Dr. Jocelyn Idema, DO

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 44 reviews.
Author:
Very caring doctor that listens to what you have to say.
Author:
Dr. Idema was not concerned with figuring out my issue. I expressed to her that I had Spina Bifida Occulta , which she quickly dismissed as unimportant and proceeded to tell me I had a pilonidal cyst and set me up with a general surgeon. I saw him today and he said it most certainly is not a pilonidal cyst and had he cut into my spinal area without regard to my birth defect, it could have been disastrous. My neck and spine xrays. according to her show nothing wrong. why am i in so much pain.
We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience at your most recent office visit. Please feel free to contact our office to further discuss your experience. We look forward to hearing from you soon. 724-225-8657 x2199
Author:
I saw Dr. Idema for my neck and right shoulder about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, I injured it about 2 months ago and couldn't get any relief. She quickly and efficiently diagnosed my issue and have been pain free ever since. I am back in the gym working out like nothing happened. Highly recommend!
Author:
Really great job of diagnosing my spinal stenosis and fixing it. Two weeks out from surgery I have feeling back in my large and feet. Highly recommend!
Author:
Dr. Idema tried injections, therapy etc. for my back before surgery. I had an Arthrodesis and spinal fusion and was up and walking hours after surgery . Home the next day and been going strong since. I’m back to work as a nurse, I spend hours gardening and even went to Hershey Park with grandkids and rode the roller coasters. Before surgery couldn’t even work and thought about disability. Best decision I made seeing Dr. Idema
Author:
Dr. Idema is the absolute greatest Dr. ever! My wife said she is “ OUR HERO “ After two years of pain from a previous surgery and a different surgeon. Dr. Idema was able to find and repair the problems and restore my quality of life! Anyone requiring back surgery Dr. Idema is the best there is! She makes you feel comfortable, great personality and easy to talk to. If there were more than 5 stars to give I would. Thank you Dr. Idema and staff!!!!!!
Author:
I have been dealing with right hip pain and numbness for the past 2 years. After seeing a few different doctors and getting a bunch of different opinions, I was fianlly treated appropriately by Dr. Idema. She took the time to listen to me and to figure out what would work for me, and it has. I am back to doing the things I like to do. Thank you doctor
Author:
I saw her in Jan 2018 for pain in my Rt quadriceps. She scheduled me for a hip injection under fluoro. She told me I would need both of my hips replaced. She totally missed my diagnosis, had she followed my health. I am scheduled for a laminectomy and foramenotomy in begging of Aug. She would not be one of my choices in the future.
Author:
Absolutely remarkable surgeon and person. I would highly recommend Dr. Idema. I had choices for a surgeon who was closer to my home, but I am so thankful for making the trip to her. My surgery was a revision surgery and this was a completely different experience than my first. All I can say is thank you, thank you, thank.
Author:
Dr. Idema is an excellent doctor, very professional, sincere, knowledgable, and very thorough. Her staff is polite. I am very thankful to her and the care that she provided to me. I would highly recommend her.
Author:
Well, I read all the reviews and was looking forward to my appointment. She spent about a total of 4 minutes with me, looked at an MRI taken a year ago (even though we tried to tell her there are many more problems and new issues, given my 30 second allowed time to talk.) and she said she was sending me to a doctor who treats back issues without surgery. I find out later that meant pain management. Not happy, I see that the doctor she is sending me to, also has two stars.
Author:
3 years ago I suffered a back injury while playing soccer. My mri showed an annular tear and disc herniation at l5 s1. I also have mild spinal stenosis and degenerative disease at l4 l5. I went and saw a couple of spine doctors and couldn't get a straight answer in the 5 minutes I had with them. That all changed when I met Dr. Idema who took the time to review everything and EXPLAIN what was going on. I trust her and will ONLY let her touch my back.
Author:
She was terrible!!! As a supposed spine specialist, she failed to diagnose the cause of my wife's spinal compression fractures after treating her for almost 3 months. Ultimately she released her as a patient and told her to "go see an internist" because she did not know the cause of her pain. When we saw a hematologist, we learned that she had a blood cancer which often presents with spinal compression fractures that a good spine specialist should have been aware of. Do not see her!!!
Author:
Dr Idema treated my husband like family. When he had surgery she came out to talk to me, put her feet up and talked like we had been old friends. She is caring, friendly and respectful. She doesn't make you feel uncomfortable about being at the Dr's. Could go on for days about what a good Dr she is but most of all I think she is a wonderful person with a great personality. If we had met her before I am sure we would of been good friends first. Super great Dr.
Author:
Back surgery one day and home the next! Two weeks later I'm walking, driving. and not confined to the brace. Dr. Idema, the MMI PAs, and staff continue to be excellent providers. After years of gradually increasing lower back pain, I am wonderfully surprised and appreciative of the immediate relief after fusing two discs and some other work.
Author:
Unfortunately, my experience with MMI and Dr Idema was very poor. I was prescribed a $1200 back brace that costs between $220-350. I was actually told the brace was $2,000 but I would only have to pay $180 (15% deductible), but that math didn't work. When I asked for a prescription so I could purchase the brace myself, I was told that I was rude and would not be treated.
Author:
Dr. Idema performed back surgery on me and everything went exceptionally well! I am no longer in pain or in need of backshots or meds.