Dr. Jim Christensen, MD

Internal Medicine ·  Male · Age 62

Dr. Christensen

Pulmonary Associates

6960 Smoke Ranch Rd Ste 150 Las Vegas, NV 89128

Dr. Jim Christensen, MD is an internal medicine specialist in Las Vegas, NV and has been practicing for 30 years. He graduated from University Of Nevada School Of Medicine in 1984 and specializes in internal medicine and allergy & immunology.

Dr. Christensen accepts

Dr. Christensen accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO

No malpractice claims found for Nevada

Check if Dr. Christensen treats your condition or procedure

• Anaphylaxis
  • Angioedema
  • Animal Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Bronchitis
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Dermatitis

37.2093023255814%

Dr. Christensen?
Dr. Christensen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jim Christensen, MD
First visit he got my hopes up and spent 3 hours talking about how he’s going to send me to mayo or UCLA and fix me.... he asked for all my previous tests. Second visit ( probably saw I had Medicaid) he shrugged... said he can’t help me... and then had his office call me and tel me he doesn’t take me insurance anymore. Also... his staff took my labs from 10 diff doctors I brought bc he asked for them, they shredded the Originals and then refused to give my labs back........ waste. Of. Time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jim Christensen, MD?
I was there for 3 h.The Dr. had two male interns with him I ask him to get tested for allergies same test I had done a few years before...he said NO!! your test will have the same result....looks at the two young interns rolling is eyes...REALLY. I said I want those test done PLEASE..he looks at the interns again like he really din't care what I wanted. I never went back. DON'T WAIST YOUR TIME.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jim Christensen, MD?
Dr Christensen did not address my food allergies adequately. He didn't address any of my concerns. All he did was had me a printout of some information I could have easily found myself online. I am no further ahead in understanding what to do about my digestive issues. Worse, he was completely inappropriate with his language to me and made me very uncomfortable with some of his comments not related to allergies.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jim Christensen, MD?
About as pompous and arrogant you will ever find. Expect to wait 3+ hours unless you are a "preferred" patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jim Christensen, MD?
Hard to get into. Impossible shot clinic. Long waits.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jim Christensen, MD?
He had Saturday appointments. He was very caring and did not rush through our appointment. He spent the time needed to get to the bottom of my allergies.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jim Christensen, MD?
Takes forever to get into this Dr !!!!!! Heaven forbid if you have an asthmatic espisode, call, and tell the staff this via the phone. They STILL won't get you in . Your screwed . Find another DOC.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jim Christensen, MD?
My PCP referred me to Dr. Christensen for a very concerning problem I have. It took me 4 months to get this appointment with Dr. Christensen at his Cathedral Rock location. After two full hours of waiting, I was advised that the doctor had students, and was running VERY behind. Also, that she was NOT sure when he would get to me? That if I could NOT wait to see the doctor, I could leave! WOW! I realize the doctor's time is more important than mine, but HOW INCONSIDERATE that was!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jim Christensen, MD?
He took the time to explain why I have the symptoms that I have and what is the best course of treatment. I was doing some of the things already and he indicated that there are a couple of additional things that could help. He suggested lower cost medicine (same formula).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jim Christensen, MD?
I went to Dr. Christensen for 7 years for allergy shots but was getting worse. I begged him to help me. All he said was "Keep getting the allergy shots." I finally went to 2 other allergy specialists who told me that I don't have allergies, that I have vasomotor rhinitis, allergy shots don't help. I have very weak lungs due to having polio. Dr. C once saw me after I had pneumonia and didn't even listen to my lungs. Said to med stud. "Her lung function is horrible!" then walked out the door
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jim Christensen, MD?
Dr. Christensen has been wonderful with my daughter. He has been treating her asthma for nearly 4 years now and she loves him and so do my husband and I.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jim Christensen, MD?
I have been referred to him twice now. The first time my referral was cancelled by his office because I didn't schedule soon enough. I tried scheduling 4 times, but they couldn't find me in their system until it was too late supposedly. The second time I was referred, the doctor cancelled the referral because he looked at the tests and said he didn't need to talk to me. The tests didn't even test for what I wanted to talk to him about, but his office didn't listen to me. Not helpful at all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jim Christensen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Christensen?