Dr. Jill Gibson, MD

Dr. Jill Gibson, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |

Dr. Jill Gibson is a Louisiana native. She was born and raised in Louisiana and completed her internship and residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport. Dr. Gibson's practice covers the full spectrum of women's health services including pre-conception counseling, routine prenatal care, birth control, General & Laparoscopic Surgery, Menopause, Endometriosis, Adolescent Gynecology, and hormone replacement therapy. As a mom, she looks forward to helping women with not only their own healthcare needs, but also to being a resource for mothers who need help educating their daughters on how to understand and embrace their own female health.

Jill Gibson MD LLC

• Gilsbar 360
  • Golden Rule
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Gibson

As one of the North Shore's local gynecologists, Dr. Gibson's mission is to provide high quality medicine while emphasizing personal care. Our office in Covington, LA offers advanced equipment to provide the latest in diagnostic and treatment of all gynecologic and obstetrical abnormalities. Dr. Gibson is completely up to date on new procedures and techniques, and she works hard to continue learning about advancements in the field.

Dr. Gibson's Experience

Dr. Gibson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Gynecologic Surgery
  • Gynecology
  • Obstetric & Gynecologic Surgery
  • Obstetrics

Dr. Gibson does not have any board certifications listed.

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Endometriosis
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease

• Birth Control
  • C-Section
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Endocervical Curettage
  • Sympathectomy
  • Syphilis Screening
  • Thyroid Screening
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vulvectomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• LSU-HSC
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2001
  • American University of
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
  • Lsu Health Science Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Lsu Health Sciences Center, Shreveport
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Gibson has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Gibson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gibson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gibson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Gibson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gibson to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Gibson's Performance
in Madisonville, LA |
I always feel welcome when greeted and not just like another patient walking in the door. Wait times are never lengthy which is such a nice change when comparing to other physician's offices. The staff have a genuine kindness which really makes a difference with every visit.
Slidell, LA |
I decided to go to Dr. Gibson for my yearly exam The staff was polite and the doctor was friendly and efficient. That's the good news. The bad news is that I had to wait over 45 minutes past my scheduled time (and I arrived 15 mins early). Pay special care to where they list on the website regarding where they send diagnostic test to. They sent my regular, yearly pap smear test to a clinic in NEW YORK. $247 are now my responsibility because they choose to use an out of network/New York lab.
Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry you had to wait for your appointment. We value your time and do our best to try and stay on-time. For your lab, we did try and reach out to you by phone and let you know that we contacted the lab and took care of your bill for you. Again, we apologize and hope we can service you in the future.
in Mandeville, LA |
Love Dr. Gibson! She takes her time and listens.. She is understanding but will also tell it to you stright and do/recommend what is best for you (even if it's something you don't want to ). I highly recommend Dr. Gibson.
in Covington, LA |
Dr. Gibson has been my OB/GYN for 3 years now. She has seen me through heartache and joy in the last few years. She listens to all of my concerns and addresses them accordingly. I appreciate that she talks to me without sounding condescending and almost always has a smile on her face. I've been to several obgyn's in the area since I was of young and none of them have have the empathy and bedside manor like Dr. Gibson.
in Slidell, LA |
Wonderful bedside manner. She listened to me and was thorough and as a female and mother could relate to my issues. I highly recommend her.
in Covington, LA |
I switched to Dr. Gibson after a bad experience with my first Obgyn. She is always patient, listens and accommodated me with my birth plan. I recommend her to any female.. Young or old.
Covington, LA |
As a labor and delivery nurse here in Co., I've seen all the local doctors at there best and worse. I can you this about Dr. Gibson, she is the sweetest person and treats everyone with respect and very caring. She is hands down the best doctor to have for either pregnancy or surgery and is truly a patients advocate. She takes her time and doesn't rush the patient into a C-Section (this is why she has the lowest C-Section rate out of all the doctors here on the Northshore). No other Drs compare.
in Franklinton, LA |
Dr. Gibson is a wonderful doctor. She takes care of me and my daughters. A genuine person with a heart of gold. Best bedside manner. Thank you Dr. GIbson.
in Hammond, LA |
Dr. Gibson delivered my second baby. I found her at just the right time! Since then, she has been key to my well-being. She is always patient, listens and truly understands what you need. I'm so fortunate that I found her when I did!
in Madisonville, LA |
Switched from my old gyn to Dr. Gibson since my daughter spoke so highly of her. Very sweet and caring person with an awesome bedside manner. Staff was friendly as well. Her office is absolutely beautiful. Good experience overall.
in Slidell, LA |
Dr. Gibson did surgery on me. She is very caring and took very good care of me. Highly recommend her.
in Bush, LA |
Dr. Gibson delivered my twin girls last year vaginally. I love Dr. Gibson. She is so sweet and took very good care of me and my babies. She was pregnant with her baby girl while I was and was very understanding. Highly recommend her to anyone.
in Mandeville, LA |
Dr. Gibson is the absolute best! She took care of me during my first pregnancy and will be taking care of me during my second. She was open to my birth plan and did everything to accommodate them. Great bedside manner!
in Covington, LA |
Great doc! THE BEST bedside manner.
in Covington, LA |
Dr. Gibson is very understanding. If you are worried (like I am) she will reassure you as many times you need. She has been though a lot and that's great with a doctor. Most things I ask she has done or been though so she not only has a doctor pov but her own.
in Mandeville, LA |
I absolutely love Dr. Gibson and her staff. I've been seeing her now for 2 years and she is the most caring physicians I've ever been too. Her office is beautiful and has a calming atmosphere. Couldn't imagine going back to my old GYN.
New Orleans, LA |
I went to Dr Gibson as a new patient for my wellness/ yearly visit. I waited 1hr 45 min to be called back. Staff at front desk seemed totally uninterested in room full of patients. Maybe they could have announced they were running behind? My exam was so painful and I felt she was frustrated with me. 3 wks later I get a bill for $136 for lab work I did not need or want. My yearly is covered by insurance 100%. Also she did no pap! Called office 4 times. No call back from anyone! No pap & bill
in Hammond, LA |
My experience with Dr. Gibson has been amazing. I gave birth to my first son January of 2014 at Lakeview Regional Medical Center, and I thought the whole experience was fantastic. I could not have asked for a better birth experience. Dr. Gibson has THE ABSOLUTE best bed side manner. Being pregnant again, I'm excited that I will get to see Dr. Gibson and her staff more than the usual once a year.
in Gonzales, LA |
Dr. Gibson is the absolute best, sweet, caring doctor I've ever had. Her bedside manner is the best. I love everyone at this office. No matter how often I call everyone is always so helpful. With as much as I've had going on with me, everyone always welcomes me with a smile! Truly an amazing team of people.
in Mandeville, la |
Absolute best bed side manner. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor! She is amazing! After I had my son and didn't have to see her anymore I was actually sad!
in Mandeville, LA |
Amazing doctor, very caring and compassionate with her work and for her patients, I had the best experience throughout my pregnancy and delivery with.Dr. Gibson!
in Mandeville, LA |
Dr. Gibson and her staff are the absolute best. Dr. Gibson took care of my daughter during her pregnancy and her bed side manner is great. I've never seen such a sweet personality in a doctor. She is so down to earth and has a calming and soothing persona. Her staff was wonderful and so was our delivery at Lakeview Hospital. I would highly recommend Dr. Gibson and have switched from my current provider to her.
in Covington, LA |
The best OB/GYN ever!!! She literally saved my life and I will forever be grateful! Thank you Dr. Gibson!
in Covington, LA |
An amazing doctor that genuinely cares about her patients. Puts in the time to make sure you feel comfortable and safe. Very sweet personality, takes pride in her work. Thank you for ensuring my health and my beautiful baby girl!
in Houston, TX |
Excellent appointment availability. Efficient clinic and surgical intervention. Don't hesitate to visit her :)
in Houston, TX |
I recently moved to Houston and was having complications with my Mirena. After trying to establish an OB here and get an appointment stat, i finally gave up and called Dr Gibson. She said she could see me the very next day so i booked a flight for that night! Dr Gibson is kind, proessional and a great doctor. She really cares about her patients!
in Covington, LA |
Called to make an appointment because I needed a sonogram done within 2 days from the day I called and they gave me an appointment for the very next day! WOW, that's never heard of anymore! Staff member, Amanda was extremely helpful and nice! I will recommend her office to anyone that needs an OBGYN! Such a nice change from the normal office staff that I have experienced at other OBGYN offices.
in mount hermon, la. |
Great office manners!
in Covington, la |
I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr Gibson and her staff. I've been a patient of Dr Gibson for a little over a year and trust her with me and my daughters healthcare. She is very gentle and spends time with her patients and very caring. I even received a call on the weekend about exam results. I highly recommend Dr. Gibson.
in covington, la |
From being told to tie the gown around my waist because I already had a mammogram, not being given a vaginal exam because I was over 65 even though my vagina was raw and I still have all my female organs, to being told the Dr was on her way and would call me when she got in!Still waiting that was a couple of months ago!!! This is the first time I have ever had this happen! Have spoken to several people about it and three of them had similar experiences!!!
Have you seen Dr. Jill Gibson, MD?

Visit Dr. Gibson