 S Quebec St Ste 300

Greenwood Village, CO 80111

• Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Cohen

See how frequently Dr. Cohen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Excision of Skin Lesion
Adjacent Tissue Transfer
Mohs Surgery

Dr. Cohen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Cohen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cohen "JOEL L. COHEN, MD is an internationally-recognized expert on aesthetics and skin cancer. Dr. Cohen has been named a US News and World Report Top Dermatologist, and has been voted by his peers as one of Denver's Top Doctors in 5280 magazine NINE times (including listings for cosmetic procedures as well as dermatology). He is the Director of AboutSkin Dermatology and DermSurgery in Greenwood Village and Lone Tree, Colorado. Dr. Cohen was elected to serve as a national instructor in dermatologic surgical and aesthetic procedures by both the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) Preceptorship Program and also American Society of Lasers in Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS) Preceptorship Program. He serves on the dermatology teaching faculty of the University of Colorado as an Associate Clinical Professor, and as an Assistant clinical professor at the University of California at Irvine. He has been a recipient of the ASDS Public Service Award, the ASCDAS Distinguished Service Award, and the ASDS Excellence in Education Award. Dr. Cohen has published over 198 scientific medical articles and book chapters, and has co-authored 3 academic textbooks: Regional Rejuvenation (McGraw-Hill), Reconstructive Conundrums in Dermatologic Surgery (Wiley-Blackwell) and Botulinum Toxins Cosmetic and Clinical Applications (Wiley-Blackwell); and co-authored the Derm Directory (eds. 1-7) as well. He did his undergraduate studies at the University of Michigan and Brandeis University—where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa and Magna Cum Laude. He received his MD degree at Mount Sinai's Icahn School of Medicine in New York City, and graduated with Honors. Dr. Cohen has been quoted in many newspapers and magazines including The New York Times, Glamour, Vogue, Allure, In Style, Shape, MORE and Esquire. He is a frequent guest on Sirius Satellite Doctor Radio, and was also featured on the Emmy-Award winning TV show "The Doctors" as an expert dermatologist & Mohs surgeon."

This content was provided by Dr. Cohen "We Provide the Best Dermatology Services in South Denver - Greenwood Village and Lone Tree. Our Team consists of highly skilled and experienced board-certified Dermatologists. Our goal is to provide up-to-date, advanced care in a professional and respectful setting. Visit Aboutskin Dermatology to address your medical, surgical, and cosmetic needs."

• Mohs Micrographic Surgery

• Laser Skin Resurfacing
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Removal
  • Non-Ablative Laser Skin Rejuvenation
  • Photodynamic Therapy (PDT)
  • Pulsed Dye Laser Treatment
  • Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Surgery
  • Wart Removal

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Brandeis U
  • Henry Ford Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • University of British Columbia
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Cohen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cohen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cohen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cohen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cohen to family and friends
Dr. Cohen's Performance
My wife and I have had outstanding care by Drs Cohen and Contreras and associates. The quality of care and their responsiveness have been exceptional. We have been happy and satisfied patients for at least 10 years.
not a pleasant experience but they make it less stressful
Everything I need to proceed with my care is given much thought and explained to me in terms I understand. I can then make a decision going forward with my care.
in Denver, CO |
Dr Cohen performed Mohs surgery and you can barely see the scar on my forehead. The entire staff is very professional and I would definitely recommend About Skin Dermatology to anyone.
filne no problems
Dr. Cohen is very professional and personable. He is absolutely the best in the industry. He explained everything that was going to be done with my surgery. It was a good experience.....as good as surgery can be :)
From top to bottom Dr. Cohen has developed an A+ practice. Dr. Ho took care of my 1st operation and he and his assistant Mona Rae went above and beyond to not only make me feel comfortable but also informed about what was taking place and what to expect in the future. When I went to Dr. Cohen for my second operation he and Christina met me with the same high standards. I felt as though I was in the company of friends I had know for a long time. Their, "bedside manor" was ...
Dr. Cohen did my first surgery after 3 doctors misdiagnosed my lip issue. After a spending 2 years trying to get a diagnosis I really felt confident in his treatment plan.
very professional
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr Cohen was arrogant, rude, and completely lacking in compassion. He spoke not one word to me while painfully cutting a chunk out of my face. I was treated like a piece of meat. In conversation, he lacked all empathy and was condescending.
The 2 times I have had Basil Cell removed he has done a wonderful job. He is very professional and treats you with respect. I have referred this place LOTS!
Nothing but good ... while it's never good to need a physician, it's important to have a good one when you need help with a medical situation. Not only does Doctor Cohen and his team provide excellent care, but they do it in a warm, personable and friendly manner.
very friendly, great guy.. i trust him 100%
I was terrified when I went in for my first Mohs surgery with Dr Cohen, because was afraid I would have a terrible scar on my fact. By the time we had clean edges, there was a hole the size of a nickel on my forehead. When Dr Cohen sewed me back together, my eyebrow was raised far above my eye, and I thought I would never look normal again. But things turned out better then I ever imagined. Dr Cohen used super-fine thread which made it so there was barely a line to se...
Superb experience and he allays any anxiety with complete information that one can undertand
I have been a patient of About Skin for over a decade and would not consider going anywhere else for my care. Dr. Cohen is not only an excellent doctor, he is dedicated to caring for his patients and advancing medical practice and research in dermatology.
Dr. Cohen has done amagaing job on my husband head you wouldn't know he had 3 cancer removed. He does it right the first time. Dr. Cohen is one of the most consumtious person over his work. He does it right the first time. Not a lot of returns. His nurses are wonderful they know there job well but are very considerate on how they treat you.
Dr. Cohen couldn't be more knowlegable or personable. He took great care to answer all of our questions and was never in a hurry.
Doctor Cohen, is friendly and explains the procedure and cancers in terms that are understandable and answers questions clearly. He has an easy way of making you comfortable and is attentive to your needs during the procedures.
in Arvada, CO |
Great bedside manner. Very engaging. Thorough, shows a sense of urgency. Empathetic. Impressed with his work and the results. I had melanoma removed from my face. I was seen quickly, the cancer removed a short time later and the wound was repaired the day the results of the lab test were returned. Couldn't ask for better treatment than I received. Thanks Dr. Cohen!
As I stated above, my experiences with the doctor were extremely positive from the initial diagnosis through the actual surgery and follow up. He appeared genuinely concerned, empathetic, and committed to doing the best job possible to avoid horrible scarring from the procedures.
Very willing to attend to all of your medical issues. Patient, and extremely informed. Complete confidence in his knowledge and ability to deal with my skin issues.
The doctors and staff have been very professional in the treatment during my procedures.
Dr. Cohn is an excellent surgeon.
Dr. Cohen is the bar none best Dermatologist! He always has time to answer questions.
Great guy with a awesome bedside manner. I felt very relaxed knowing that I was in good hands. My surgery was a complete success. I would recommend Dr. Cohen to anyone!
Dr Cohen is outstanding and all the staff are very caring and helpful. I would recommend him to all my friends.
My favorite Dr.
First rate.
Great Bed side manner, put me at ease with my surgery.
Dr. Cohen has found and successfully removed three melanomas and with careful observations every four months, I am now melanoma free. I credit him with saving my life.
Dr. Cohen was informative and assuring at this visit. Being new to the world of skin cancer I felt he took the time to explain everything and allowed me to ask questions. I left the office feeling very confident that I had made the right choice in physicians.
Great.
Always very precise, explanations easily understood.
I had a very good experience with Dr. Cohen. He is very patient with me and everything worked very well.
Very compassionate, excellent surgeon, surgeries beautifully done, very minimal scarring, I was contacted the next day to make sure I was doing ok. I healed quickly.
Very Professional and, just as important, gracious. We are midway through Mose Procedure
I asked for an overall assessment and that's exactly what I got. Looking forward to his procedures and results.
I have been a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner for over 20 years and I would recommend him to my friends, family, and patients with out hesitancy based on my positive experience. My initial Mohs procedure was performed in the middle of my face and the incision needed to be a little over an inch long. Of course, this news was very traumatic being concerned about the cosmetic appearance. Dr. Cohen was excellent at explaining the procedure and making me feel comfortable. I ...
My MOHS surgery was a complete success due to Dr. Joel Cohen. From the very beginning of my care, to the very end of my treatment Dr. Cohen was very knowledgeable, courteous, and very professional with each visit. He was very caring and treated me as if I was his only patient. I have had many compliments on my surgery and have referred them to Dr Cohen. I had Melanoma 2 and feel like Dr. Cohen saved my life. It was a long recovery and I did everything Dr. Cohen advised. I...
Dr Cohen and his staff provided me with excellent care, in a professional atmosphere; yet they were approachable, friendly and very thorough when explaining procedures.
Dr. Cohen and his staff were all great, I felt like I was with people that really cared about me. I would recommend him to anyone & everyone.
Caring and highly skilled who keeps me abreast of latest research. Everyone here is so helpful and nice, especially Keri, Megan, Amy and Lyndsay Dr. Cohen, and Dr. Stoler.
My daughter had recommended him to me and he initially called me to discuss setting up a consultation regarding his services. Both he and his entire staff of assistants, have been extremely professional and highly trained to provide the optimal care and service to the patients. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs a dermatologist! I would rate him at the top of his field.
Consummate professional providing compassionate care in a comfortable setting. I would (and have) refer a friend or family member to his care without reservation.
Excellent communication with his patient and did a great job with the Mohs surgery.
Dr. Cohen listens intently, answers confidently and I feel very comfortable as a patient. I know I am getting the best dermatological care possible.
I feel relaxed, informed and comfortable. I feel I am getting the best of care. Dr. Cohen takes time to explain and put me at ease in regard to the procedure he performs. He is kind and thoughtful to me and to family members who accompany me.
Dr Cohen is very Considerate of this patients and the care he gives. Dr Cohen seems to be very aware of my time and always has time to answer my questions. I have been very pleased with his office and continue my confidence in his skills. I always enjoy seeing his smiling face and agreeable personality. Thank You Dr Cohen!
Amazing results with mose and wouldn't want another surgeon if required.
Have you seen Dr. Joel Cohen, MD?

Visit Dr. Cohen