Dr. Jimmy Sung, MD

Dr. Jimmy Sung, MD

General Surgery  |
Dr. Jimmy Sung, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Sung is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital and NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.

65 Broadway Ste 1701

New York, NY 10006

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • EmblemHealth
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Sung

See how frequently Dr. Sung performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Excision of Skin Lesion
Breast Diseases
Wound Repair

Dr. Sung's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• General Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery
  • Surgery

Dr. Sung does not have any board certifications listed.

• Burn Injuries
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Congenital Anomalies of Breast
  • Gynecomastia
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Second-Degree Burns

• Breast Reconstruction
  • Breast Reduction
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Skin Grafts
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1997

Dr. Sung has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Sung has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sung does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sung and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sung's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sung to family and friends
Dr. Sung's Performance
in New York, NY |
My experience with Dr. Sung was absolutely amazing. From the moment I met him I felt safe in a very difficult situation. We met in the hospital where I was confronted with 3 surgeries in a 10 day period. He took the time to talk to me as the human being I am. He took his time to listen and respond to every question I had. His medical knowledge was amazing and broke it down to me so I could understand it all. Follow up in his office was equally as perfect. He showed me his humanness.
West Orange, NJ |
I didn't choose Dr. Sung, but I did luck out to have him during a visit to the ER after a fall. He treated me respectfully, with a friendly demeanor, explained the procedure and answered all of my questions. He did a great job with the stitches on my cut on my face--they are hardly visible. He also put pins in my pinky which is also healing very well. His manner was the same at follow up visits as it was in the ER. I am thankful that he was my surgeon.
in Staten island |
Dr Sung is an exceptionally smart and very talented surgeon. His bedside manor is unlike any other. He truly devotes 100% of his time, compassion and caring ness to his patients and takes pride in every surgery. He has changed my life. From the day I met him, he made me feel comfortable and that I was in good hands. He spent his entire birthday in the operating room performing my surgery. He is one of the most dedicated doctors that I know. So happy that he is my surgeon, can't thank him enough!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Sung is amazing! I cannot recommend him highly enough. He saved my father's life! My dad had a freak accident where he fell and a drinking glass embedded in his face. He almost bled to death. He was taken to New York-Presbyterian and was lucky enough to have Dr. Sung on call. Not only did Dr. Sung stop the bleeding and save his life, but he took the time to reattach all the nerve endings in my father's face and make a good cosmetic result to boot!
in NJ |
He is the best!
Have you seen Dr. Jimmy Sung, MD?
Are you Dr. Sung?