Dr. Joan Butcher, MD

Dr. Joan Butcher, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Joan Butcher, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Chesterfield, MO. She is 55 years old and has been practicing for 28 years.

16216 Baxter Rd Ste 205

Chesterfield, MO 63017

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Butcher

See how frequently Dr. Butcher performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
Adjustment Disorder
Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Dr. Butcher's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Butcher does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

• Psychiatric Evaluation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Brown Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Barnes Jewish Hospital S Campus

Dr. Butcher has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Butcher has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Butcher does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Butcher and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Butcher's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Butcher to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Butcher's Performance
Clarendon Hills, IL |
I took my teen there. I needed help with her behavior, the right diagnosis, medication, the right medication, and practical advise handling situations that would arise. What I received instead was very harsh judgement, name calling for my teen and myself, anger, and ridiculous advise. She took an adversarial position with me from the start. Instead of facilitating communication between my teen and I, she recommended my teen have no communication with her parents. I would never go back.
St. Louis, MO |
Agree with other reviews! She is the most judgemental medical professional I have ever been to. She made me feel so much worse about myself when I was already feeling down. I don't know how she is even allowed to still practice. She is the worst psychiatrist I have ever met. Would never recommend her to anyone and I will never go back to her or her office. I wish someone would have warned me not to visit her.
Waterloo, IL |
I visited Dr. Butcher Just yesterday and it was the worst experience with a doctor that i have EVER had! She is very quick to pass judgement and didn't take any time to get to know me before she is trying to change my prescriptions. She makes you feel worse so if your looking for help i would advise going to someone else. I would NEVER RECOMMEND, or EVER RETURN!
St Louis, MO |
Took my teenager to see Dr. Butcher. I have never been to such a judgmental medical professional in my life. Terrible experience. She didn't even ask questions before she started making judgments about the situation. Will never go back to her office again.
St Louis, MO |
Dr. Butcher has been my med dr for over three years now. She's a very good listener, explains things that might be confusing, is very patient and caring.
in St Louis, MO |
Best psychiatrist ive ever had (out of 10+). Easiest person in the world to talk to about anything. Friendliest doctor that I've ever met. I've recommended her to over 12 of my cousins (we all suffer extreme anxiety. Some with panic attacks, OCD, sleep issues and invasive thought)
Have you seen Dr. Joan Butcher, MD?
Are you Dr. Butcher?