Dr. Jill Byers, MD

Urology | Female

Dr. Jill Byers, MD
Dr Byers is one of a small group of Board Certified Specialists in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery. This certification is in addition to her Board Certification in General Urology. She is past president of the Orange County Urological Society and has served as Chair of Urology at Hoag Hospital Newport Beach.

Dr. Byers' Care Philosophy

Dr. Byers has extensive experience with the medical and surgical management of urologic conditions affecting both men and women. She is Board Certified and a member of many professional societies. The office accepts many PPO plans and Medicare, and offers easy payment terms for patients with POS and out-of-network insurance plans. We provide state-of-the-art urologic care in a friendly, comfortable office environment.

Dr. Byers' Experience

See how Dr. Byers' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Byers

Dr. Byers accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Byers is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Byers has admitting privileges.

Dr. Byers' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Byers to family and friends
    2.8
    Dr. Byers Says:

Dr. Byers' Performance
      GOOD
      GOOD
    My wife sees two other women doctors who I regard highly. Dr. Byers is the third women doctor we have encountered and I (husband) assess her as having questionable analytical skills, thus not inspiring confidence. We left her after three appointments.
    in Costa Mesa, CA |
    Spends as much time as needed to make sure all of my questions and concerns have been answered- clearly and with sincerity. Procedures are explained thoroughly, and carried out with precision and expertise.
    in Newport Beach, CA |
    Dr. Byers made time in her schedule to an enable an earlier time for a very important surgery. She explained the process and the risks thoroughly. Her caring and professionalism was exemplary. I recommend her highly . She is a terrific Doctor.
    in Huntington Beach, CA |
    She is caring and very knowledgable.
    in Fountain Valley, CA |
    Dr. Byer's cared of my husband, Angelo, over the past twenty months has been very thorough & caring. Each of her office staff has been outstanding in the dignified way they treat Angelo on each visit. We are so greatful to them all. Barbara Martignoni
    in Laguna Beach, CA |
    Dr.Byers' staff was very accommodating and were able to give me an appointment within a few days as a new patient. Dr.Byers was great and she fixed my problem when no other doctor could! I would recommend her to everyone!
    She was very unprofessional and didn't have any answers to my health conditions. She seemed very angry and the procedure she performed on me she didn't seem to care that it was hurting me. I will never go back to her or recommend anyone to see her!!!!
    Have you seen Dr. Jill Byers, MD?
    Are you Dr. Byers?

Dr. Byers says...

Dr. Byers' Care Philosophy

Dr. Byers says...

I strive to do my very best for each and every patient every day. I am committed to my patients and try to demonstrate my respect and compassion in every interaction. It is therefore naturally disappointing to learn that I have fallen short of meeting patient expectations. I would like to understand these comments better and would request that prior to posting a negative review, these concerns be brought to the attention of myself or my office staff so that they can be addressed and any misunderstandings clarified.

I consider it a tremendous privilege to be entrusted with the care of so many wonderful patients who fill my days with joy with their stories and their appreciation. These are just a few comments I have heard and jotted down over the past few weeks:

"I thank you and God every day for this operation."

"Thank you for operating on me despite my age. I feel so much better now."

"You've always been good to me, and I appreciate it."

"It's great not to leak when I cough or sneeze"

Dr. Byers' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Urology
    •  Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Urology

• University of CA Regents Scholarship, 1984
      • Viola Hyde (UCLA) Scholarship, 1991
      • Western Section American Urological Association Resident Scholarship, 1996
      • Pfizer Scholar in Urology, 1997
      • B.A. Cum Laude, UC San Diego, 1986

Dr. Byers has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Byers' Board Certifications

• Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery
    • Urology

• Bladder Atony
    • Bladder Diseases
    • Bladder Infection
    • Bladder Stones
    • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
    • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
    • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
    • Hydronephrosis
    • Interstitial Cystitis
    • Kidney Stones
    • Neurogenic Bladder
    • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
    • Overactive Bladder
    • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
    • Testicular Dysfunction
    • Ureteral Stones
    • Ureteral Stricture or Kinking
    • Urethral Stones
    • Urethral Stricture
    • Urinary Disorders
    • Urinary Incontinence
    • Urinary Stones
    • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
    • Uterine Diseases

Kaiser Fdn
      Kaiser Fdn
      University Of California, San Diego

Graduated in 1986

Dr. Byers does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Byers and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Urology
    • Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

• Bladder Surgery
    • Colon and Rectal Surgery
    • Cystometry
    • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
    • Incontinence Sling Procedure
    • Lithotripsy
    • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
    • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
    • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
    • Uroflowmetry