Dr. Joann Smith, MD

Dr. Joann Smith, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. Joann Smith, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Bloomfield Hills, MI and has been practicing for 30 years. She graduated from University of Mi Med Sch in 1984 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology, high risk obstetrics, and more.Read her story

36880 Woodward Ave Ste 201

Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
  • Cofinity

Learn about Dr. Smith

See how frequently Dr. Smith performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
Pap Smear
Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)

Dr. Smith's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Smith's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Smith "My specialty is a fascinating combination of medicine, surgery, psychology, and social work, and I am fortunate to participate in the miracle of birth. I try to balance my jobs of doctor, mother, wife, and business owner with volunteer service, and look forward to helping someone every day!"

This content was provided by Dr. Smith "I try to listen carefully and to understand the person before me and her complete medical history. My exams are gentle and thorough. I feel it is important to discuss treatment options in an understandable way. I strive to provide compassionate, intelligent and skilled care in the same respectful way that I would want my own family to be treated."

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Birth Control
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Colposcopy
  • C-Section
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Ultrasound, Pelvic
  • Ultrasound, Transvaginal
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1981
  • University of Mi Med Sch
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Michael Reese Hosp Med Ctr/U Chicago
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • Michael Reese Hospital and Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith to family and friends
3.9
based on 25 total reviews (13 with comments)

Dr. Smith's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time
Dr. Smith Says:

I very much appreciate the feedback.  Medical questions are answered promptly only by my registered nurses with my input, or personally by me.  My team is respectful, courteous, and efficient and we try to provide excellent care in a gentle, knowledgeable way whether it is a happy occasion or a difficult one for the patient.

Experienced professional with great listening and advice skills as it relates to medical care.
It seems that the first concern was contraception. As important as maybe creating a client for hysterectomy in the future. Never to see what the real problem is (it was a polyp that went on untreated for so long that I almost felt that I was going to die from so much bleeding). Or maybe understand...more
I have left a previous review of Dr. Smith in which I expressed my difficulty in receiving a refund for overcharging me for delivery. Since then I have called the office numerous times with promises of a call back and have received none. I in fact received a letter saying I still owed them money....more
Dr. Smith is an expert at delivery, she certainly knows what she is doing. However, seeing that pregnancy lasts 10 months and the delivery is only one part of it, I would not go to her for my next pregnancy. Dr. Smith keeps visits very brief and to the point. That may be fine for someone who has...more

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not positive, as I strive to listen well and to address all my patients' concerns. I would appreciate it if you'd give me a call or email me at the office so that I can learn from what made you unhappy. My staff and I are always striving for excellence and would love to have you back. Thanks for the information.

I could go on and on about why you shouldn't go to Dr. Smith's office. I would never recommend anyone go here. The front staff is horrible, you get very little amount of Doctor time; the only good thing about this office was the nurse.

Thank you for the feedback. I would appreciate it if you could call me at the office or email me, as my team and I strive to treat people well and I would like to learn from your concerns.