Dr. Joan Sweeney, MD

Dr. Joan Sweeney, MD

Neurology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Joan Sweeney, MD is a neurology specialist in Bethlehem, PA and has been practicing for 25 years. She graduated from GEORGETOWN UNIV SCH OF MED in 1993 and specializes in neurology.

1417 8th Ave

Bethlehem, PA 18018

• Amerihealth
  • Capital Blue Cross
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Sweeney

See how frequently Dr. Sweeney performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Brain Disorders
Restless Leg Syndrome

Dr. Sweeney's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Neurology
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Medical School | Graduated 1993

Dr. Sweeney has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sweeney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sweeney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sweeney's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sweeney to family and friends

Dr. Sweeney's Performance

I never ever get to see this woman, I'm constantly dealing with a PA, I have MS, I want a doctor!!! Not a physician assistant!!! I've called since with symptoms sine mid week with no results. It's Friday, they said go to the ER if I'm in that much pain --- we wonder why insurance is so high?? ...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I had been travelling into the city to one of the top hospitals for over 8 years. I thought I was getting the best care I could get up until I experienced two separate situations where I needed additional care and could not get it. Dr. Sweeney was recommended to me and I decided it was time to make...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Today was my first visit. She took her time with me and my husband. She is very patient. I love my first visit. TWO THUMBS UP!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
It took a while to get in to see her for our initial appointment, but she was worth the wait! Dr. Sweeney is kind, listens, coordinated "team" of doctors to get to the bottom of a difficult diagnosis, follows-up on your care in every way. Ordered all tests needed to find out what was wrong and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Sweeney treats me for MS. She's very high energy and after my first appointment, I was overwhelmed. But I've since come to respect her. She really does listen and is interested in digging deeper to identify root causes.
Are you Dr. Sweeney?