Dr. Joel Chodos, MD

Dr. Joel Chodos, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Joel Chodos, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Newark, DE and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons in 1979 and specializes in gastroenterology and internal medicine.

930 Old Harmony Rd Ste D

Newark, DE 19713

(302) 455-1980

• Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Dr. Chodos accepts

(302) 455-1980

Dr. Chodos accepts the following insurance:

Choice POS
Choice PPO
Commercial Insurance Company
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
Medicaid

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Delaware

Check Dr. Chodos' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Chodos' Top Procedures and Conditions

Diarrhea
high
high

Dr. Chodos treats Diarrhea more than 86% of his peers

Dr. Chodos treats this condition more than 86% of his peers

Noninfectious Gastroenteritis and Colitis

Dr. Chodos treats Noninfectious Gastroenteritis and Colitis more than 81% of his peers

Dr. Chodos treats this condition more than 81% of his peers

• Diverticulitis, Intestinal
  • Duodenal Ulcer
  • Dysentery
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Enteritis
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Esophagitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Ulcerative Colitis
  • Unexplained Weight Loss
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

Careful history and physical before tests ordered. Individualized care.

• Gastroenterology

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Chodos

Dr. Chodos?
Dr. Chodos' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Joel Chodos, MD
Dr. Chodos always takes his time to discuss his take on your case with you, and listens to you all the time. He is very thorough. He keeps detailed notes and sends you your records, which proves to be very courteous and beneficial for both sides. I've seen other doctors before for my problems and for example, I've been trying to get the records of my visits for the last 6 months. I strongly recommend seeing Dr. Chodos, and I'm glad I found him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
I have been one of Dr. Joel Chodo' patients for several years. He is a skilled physician who makes personal telephone calls the evening prior to and the day after a procedure such as a colonoscopy to make sure that his patients are okay. Unlike so many other doctors who, during a consultation, seem to be highly focused on entering data into their laptops, Dr. Chodos takes his time to speak directly with the patient as he hand-writes his notations on the patient's chart. He is interested in any concerns that the patient might have since his or her last visit and he requires a written update from the patient at each appointment. After reviewing the patient's notations, Dr. Chodos also reviews any lab work or other procedures that his patients might have had in other facilities. and he will discuss with the patient any concerns that he or she might have. Detailed, brilliant and highly competent are adjectives that I use to describe this outstanding gastroenterology practitioner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr.Chodos since 1997. Dr.Chodos is excellent. He is extremely thorough in everything he does. He takes the time and explains everything and gives you as much time as needed during your appointment .I would highly recommend him .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
Great Doctor, he is a role model, compassionate and detail oriented, asks a lot of questions! Has a genuine interest in treating you and making you feel better!
Good explanations
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
Dr Chodos is patient-focused, sincere and takes the time to get to know you and your ‘whole self’ to help understand factors that may be contributing to your health. I also had a positive experience with the colonoscopy, the communication from Dr Chodos, his staff, and the team made me feel comfortable before, during and after the colonoscopy. I would highly recommend Dr Chodos.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Chodos to anyone seeking a gastroenterologist in Delaware. His professionalism and thoroughness is only matched by his deep care and concern for the personal well being of his patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
Had markers show up in blood work with my GP and had to consult a Gastroenterologist and didn't care for any recommendations from my GP office. Did some internet searching liked what I read about Dr. Chodos and called to make a new patient appt. with his office. Dr. Chodos called me an hour later and did a mini consult into my ancestry. Bottom line Dr. Chodos is extremely thorough. If you need a Colonoscopy or Endoscopy he is a great choice, got me into his office quickly to make me well again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
Goes to extraordinary lengths to understand, diagnose, and explain conditions for which you are being treated.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
Dr. Chodos is a very professional and patient-oriented doctor. He is personable and understands his patients. I went to him for a colonoscopy. He explained the procedure in detail, called before the procedure to make sure the prep was going well, and had a follow-up visit to discuss the findings. His explanations are clear and in plain English so I was able to understand the procedure in great detail. His office is easy to contact by phone or email. This is what medicine should be like.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
I Would recommend Dr. Chodos because with my experience with him he is very friendly and thelrall in what he does.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
Having had several colonoscopies performed by Dr. Chodos over the years I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone in need of this procedure. Dr Chodos take great care in explaining the different procedures that can be used for a colonoscopy. He explains the pros and cons of each and leaves up to the patient to decide. His before and follow up for the procedure is excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
Dr. Chodos completely and clearly explained my colonoscopy procedure. He called me the evening before to ask if everything was going fine with the prep. After the procedure, he explained his findings. He then called me that same evening to find out how I felt and if I had any concerns. During the post procedure visit, he once again completely and clearly explained the results. He consistently asked if I had any questions and if I understood what he told me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
Dr. Joel Chodos gives you the personalized attention that you wish you had from every doctor. He listens extremely well, writes up letters after each visit and sends them to you that state everything about your visit, and explains procedures very thoroughly. He truly puts the patient first. I trust his opinion and care completely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
Dr. Chodos was extremely thorough with my evaluation (along with being a very knowledgeable dr) which allowed him to diagnosis and treat my issues! I was happy with the way he gave me options and actually cared about my opinion. He also sincerely cares about the well being of his patients. When I had symptoms that did not point to a GI problem, he went out of his way to see me and make sure I saw the correct doctor; even called them and made sure I had the correct tests. Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
I don't know if I should say I enjoyed having a colonoscopy done by Dr Chodos, but that exactly how I would descride my experience. I am not exagerating when I say, procedurally he is the most thorough doctor I have ever experienced. At the end of the procedure and its aftermath I can surely say he was the consummate professional, and one of the most experienced I have ever met. I would consider it a pleasure and duty bound to recommend him to any of my family , friends or colleagues
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
Dr Chodos is a caring and thorough doctor. He called me before and after my procedure to ensure I was progressing and feeling ok. He took the time to thoroughly review my symptoms and my previous medical history to make sure nothing was overlooked. I highly recommend Dr Chodos.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
I'm very happy with the care that I've received from Dr. Chodos (11 yrs.). He takes the time to listen to my concerns and fully answers all my questions. I never feel rushed during an office visit. He's very thorough with his questions about my medical history and takes excellent notes. I've had two colonoscopies with him and am very satisfied with the outcomes. As a former drug sales rep for Sandoz I developed a sense about doctors -- and Dr. Chodos is one of the best doctors I've ever met.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
I'm very satisfied with the level of care I'm receiving from Dr. Chodos and am privileged to have him as a physician. He is the gold standard. I was impressed by his relentless pursuit in going the extra mile to resolve my medical issues. He told me that the level of care he extends to his patients is the level of care he would expect for himself or members of his family. I was immediately sold. I have no problem with recommending Dr. Chodos to family and friends and have already done so.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joel Chodos, MD?
Dr Chodos is a very caring man who has been very thorough and supportive during appointments and tests. He has taken the time to look into my past medical history and has gone above and beyond his duty of care by phoning me the night before a procedure and the day after to check on me. I am very grateful to have found Dr Chodos, 100% recommend!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Chodos?

Digestive Health Center

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Chodos treats patients.