Dr. Joan Berman, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyFemaleAge 68

Dr. Joan Berman, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in New York, NY. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Berman to book an appointment.

Dr. Berman
61 E 86th St Apt 1 New York, NY 10028

Compare with other Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists

Compare Dr. Berman with our nearby Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists at NYU Langone Health.

Make an appointment at NYU Langone Health today at (646) 586-9404.

These providers are on the medical staff of NYU Langone Health.

Dr. Berman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Berman

4.0

Dr. Berman?
  • Appointment scheduling (16)
  • Office environment (16)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (15)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (4)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (3)
Dr Berman has saved my marriage and my sex life!!! 3 Mona Lisa treatments which were painless has given me back so much!!! She is amazing!!!!!!!! Every post menopausal woman needs to go to her! Btw... I am a physician myself!
Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joan Berman, MD?
Ive been a patient for over 4 years. When I changed jobs and she didn’t take my insurance, i asked her to email me my medical records. I got a nasty response and was told I can scan them myself. When I asked her about my most recent test results, she couldn’t give me a clear answer. She got angry that I didn’t want her to perform further testing despite the fact that it would cost me out of pocket $500+ and I thought finding a doctor that takes my insurance made more financial sense. Long story short- I walked out of her office with hard copies of my medical records and about 10 other people’s documents! I had OTHER people’s HIV test results in my own pile of papers. When I called to tell them, she made an excuse that she took other people papers form the printer by mistake. No way-my records were completely mixed with others. It was honestly a blessing in disguise that she doesn’t take my insurance. Nasty woman and completely careless.
Aug 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joan Berman, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Joan Berman for over 10 years. She is a first-rate gynecologist: knowledgeable, confident, caring and empathetic. Excellent resource for women's health care. I have referred friends and colleagues to her.
New York – Jan 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joan Berman, MD?
Dr. Joan Berman has been my gynecologist since 1999. She is extremely caring and truly treats the whole patient. She is very thorough, not only in her examinations but in reviewing all of my health records, on each visit. She is up on the latest medical research. She refers me to specialists who are fantastic. She is patient and always takes the time to answer my questions. For these reasons, I actually enjoy my appointments with her! I can't recommend Dr. Berman more highly!
Lisa in New York, NY – Aug 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joan Berman, MD?
Dr. Berman has been my gynecologist for over 15 years. I'll never go anywhere else. She is thoughtful, kind, smart and very proactive! I had The Mona Lisa procedure done by Dr. Berman and it has been life changing. I recommend her highly!!
Karyn in New York, NY – Aug 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joan Berman, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Berman for over 20 years. I have referred many women to Dr Berman. She is an amazing doctor, caring & knowledgable . All woman that I have referred have been very pleased with her.
JZR in New York, NY – Mar 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joan Berman, MD?
Took unnecessary blood tests and saddled me with the bill even though she said that my insurance would cover the blood test fees completely. Could not help with my problem of amenorrhea. I am a student and she created extra financial burden that ironically will make my awesomeness worse. Do not recommend. She also left my patient file in the pantry. What a joke.
New York, NY – Feb 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joan Berman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Berman?

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson
1983
Mount Sinai Hospital
1980
Mount Sinai Hospital

Is Dr. Joan Berman, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Joan Berman, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Berman's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Joan Berman, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Berman accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Joan Berman, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Berman frequently treats Atrophic Vaginitis, Chronic Pelvic Pain, and Mastodynia. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Berman treats.

Where is Dr. Joan Berman, MD's office located?

Dr. Berman's office is located at 61 E 86th St Apt 1, New York, NY 10028. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Joan Berman, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Berman has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Joan Berman, MD?

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Berman's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Berman's conditions and procedures:

• Atrophic Vaginitis
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis

Dr. Berman accepts

Dr. Berman accepts the following insurance:

61 E 86th St Apt 1 New York, NY 10028

Compare with other Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists

Make an appointment at NYU Langone Health today at (646) 586-9404.

These providers are on the medical staff of NYU Langone Health.