Dr. Joan Butcher, MD

Dr. Joan Butcher, MD

Psychiatry  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Joan Butcher, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Chesterfield, MO and has been practicing for 29 years. She graduated from Brown Medical School in 1989 and specializes in psychiatry.

16216 Baxter Rd Ste 205

Chesterfield, MO 63017

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Butcher

See how frequently Dr. Butcher performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
Adjustment Disorder
Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Dr. Butcher's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

Dr. Butcher does not have any board certifications listed.

• Psychiatric Evaluation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Brown Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Barnes Jewish Hospital S Campus

Dr. Butcher has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Butcher has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Butcher does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Butcher and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Butcher's Reviews

3.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Butcher to family and friends

Dr. Butcher's Performance

GOOD

Worst doctor I have ever been to. She was rude, cold and uncaring. I felt the entire time she was trying to provoke me to argue with her. Her advice to me was to be selfish, inconsiderate cold. Exactly the way she was to me. I walked out of there feeling worse than I did when I went. Her name fits...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Never. She is terrible and treated my son terribly. Screamed in his face and was rude to me. She should not be working with patients struggling with mental illness. Nobody should be subjected to her. She is unstable herself.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Butcher should not be allowed to have a practice consulting adolescents! For kids who may already be feeling down or bad about themselves, she just makes it worse. Choose another doctor for sure!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
NO. DO NOT put your mental and physical health in her care. Absolutely the worst experience I've ever had with a physician. EVER. Makes hasty diagnoses w/o adequate or thoughtful analysis. Her demeanor is very unprofessional, impatient and uncaring; she speaks without regard or respect for patient....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
She doesn’t listen to me. Told me she didn’t want to help me. Cussed me out. Not very professional. Made me feel like I was untreatable. Told me I was making up my feelings to get pills. Just not a genuine person who cares about your feelings or what you’re going through.
Are you Dr. Butcher?