Dr. Joanie Hare, MD

Dr. Joanie Hare, MD

Maternal-Fetal Medicine  |
60 reviews

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Dr. Hare specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine and practices in Houston, TX. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Hare? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Hare's Experience

See how Dr. Hare's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hare

Dr. Hare accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hare has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hare's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hare to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Hare's Performance
in Katy, TX |
I had my anatomy scan with Dr. Hare. Her first initial approach to my husband and I was a little off putting, and I can tell she was just raised by very serious parents. Once we sat down and started the ultrasound she was very serious, but my husband started random conversation with her(he talks a lot) about her hometown. From there she became very pleasant and more comfortable with us. She even gave us a shot of our baby's face in 4D which I know lots of doctors don't do. She's was great!
Houston, TX |
I had my 1st visit with Dr. Hare today & it was horrible! Her attitude was atrocious! She was extremely rude to me I couldn't ask any questions ! My ultrasound was so unpleasant with her , I wanted to get up and run out the room. Her ultrasound tech had to apologize to me for her nasty attitude. I was told she's always like that. I called my obgyn and immediately asked her to refer me to someone else. I wouldn't refer a stray dog to her for services.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Joanie Hare is an excellent physician. She was referred by my OB when I went on bedrest during pregnancy. When she came into the room, she allowed us to explain why we were there and put us at ease. She was funny and respectful and very giving of her time. She explained everything to us in great detail ( her measurements, the equipment). She advised me on my diet and was firm about her recommendations- I am grateful that I followed through and delivered a beautiful baby boy. God bless her!
in Houston, TX |
I was referred to Dr. Hare after my 2nd miscarriage and 5 weeks into my 3rd pregnancy, she was the BEST referral ever! She pinpointed the cause of my miscarriages from the FIRST visit and I had a successful birth with the 3rd and then 4th pregnancies. I am now proud mother of a 13 and 14 year old that we owe all the praise to Dr. Hare and the blessings GOD has granted her! We talk about her often to the kids and we will be bringing them to meet her in person soon!
Florham Park, NJ |
My appointment time was set to 12:40 pm. 2hrs later, I was called in. 1 patient walked out while I waited. The others told me she was late. There was no communication from her to patients about the delay. She walked in without any welcoming intro/eye contact. She did not apologize for her behavior for lack of keeping her commitments. She was not personable (I spoke to my husband and she interrupted saying she couldn't talk and think at the same time). She accepted a call while doing my scan!
in Houston, TX |
She came in while i was on bedrest at Woman's Hospital of Texas. She was not my doctor however was the on call doctor for the weekend. To say her bedside manner was awkward would be an understatement. Dr. Hare burst in my room at almost 8 that night, barely introduced herself or even came into the light so i could see who she was. She was unfriendly, asked 3 questions and walked out. I remember telling my fiancee that if i went into labor and she was there u would try and tie my legs together!!
Austin, TX |
The office wait time is extensive. I had an appointment today at 10:40 and was not seen by the doctor until almost 11:45. When Dr. Hare came into the room she did not greet me with a smile or a hello. She simply sat down and poured the ultrasound gel on my stomach. She then began clicking on the ultrasound machine for about 30 seconds before she even said anything to me. I will not be going back to her and letting my OB/gyn know about my experience with her. Unfriendly, long wait time, etc.
Houston, TX |
She is a gifted physician, let God bless her.
She is the most rudest women I have ever met. She doesn't seem happy with her work and expresses it vividly to her patients and coworkers. I would highly recommend seeing doctor Reiter instead. While seeing her I felt so rushed and when we confronted her with our concerns for our child she so rudely ignored them as if we didnt know what we were talking about at all. I wouldn't recommend her to anyone. Her attitude is unacceptable and creates a stressful environment for all involved.
Have you seen Dr. Joanie Hare, MD?
Are you Dr. Hare?

Compare Dr. Hare

More Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists like Dr. Hare at Houston Perinatal Associates

Dr. Hare's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
    •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Hare has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hare's Board Certifications

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Abdominal Disorders
    • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
    • Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
    • Breech Position
    • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
    • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
    • Congenital Heart Disease
    • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
    • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
    • Gestational Diabetes
    • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
    • High Risk Pregnancy
    • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
    • Preeclampsia
    • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
    • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
    • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
    • Septal Defect

Graduated in 1989

Baylor University
      Baylor University
      Pennsylvania Hospital

Dr. Hare does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hare and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Maternal-Fetal Medicine

• Rh Incompatibility Screening
    • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
    • Sympathectomy
    • Syphilis Screening
    • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
    • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC