Dr. Joanna Barclay, MD

Dr. Joanna Barclay, MD

Anesthesiology | Female

Dr. Joanna Barclay, MD is an anesthesiology doctor who practices in Elgin, IL. She is 54 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Barclay is affiliated with Advocate Sherman Hospital.

Dr. Barclay's Experience

See how Dr. Barclay's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Barclay

Dr. Barclay accepts 2 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Barclay has admitting privileges.

Dr. Barclay's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barclay to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Barclay's Performance
in Hampshire, IL |
I find the negative reviews difficult to believe. Dr. Barclay spends time with me, examines me, listens and makes recommendations. I have seen her for years, getting my injections and a spinal cord simulator implanted. She is very personable and I love everyone in her office. They are all awesome. Even on the other side of the room, when going in for a procedure, that entire staff upfront and in the back are also all awesome. I would not want to go anywhere else. I recommend her to all.
davis junction, il |
Very skilled doctor. I would recommend Dr. Barclay to anyone who has chronic pain.
After meeting with Dr. Barclay it was immediately brought to my attention that she was going to be very difficult to work with, my feeling is she has zero soft skills/people skills and trying to communicate with her was extremely difficult and emotional for both me and my wife. I came in with back pain and I also deal with anxiety and depression being bipolar. I felt after she realized I was bipolar, she wanted nothing to do with me. She literally stood up and mocked my anxieties.
in Algonquin, IL |
After seeing 5 different doctors she finally brought me relief from debilitating tailbone pain!!! I was at the end of my rope every doctor was telling me nothing is wrong. Like I'm liking spending all my time and money on doctors for fun? She finally treated my tailbone pain with steroids and I can function again. I'm not talking about taking narcotics to mask the pain, I'm talking about treating the pain. She is the best doctor, knowledgeable, efficient and smart! I can't thank her enough!!
When I was in pain Dr. Barclay came into my room and asked me what she wanted me to do. She said I can take you off of all of your pain medicine or that is it. She became visibly upset, and did not believe that I was in any pain. I refuse to see her any time I am hospitalized. I feel VERY unsafe in her care.
in Huntley, il |
I have been seeing Dr Barclay for a few years now for chronic back and leg pain stemming from bulging discs, arthritis and a previous surgery for a compression fracture in the spine. She is very understanding, knowledgeable, and spends ample time with patients without feeling rushed and is sincerely compassionate . I have been a patient at Mayo clinic and Rush in Chicago and was very lucky to be referred to her. I have had several minor procedures all with great success!!!
in St Charles, IL |
Was treated for chronic pain in my legs due to bulging and pinched nerves. She prescribed an injection between l4 and l5 and s1. Wow what a huge difference it made. Highly recommend!
Have you seen Dr. Joanna Barclay, MD?
Are you Dr. Barclay?

Compare Dr. Barclay

}

Dr. Barclay's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Anesthesiology
    •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Barclay has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Barclay's Board Certifications

• Anesthesiology
    • Pain Medicine

Dr. Barclay does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Barclay and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med

Graduated in 1989

F G Mc Gaw Hp/Loyola University

Dr. Barclay does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barclay and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Anesthesiology
    • Pain Medicine Anesthesiology

Dr. Barclay does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Barclay and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.