Dr. Joanne M. Grzeszak, DO

Dr. Joanne M. Grzeszak, DO

Family Medicine | Female | 64 years old

I graduated from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1976. After I finished my internship in 1977, I made the commitment to serve patients and their families, and I have had a family practice in the Alger Heights neighborhood for 30 years. I have many patients who have been with me for more than 20 years, including some families whom I have had the privilege of caring for over 3, 4 and 5 generations. I respect and value my patients, as they have trusted me with their health and the health of their families. I believe continuity is important to providing the best patient care. My nurse has been with me for 29 years, my medical assistant over 16 years and my receptionist for more than 15 years. Together we work with patients to improve their health and to keep them well.Read more

Metro Health Alger Heights
806 Alger St SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49507 Get Directions

I provide thorough yearly physicals and am persistent when it comes to determining a diagnosis to any healthcare concerns. I find that carefully listening to the patient’s description of their issues often helps in making the correct diagnosis. If I cannot determine what is affecting a patient, I have access to a whole network of specialists whom I know and trust to refer the patient to – that is what a patient-centered medical home is all about.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Grzeszak's Experience

See how Dr. Grzeszak's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Grzeszak

Dr. Grzeszak accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Grzeszak has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Grzeszak's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Grzeszak to family and friends
based on 11 total surveys (1 with a review)
Experience with Dr. Grzeszak
Dr. Grzeszak's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (10)
Dr. Grzeszak Says:

The comments you leave are very helpful and they reflect not only myself, but also the caring nature of my office staff. Your feedback will help us continue to provide the best care for our patients.

in Kalamazoo, MI |
She is an amazing person along with being a great doctor. She takes her time with you and listens to what you have to say.
Have you seen Dr. Joanne M. Grzeszak, DO?
Are you Dr. Grzeszak?

Dr. Grzeszak's Care Philosophy

Dr. Grzeszak says...

With the help of my office staff, I provide excellent care to my patients with diabetes, achieving very good scores on the diabetic registry.

As part of the care I provide to my patients, I also offer osteopathic manipulative therapy, using my hands and gentle stretching, pressure and resistance to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness or injury.

Dr. Grzeszak says...

As a family medicine physician, I perform a variety of primary care services, such as yearly physicals, diabetes care and osteopathic manipulative therapy. We also provide lab draws for our patients.

Dr. Grzeszak says...

Dr. Grzeszak's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Geriatric Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Grzeszak has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Grzeszak's Board Certifications

• Geriatric Medicine
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine

• Acne
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

MI STATE UNIV COLL OF OSTEO MED

Graduated in 1976

Dr. Grzeszak does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Grzeszak and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage