Dr. Jodie K. Levitt, MD

Dr. Jodie K. Levitt, MD

Neurosurgery | Female | 56 years old

My goal is to treat the patient as a person, explain why or why not surgery is a good option. I take the time each patient requires, and answer questions so they can understand. I have designed my office to be accessible, warm and inviting.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Levitt's Experience

See how Dr. Levitt's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Levitt

Dr. Levitt accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Levitt has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Levitt
Dr. Levitt's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (11)
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr Leavitt was wonderful. Her office was closed. H the time we were done with my exam and she still stayed late to research something not even related to what I seen her for. She was very through and helpful. I would absolutely recommend her to my family and friends!!!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Levitt was a second opinion for back surgery. She came highly recommended by a friend who used Dr. Levitt. My back was injured 48 years ago in an industrial accident. I had been told by another doctor that my back was inoperable. Dr. Levitt assured me that she could fuse two vertebrae and install two cadaver discs and this would solve my problem. From day one I walked out of the hospital and have amazed friends and associates at my quick recovery. My wife and I love Dr. Levitt and staff.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Such a FABulous and caring neurosurgeon! I've never had a doctor in any field of medicine sit down with me and brainstorm solutions for the treatment of my hydrocephalus for as long as she did. I was referred to Dr Levitt by several friends in our Utah hydrocephalus community who absolutely love her. I sought her out for a second opinion and we were able to discuss my case in depth. Dr Levitt still checks in with me via text to see how I'm feeling.
Have you seen Dr. Jodie K. Levitt, MD?
Are you Dr. Levitt?

Dr. Levitt says...

My policy is that the patient matters more than anything else. I take the time to make an accurate diagnosis and explain the details to my patients at a level they can understand. Surgery is not always the best answer, but when it is I take the time to chose the best approach. I will always do my best to explain the procedure and expectations to each patient .

I love what I do, and am a very good surgeon. My patients can attest to the fact I take interest in them before and after their surgery.

I understand what my patients go through having been a patient myself for a neck problem years ago. I am also a breast cancer survivor.

I have kept my personal promise never to lose my empathy. It sets me apart from many others in my field.

I have helped fix many problems from surgeries from incorrect diagnoses. I review every film myself.

Dr. Levitt's Care Philosophy

I have designed my office to be accessible, warm and inviting.

Dr. Levitt says...

I am a general neurosurgeon, and have extensive training in brain tumors, malformations(chiari), and shunts. I do most spine surgeries (disk,tumors, pain, and instability) and nerve problems such as carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve problems.

Dr. Levitt says...

I take care of many difficult shunt patients, spine abnormalities. I take time to listen and examine. I have many times found problems other physicians have missed.

Dr. Levitt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Levitt has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Levitt's Board Certifications

Completed in 1996

McGill University

Graduated in 1982

• French

Dr. Levitt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Levitt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neurostimulation
  • Pituitary Gland Tumor Excision
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.