Dr. Jim Valentine, MD

Dr. Jim Valentine, MD

Bariatric Surgery  ·
Dr. Jim Valentine, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Boise, ID and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from Creighton University School Of Medicine in 1988 and specializes in bariatric surgery and general surgery.Read his story

115 W Main St Ste 101

Boise, ID 83702

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Valentine

See how frequently Dr. Valentine performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Sleeve Gastrectomy
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
high

Dr. Valentine's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Valentine's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Valentine "Jim Valentine, MD specializes in general surgery, laparoscopic gastric bypass, laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, and laparoscopic gastric banding. Dr. Valentine has served as chairman of Surgical Services. He is experienced in performing bariatric surgical procedures, and is a member of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery."

This content was provided by Dr. Valentine "As a bariatric and general surgeon, I believe patients are happiest when they are healthy. From a surgical standpoint, I believe the best practice is to cure disease. Fixing the core problem allows the patient to thrive. I also believe patients need to be active decision makers and partners in their care. Care is one area I pride myself and my staff on; from the front desk through to surgical excellence you will know you are cared for-not only as a patient but as an individual as well."

• Bariatric Surgery
  • General Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

• University Of Wyoming
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Creighton University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Creighton University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Creighton University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Valentine has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Valentine does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Valentine and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Valentine's Reviews

4.3
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Valentine to family and friends

Dr. Valentine's Performance

500 lm when I met Dr. Valentine he explained to me all my options and risk and he was excellent awesome results I've lost a whole person I was overweight every since I can remember and pictures I was Heavy from 3 years old I knew no other way I think dr. Valentine for giving me a life it felt so...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1
He has been great at helping us understand things and works with us on everything! He is funny and great at making you feel comfortable. He has been a lifesaver in both my husband and my weight loss journey! Soo happy to have him!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option1
Dr. Valentine is an awesome surgeon! He is kind, understanding and very talented. If I ever need a surgery that he does, he is my first choice. I would recommend him to anyone who needed an excellent, skilled and caring surgeon. I would trust anything he says, without question.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option17thumbs down icon option1